ADVERTISEMENT

Stats, scores on the scoreboard. More fan experience rants…

ce36ei

Senior
Sep 14, 2019
I distinctly remember in the early 2000’s our scoreboard specifically showed passing yards, rushing yards, total yards and some other stats on each side of the Jumbotron. They were there 100% of the time. Loved it.

Like where the heck did that go? I’m constantly checking my phone for game stats, player stats, and scores from other games. In Assembly Hall they do both of these things well. They’ve completely stopped doing it at Memorial. Surly I’m not the only person annoyed at that.

I distinctly remember in the early 2000’s our scoreboard specifically showed passing yards, rushing yards, total yards and some other stats on each side of the Jumbotron. They were there 100% of the time. Loved it.

Like where the heck did that go? I’m constantly checking my phone for game stats, player stats, and scores from other games. In Assembly Hall they do both of these things well. They’ve completely stopped doing it at Memorial. Surly I’m not the only person annoyed at that.
Game day experience at IU has just always been minor league stuff. That said, I've been to two games so far this season and it seems as though every time I looked at the North scoreboard, live stats were in the right hand frame.

Now, if we want to talk about stuff playing over the sound system at the same time the band is playing, or the hype guy ( he doesn't seem as annoying as IU Women's BBALL) or just..... So many things.

Game day experience at IU has just always been minor league stuff. That said, I've been to two games so far this season and it seems as though every time I looked at the North scoreboard, live stats were in the right hand frame.

Now, if we want to talk about stuff playing over the sound system at the same time the band is playing, or the hype guy ( he doesn't seem as annoying as IU Women's BBALL) or just..... So many things.
I must be so conditioned to look at my phone every stoppage I miss them. But they used to be there 100% and updated after every single play. Loved it! I’ve only been to Ohio State and Iowa on Big 10 roadies and they did both of these things exceptionally well.

I really liked the first down March. I know Wilson killed it, but we’ve never really had it back since in the real form. It was one “new” tradition we could really hold on to.

Reactions: Vern Pain
I must be so conditioned to look at my phone every stoppage I miss them. But they used to be there 100% and updated after every single play. Loved it! I’ve only been to Ohio State and Iowa on Big 10 roadies and they did both of these things exceptionally well.
I lived in "Michiana" for fifty or so years. I've taken in many ND games and while I have no love for the school or their teams, the atmosphere is incredible. There's no "dead air" times, the transitions between the band and the "piped in" sounds is flawless.

I went to Camp Randall last year and that was great too.

I went to one game this year (Akron) and I know people around me were complaining tmthat they weren't showing replays. Someone made a comment that they are basically just glorified billboards.

Reactions: Vern Pain
The police handle traffic, including road closures and one way flows around the stadium.

For sure, but if there is an issue, the school raising a stink about it is sure to get attention. If it is a problem, it won't get fixed unless IU advocates for its fanbase.

For sure, but if there is an issue, the school raising a stink about it is sure to get attention. If it is a problem, it won't get fixed unless IU advocates for its fanbase.
IU has been trying to “make suggestions” for decades. It’s the blessing and curse of having so much of your stadium parking concentrated in one site.

Reactions: TMFT
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT