ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa was over-rated

Is this serious? We played very well against Iowa...
Great to win but if Devonte doesn't have an unusually great game it's a nail biter at best - hard to get too excited as he won't do that again for another 6 games or so... Still glad for the win.

Reactions: IUgradman
Great to win but if Devonte doesn't have an unusually great game it's a nail biter at best - hard to get too excited as he won't do that again for another 6 games or so... Still glad for the win.
Devonte played well in front of his brother. Iowa just happened to be the opponent.

Worst team that IU has played since Nebraska.
Iowa might be near the bottom of the league without Garza. The refs seem to have made a pact that Garza will never get in foul trouble, so he can play 40 minutes if he wants to.

Purdue destroyed them at home. We beat them easily at home. They are down a few players. We will have to see if that is going to start affecting them down the stretch. Garza's scoring will erase several shortcomings.

Iowa might be near the bottom of the league without Garza. The refs seem to have made a pact that Garza will never get in foul trouble, so he can play 40 minutes if he wants to.

Purdue destroyed them at home. We beat them easily at home. They are down a few players. We will have to see if that is going to start affecting them down the stretch. Garza's scoring will erase several shortcomings.
Iowa sucks but let the Apologists have their 2 days of glory.

Reactions: Radio Zero
That's odd because I never saw less than 5 Iowa players on the floor and there were more on the bench.
UFO is struggling with positive things around IU BB. I just call it like I see it. He is committed to negativity it seems.

Impossible to say. But saying things like that are always dumb. If Michael Jordan doesn’t go off for 50, the Bulls lose. See how dumb that is?

Just dumb dude. So FSU sucks, M

So FSU sucks, MSU sucks, anybody we beat sucks. Got it.

they don’t suck. MSU is out of the top 25 for the first time that I can remember. It’s a weird year in CBB. The big ten is deep, but probably only has one legitimate top 15 team. I go through stages where I feel the conference is very overrated, but then I ask myself where are the great teams in college basketball? It’s really wide open, and parity is dominating.

IU has plenty of talent. It seems that we have only scratched the surface of what this team can be. But, just as we have seen with a lot of teams (Iowa and Purdue for example), we could also get crushed by pretty much anyone.

they don’t suck. MSU is out of the top 25 for the first time that I can remember. It’s a weird year in CBB. The big ten is deep, but probably only has one legitimate top 15 team. I go through stages where I feel the conference is very overrated, but then I ask myself where are the great teams in college basketball? It’s really wide open, and parity is dominating.

IU has plenty of talent. It seems that we have only scratched the surface of what this team can be. But, just as we have seen with a lot of teams (Iowa and Purdue for example), we could also get crushed by pretty much anyone.
Obviously our problem is consistency. But the B1G is legit. 11 teams in NCAA right now? That’s nuts! We all just keep beating the crap outta each other.

Obviously our problem is consistency. But the B1G is legit. 11 teams in NCAA right now? That’s nuts! We all just keep beating the crap outta each other.

Not sure how many will actually make it. I was reading a yahoo article that stated that they thought MSU was bordering on nit - land. That’s nuts, they are in, but I’m not sure how many will make it.

yes, the conference is deep and may get the most bids ever, but the highest seed is looking like a 3. It’s not like there are 4 top 15 teams, or the potential for 2-3 #1 seeds.

you are right, though, on teams beating up on another. It may cost some teams bids.

Not sure how many will actually make it. I was reading a yahoo article that stated that they thought MSU was bordering on nit - land. That’s nuts, they are in, but I’m not sure how many will make it.

yes, the conference is deep and may get the most bids ever, but the highest seed is looking like a 3. It’s not like there are 4 top 15 teams, or the potential for 2-3 #1 seeds.

you are right, though, on teams beating up on another. It may cost some teams bids.
Can’t use ranking to judge that. Difficult to be at the top in BB in a very tough and deep conference. But when tourney rolls around, that will tell the truth.

IU doesn't have shooting talent. We've got some athletes, but not shooters.

I don't keep up on other teams but why does Iowa have so few scholarship players?

They said one of their players was suspended and I know a couple players were injured.

Still, injuries aren't a valid excuse according to our resident trolls, especially for a coach that has been at a program going on 10 years like Fran.

They said one of their players was suspended and I know a couple players were injured.

Still, injuries aren't a valid excuse according to our resident trolls, especially for a coach that has been at a program going on 10 years like Fran.

Ok, one was suspended and a couple injured but that still only makes ten. Was he like Archie and didn't start with 13 scholarship players?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT