ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa NW cancelled

Status
Not open for further replies.
if you don't like to read it... then quit looking at it.
I agree. We should all be big enough boys to hear other folks' views without needing it to be removed. When a thread gets hijacked in a direction you don't like, quit looking. I think the less censorship the better. I don't even mind much of the back and forth with other fanbases, although I see the PU turds here just to tout there current season and good fortune as trolls, but mostly don't mind them and just ignore if they get annoying.

• Love
Reactions: dr.jb and ulrey
my own theory about Covid, at least the early versions, is that it was very volatile and unpredictable because it hadn't really been exposed to the human population before, so we had no immunity to it. My guess is that circulation through the population is in part why it seems to be becoming less severe. I also had it early (pre-vaccine) and had a pretty mild case overall with no coughing or breathing issues, but I did feel like if it got into my throat and lungs, I was going to have a much tougher time (there were times I felt like coughing, but didn't just to try and keep it from developing as a cough). But to me, it seems to have an ability to find a weakness or vulnerability in your body and exploit whatever that is. In my case, I have a really bad arthritic knee and my knee got swollen and hurt for a week or two. Other than that, I was in bed for about 3 days and then started back to working half days from home after that and back to full time the next week. I didn't resume exercise though and was exhausted for almost 6 weeks and that was the worst symptom for me.
So when you say early versions, are you talking about 1600's, 1800's or a more modern version of coronavirus from the 1960's? It's been around for centuries.

CNN and the scary Dr Fauci scared everyone in to thinking it was some new dreaded diesease. NOT!

And to the poster above, The Flu is much more dangerous than fake covid. Annual death rates are consistent and world wide. Walk by an ICU from September to March to get a first hand look.

My wife and I only got the first of two required Pfizer shots with nothing since. We have yet to get the Covid. Our son-in-law just got the virus for the second time, fully vac'd and boosterd. Leading scientists may never fully understand what the strangeness of this highly advanced entity actually is, the true nature of this beast of burden.

Reactions: bailey777
So when you say early versions, are you talking about 1600's, 1800's or a more modern version of coronavirus from the 1960's? It's been around for centuries.

CNN and the scary Dr Fauci scared everyone in to thinking it was some new dreaded diesease. NOT!

And to the poster above, The Flu is much more dangerous than fake covid. Annual death rates are consistent and world wide. Walk by an ICU from September to March to get a first hand look.

I'm talking about Covid-19, which I believe is a new genetic type/form of a coronavirus. Just as the cold and flu come in different forms, I don't believe Covid-19 existed before this latest iteration, although I do think it may have begun before they universally acknowledged it. And, I don't think there's any doubt that the original strains/varieties of Covid were far more lethal than the flu. I've never known anyone (maybe 1... friends elderly grandmother possibly) who as died of the flu, but I probably know a half dozen people who have died from Covid, including, I fear, a long-time AOTF poster. I'm not going to discuss this any further than this post, but feel like my views are the most mainstream regarding Covid19.

Ridiculous. Maybe they can get tested between possesions and triple mask because masks stop everything.
I think the real issue is Iowa is protesting Northwestern not being woke enough!

Mixed in with their standard black and gold color scheme was the word “Equality” on their backs, placed below their numbers and last names. It's an obvious nod to social justice messaging. And while most teams no longer use uniforms to promote it, Iowa isn't most teams.

I think the real issue is Iowa is protesting Northwestern not being woke enough!

Mixed in with their standard black and gold color scheme was the word “Equality” on their backs, placed below their numbers and last names. It's an obvious nod to social justice messaging. And while most teams no longer use uniforms to promote it, Iowa isn't most teams.
No one should ever promote equality. What a horrible idea. Very un-American.

seems like I still see that frequently still, but not sure if it's college bball, fball or NFL. I've just started to expect it when I watch sports.

Pants aren't for promotion and promotion not for pants. Once that happens the more distracting it gets to the essence of the game. It's become too big business, including the business of non-profit groups in greed at the same game. Everyone wants a voice and every voice comes with a price. This is what happens when everyone is angry, angry settles down and the sky above clears the mind of mold. It's the early stages of Revolution, Stirring of the pot to befuddle the minds of the masses will segue into a new reality, It is the making of a new Age.

If IU put in on their jerseys would that do it for you? Most IU fans go insane if you even mention putting the players last names on the jerseys but I am sure they would be cool with putting "equility" on them instead . I nominate you to go present your idea to Woodson. We will wait and see what his response it.

Pants aren't for promotion and promotion not for pants. Once that happens the more distracting it gets to the essence of the game. It's become too big business, including the business of non-profit groups in greed at the same game. Everyone wants a voice and every voice comes with a price. This is what happens when everyone is angry, angry settles down and the sky above clears the mind of mold. It's the early stages of Revolution, Stirring of the pot to befuddle the minds of the masses will segue into a new reality, It is the making of a new Age.
If stating that someone is "stirring the pot to befuddle the minds of the masses" by promoting the idea of equality...

Since when did equality become a controversial concept again? I thought we left the idea the there shouldn't be equality behind many decades ago. Forget left and right politics... why would anyone find equality undesirable? Why would anyone even consider equality to be a political issue at all?

If stating that someone is "stirring the pot to befuddle the minds of the masses" by promoting the idea of equality...

Since when did equality become a controversial concept again? I thought we left the idea the there shouldn't be equality behind many decades ago. Forget left and right politics... why would anyone find equality undesirable? Why would anyone even consider equality to be a political issue at all?
Save equality for the billboards. Don't distract me with advertisement on the outfit.

It’s ridiculous. Northwestern should have to play or forfeit.
Don't know if the NCAA requires them to submit proof, but the Covid card has pretty universally been a get out of jail free card in my book. I've played it to cancel flights, hotel reservations, etc... and don't think there's ever been a question or penalty. Do I think a coach would say their team has covid infections to get out of playing when they are hurting and short-handed? Of course.

Don't know if the NCAA requires them to submit proof, but the Covid card has pretty universally been a get out of jail free card in my book. I've played it to cancel flights, hotel reservations, etc... and don't think there's ever been a question or penalty. Do I think a coach would say their team has covid infections to get out of playing when they are hurting and short-handed? Of course.
Isn't it ironic...IU's only Covid game cancellation didn't come until the final weekend of the regular season, one of the few seasons we were favored against PU and playing this one at home. I've always thought someone passed us the Covid card underneath the table.

Reactions: dr.jb
You triggered little snowflake. Why are you commenting on another guys outfit. Stick to being a fan and stop being so woke.
In a touch of irony, here I thought it was the woken snowflakes putting cutesy little "Equality" on their fannies, not the ones like me preferring they keep their social justice rants elsewhere.

Kinda feels rather snowflakey when a word like "Equality" on a uniform bothers you.
Why not just cauterize a tattoo in the middle of your forehead, "EQUALITY,' and be done with it if it's soapbox preachy, pounding of the chest thing you like to do so much? I live near a small town in south-central IN where you know those of town from those of tourist. Some of these locals have "Hate Has No Home Here" signs in their yards. It's always the hateful people who bother with these signs, the one's bent so far out of shape over Hillary's upset. Maybe it's their way of reminding themselves to not always be so hateful, like they need constant reminding. If you think you have to constantly remind others about it, maybe you're the one with a fixation problem. Maybe you're the one who has some deep, inner recess of the brain type insecurity toward those of lesser equal. I personally don't have issues with it so your reminding to me seems redundant. That is why "snowflake" would rather not see "EQUALITY" on a uniform. I abide by my Old School rules, the ones tried and true. Now, let's hear your woke excuse.

In summary said...

I don't have a problem with equality, but I do putting "EQUALITY" labeled on college basketball attire. You don't have a problem with "EQUALITY' labeled on college basketball attire, but you do with equality. Isn't life strange...a turn of the page can read like before.

Reactions: lifelonghoosier
Why not just cauterize a tattoo in the middle of your forehead, "EQUALITY,' and be done with it if it's soapbox preachy, pounding of the chest thing you like to do so much? I live near a small town in south-central IN where you know those of town from those of tourist. Some of these locals have "Hate Has No Home Here" signs in their yards. It's always the hateful people who bother with these signs, the one's bent so far out of shape over Hillary's upset. Maybe it's their way of reminding themselves to not always be so hateful, like they need constant reminding. If you think you have to constantly remind others about it, maybe you're the one with a fixation problem. Maybe you're the one who has some deep, inner recess of the brain type insecurity toward those of lesser equal. I personally don't have issues with it so your reminding to me seems redundant. That is why "snowflake" would rather not see "EQUALITY" on a uniform. I abide by my Old School rules, the ones tried and true. Now, let's hear your woke excuse.

In summary said...

I don't have a problem with equality, but I do putting "EQUALITY" labeled on college basketball attire. You don't have a problem with "EQUALITY' labeled on college basketball attire, but you do with equality. Isn't life strange...a turn of the page can read like before.
Maybe that sign in the yard is a message to the bigots in the community that not everyone who lives there agrees with their "anti-woke" agenda. Maybe it's just a notice that some in the community welcome people regardless of creed. I'm going to guess that a sign in the yard with a specifically Christian message wouldn't bother you in the slightest. If you love freedom and liberty why are you so triggered by someone exercising the right to free expression ? And your lengthy diatribe contradicts your statement that others are the ones with a "fixation".

Reactions: Monkey Pox
Maybe that sign in the yard is a message to the bigots in the community that not everyone who lives there agrees with their "anti-woke" agenda. Maybe it's just a notice that some in the community welcome people regardless of creed. I'm going to guess that a sign in the yard with a specifically Christian message wouldn't bother you in the slightest. If you love freedom and liberty why are you so triggered by someone exercising the right to free expression ? And your lengthy diatribe contradicts your statement that others are the ones with a "fixation".
I wouldn't hate "Hate Has No Home Here" signage if those preaching against hate weren't so hateful themselves. I don't like preachy "Jesus Saves" signs on telephone poles either. When I see that I think I'll see on the next sign... "S&H Green Stamps". I like that He saves, just not the distracting signs. BTW, my church has trees. If you have to ask, the spiritual concept is beyond you and you're probably a city dweller within a metroplex of more driven people.

I wouldn't hate "Hate Has No Home Here" signage if those preaching against hate weren't so hateful themselves. I don't like preachy "Jesus Saves" signs on telephone poles either. When I see that I think I'll see on the next sign... "S&H Green Stamps". I like that He saves, just not the distracting signs. BTW, my church has trees. If you have to ask, the spiritual concept is beyond you and you're probably a city dweller within a metroplex of more driven people.
I have never understood some people’s need to virtue signal. I do think a lot of people who do it are trying to mask something or they are just really just super narcissistic and need to be told how great they are. They need to be told you are so full of virtue because you put a sign up in your yard saying “ all are welcome”. But by guess would be all are not welcome at all it is all just for show. Most really kind and loving people I know do not virtue signal as they just do it because that is who they are. They do not need the woman next store to tell them how great they are.

In summary said...

It's nice that you know so much about me to state "You don't have a problem with "EQUALITY' labeled on college basketball attire, but you do with equality." Please remind when we had a nice, long conversation about this topic.

I'm not getting political here. I'm not mentioning Hillary, or Trump, or any political ideology. I'm not being "woke," and you are the first person to ever hint that I am. I'm just wondering aloud how "Equality" became a concept that some people have an issue with and feel is a political issue. And, of course, if someone gets bothered about seeing that word on a uniform... that does pretty much fit the perfect definition of a snowflake.

I have never understood some people’s need to virtue signal. I do think a lot of people who do it are trying to mask something or they are just really just super narcissistic and need to be told how great they are. They need to be told you are so full of virtue because you put a sign up in your yard saying “ all are welcome”. But by guess would be all are not welcome at all it is all just for show. Most really kind and loving people I know do not virtue signal as they just do it because that is who they are. They do not need the woman next store to tell them how great they are.
I've always said, the donors "Anonymous" are the ones in highest esteem. Many others do it for their image because the sight of your name is for the sake of "You care!". Of course, those of higher recognized donation are worthy of more Brownie Points in heaven. Imagine how fast the donations would drop if everyone had to be listed as Anonymous, or if names listed as having given, but not how much. Does anyone really think when there is a $1000 - $4,999 category before $5,0000-....anyone gives anything but $1000? Why give $4,999 when a measly extra dollar will grant you a category of extra status in the eyes of the world? Bigger bang for just an extra buck!

That's almost as dumb as saying "Viruses (or bacteria) have been around for millions of years, no big deal".

At least now everyone knows you really are that stupid.

It's nice that you know so much about me to state "You don't have a problem with "EQUALITY' labeled on college basketball attire, but you do with equality." Please remind when we had a nice, long conversation about this topic.

I'm not getting political here. I'm not mentioning Hillary, or Trump, or any political ideology. I'm not being "woke," and you are the first person to ever hint that I am. I'm just wondering aloud how "Equality" became a concept that some people have an issue with and feel is a political issue. And, of course, if someone gets bothered about seeing that word on a uniform... that does pretty much fit the perfect definition of a snowflake.
"There will be peace in the valley for me some day" is what I would start to sing whenever my now ex-wife would get really pissed about something. Your response made me think of that tactic I employed to defuse a smoldering powder keg. It backfired as my doing so only made her more pissed, leading to the inevitable passive-aggressive claim.

I'll say it again...I have no problem with equality, but I prefer not to see it on basketball clothing. The same goes for any other identifying marker other than a number and name. The reason being is because I've watched college basketball for over sixty years. I don't want to see uniforms with "Jesus Is Coming" or "Allah Smells of Camel Dick" any more or less than "EQUALITY" or "RACIST PIG". I like my uniforms simple, not complex. I'm a traditionalist. Is that such a bad thing in this New Age of the Self-Righteous Know-It-Alls?

"No frowns to defile, just a big endless smile. There'll be peace and contentment for me."

"There will be peace in the valley for me some day" is what I would start to sing whenever my now ex-wife would get really pissed about something. Your response made me think of that tactic I employed to defuse a smoldering powder keg. It backfired as my doing so only made her more pissed, leading to the inevitable passive-aggressive claim.

I'll say it again...I have no problem with equality, but I prefer not to see it on basketball clothing. The same goes for any other identifying marker other than a number and name. The reason being is because I've watched college basketball for over sixty years. I don't want to see uniforms with "Jesus Is Coming" or "Allah Smells of Camel Dick" any more or less than "EQUALITY" or "RACIST PIG". I like my uniforms simple, not complex. I'm a traditionalist. Is that such a bad thing in this New Age of the Self-Righteous Know-It-Alls?

"No frowns to defile, just a big endless smile. There'll be peace and contentment for me."
And I have absolutely no issue with your preferences. My issues stem from people thinking that "Equality" is inherently leftist, just as some people believe that displaying the American flag is inherently rightist. Both should be inherently American.

And I have absolutely no issue with your preferences. My issues stem from people thinking that "Equality" is inherently leftist, just as some people believe that displaying the American flag is inherently rightist. Both should be inherently American.
True. The big question then remains, what got us thinking this way..."Equality" as leftist, flag wavers of overly righteous ways? Is this part of another group's Grand Plan, a scheme enhanced through the mudslinging inherent on social media? Divided we are as Americans, against each other, along with generally accepted mistrust of authority from both our governmental agencies and police force. It's a recipe for revolution oft repeated in history. Is anybody listening? Is anyone at home?

"And although my eyes were open, they might have just as well been closed." ~ Procol Harum's Whiter Shade of Pale, 1967.

Reactions: speroni
The testing has to stop. If you're really sick stay home. Otherwise go on with your life as normal.
Oh, come on. Nobody who is "really sick" will "stay home" voluntarily (your words).

Mary Mallon went on with her life "as normal" even after being told to stop just as you now promote:

When you reduce a complicated health issue to just "this" (your word) you're revealing how much you understand about health, microbiology, etc.

How do you feel about all those government regulations about STD's and seat belts?

not about science, not reasonable science
Just curious -- in your own personal biology lab at home where you do your own Covid experiments, do you prefer the Kenner or Hasbro or Mattel chemistry sets?

Surely you must have done some Covid experiments on your own to solidify your public opinion that the cancellation of this game was not based on "reasonable science".

Go Hoosiers.

Crayfish, wasn't your Original Post No. 1 just a political post of your own?

And now, having had your say, aren't you just running away?

Much more importantly, how do you think we will take down the Spartans on Sunday?
#1 Keep your carryover anger on the other board idiot.

#2 I posted that a Big 10 was cancelled which has potential ramifications as the season continues.

#3 most importantly, do you think?

#1 Keep your carryover anger on the other board idiot.

#2 I posted that a Big 10 was cancelled which has potential ramifications as the season continues.

#3 most importantly, do you think?
A second nu game has now been canned.

• Wow
Reactions: dr.jb
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT