ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa NW cancelled

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crayfish57

All-American
Sep 18, 2013
Due to Covid

Are we going to be going through another round of this or isolated incident?

The testing has to stop. If you're really sick stay home. Otherwise go on with your life as normal.
I'm staying away from the politics but I think NW has injuries and not enough players that arent actually sick with something ,whether just flu or calling it Covid.

COVID is far more serious than the flu.
Long term impact, probably.
As far as severity, I disagree, at least for me anyway. Got COVID twice, once prior to vaccination and after. Felt like a mild cold.
In contrast, got the flu this December despite a flu shot in October and damn near felt like I was going to die. Seems like anyone who gets the flu gets hit like a ton of bricks while COVID can vary from asymptomatic to death. I’m sure they will discover some day that something in a person’s DNA makes them highly affected by COVID to the point of death. I think with COVID, however, the long term effects that could cause complications for life are there where they don’t exist for Influenza-A.

Reactions: oldcougar77
Long term impact, probably.
As far as severity, I disagree, at least for me anyway. Got COVID twice, once prior to vaccination and after. Felt like a mild cold.
In contrast, got the flu this December despite a flu shot in October and damn near felt like I was going to die. Seems like anyone who gets the flu gets hit like a ton of bricks while COVID can vary from asymptomatic to death. I’m sure they will discover some day that something in a person’s DNA makes them highly affected by COVID to the point of death. I think with COVID, however, the long term effects that could cause complications for life are there where they don’t exist for Influenza-A.
my own theory about Covid, at least the early versions, is that it was very volatile and unpredictable because it hadn't really been exposed to the human population before, so we had no immunity to it. My guess is that circulation through the population is in part why it seems to be becoming less severe. I also had it early (pre-vaccine) and had a pretty mild case overall with no coughing or breathing issues, but I did feel like if it got into my throat and lungs, I was going to have a much tougher time (there were times I felt like coughing, but didn't just to try and keep it from developing as a cough). But to me, it seems to have an ability to find a weakness or vulnerability in your body and exploit whatever that is. In my case, I have a really bad arthritic knee and my knee got swollen and hurt for a week or two. Other than that, I was in bed for about 3 days and then started back to working half days from home after that and back to full time the next week. I didn't resume exercise though and was exhausted for almost 6 weeks and that was the worst symptom for me.

• Sad
Reactions: IU73
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT