ADVERTISEMENT

Sydney Parrish

One of the Big knocks on Moren is she doesn't play/develop her bench players much. It's part of why the program has a lower ceiling than being a FF team
Watch the NW game: the starters barely played in the 4th quarter and she left the backups in even when NW started to turn the momentum a bit and let them fight through it. Maybe it's just me wanting to defend all things IU but it feels like you're here to take pot shots at the program that has supplanted your school at the top of the conference and in relevance. What other boards do you hang out on to discuss women's hoops? I guess you're all over the SC board?

Chloe is fantastic and she is still polishing her game; getting better and better. She is building a strong case to make the big $$$ in the WNBA. Great to have her back next season !!!
The jump I feel we need from Chloe is 3 pt shooting. Her freshman year she was like 1-23. The first part of her sophomore year was bad as well, but it changed with the second PU game. We need her to be over 40%. Right now she is mid 30s I think.

One of the Big knocks on Moren is she doesn't play/develop her bench players much. It's part of why the program has a lower ceiling than being a FF team
I agree she does not play freshman as much, even late in games we will obviously win.
I disagree with your FF comments. We are knocking on that door with final 16 and final 8 the last two years.

Watch the NW game: the starters barely played in the 4th quarter and she left the backups in even when NW started to turn the momentum a bit and let them fight through it. Maybe it's just me wanting to defend all things IU but it feels like you're here to take pot shots at the program that has supplanted your school at the top of the conference and in relevance. What other boards do you hang out on to discuss women's hoops? I guess you're all over the SC board?
Yep, that first Northwestern game, the bench all played 16 to 20 minutes.

Lamendola is getting quite a few minutes during critical points in the games. She seems to.be responding. Beaumont,not some reason has moved further down the bench. She came in right after Lilly went down. She blew her assignment on D, coach pulled her out, got pretty heated with her as she came to the bench.

Coach has said on a number of occasions that there aren't many freshmen who get what's expected of them defensively.

The jump I feel we need from Chloe is 3 pt shooting. Her freshman year she was like 1-23. The first part of her sophomore year was bad as well, but it changed with the second PU game. We need her to be over 40%. Right now she is mid 30s I think.
Just bear in mind, that might not be realistic. You want someone who was 1-23ish her freshman year to get to over 40%, after already improving to being a decent mid-30% shooter already? She's made pretty significant jumps to get where she is. That might be a need that has to be addressed through the portal as they did with Scalia. She's good enough now where opponents have to defend her legitimately on a very good 3 pt shooting team.

Reactions: MichaelRR
Lamendola is getting quite a few minutes during critical points in the games. She seems to.be responding. Beaumont,not some reason has moved further down the bench.
I hadn't seen Lamendola play, but I thought she looked really solid versus NW. Won't surprise me at all if she moves into the starting lineup, or is at least a 6th (wo)man who gets a lot of PT off the bench.

I hadn't seen Lamendola play, but I thought she looked really solid versus NW. Won't surprise me at all if she moves into the starting lineup, or is at least a 6th (wo)man who gets a lot of PT off the bench.
Right, & she's a strong woman who can create her own shot(Iowa game) & will only get better with reps.

Just bear in mind, that might not be realistic. You want someone who was 1-23ish her freshman year to get to over 40%, after already improving to being a decent mid-30% shooter already? She's made pretty significant jumps to get where she is. That might be a need that has to be addressed through the portal as they did with Scalia. She's good enough now where opponents have to defend her legitimately on a very good 3 pt shooting team.
Well CMM is shooting 40% from 3 THIS year, so not sure how it is unrealistic

Haven't followed the PAC until this year, used to hang out on the Summitt, Hoopscoop, and the PSU women's board. Unfortunately the latter two have folded, as well as the TxTech women's board. Still visit Rebkell, Boneyard, and UMINN board but the Minn board is formatted oddly and I find it difficult to stay engaged.

Well CMM is shooting 40% from 3 THIS year, so not sure how it is unrealistic
I didn't look it up and just took his word for it. My point was that she's made great progress as a shooter already and she's already very well-rounded. In a perfect world, if Moren feels like she needs a shooter to replace Scalia, I think I'd look for that in the portal as well as another ball handler vs expecting CMM to also become a shooter. The thing I think I'd urge her to work on is to become and even better penetrator and scorer. I felt we lost that in losing Grace and CMM has the best combination of skills to provide that next year, especially if Bargresser becomes the primary PG.

Reactions: red hornet
I didn't look it up and just took his word for it. My point was that she's made great progress as a shooter already and she's already very well-rounded. In a perfect world, if Moren feels like she needs a shooter to replace Scalia, I think I'd look for that in the portal as well as another ball handler vs expecting CMM to also become a shooter. The thing I think I'd urge her to work on is to become and even better penetrator and scorer. I felt we lost that in losing Grace and CMM has the best combination of skills to provide that next year, especially if Bargresser becomes the primary PG.
Going back to the Purdue game on the road last year, CMM is 50-120 from 3, about 42%, she has already become a shooter

Going back to the Purdue game on the road last year, CMM is 50-120 from 3, about 42%, she has already become a shooter
Your points should really be directed to jssanto who is the one who said CMM needs to improve her outside shooting even more. My point was I think she is already very solid regardless of the exact % and I think I'd just focus on getting her to be even more aggressive in looking to score, drive and facilitate, where I think she could do more good and also get a lot of assist opportunities. I agree, she's already a pretty good outside shooter and to make any appreciable jump again would probably require her to spend most of her time working on that. When I watched Knecht at UT, he was so aggressive in looking for scoring opps (not just 3 pt shooting, but also going to the rim) it put a tremendous amount of pressure on the opponent's D. I think that's a role that could be better utilized and I think CMM is better equipped to do that than any of our other current projected returnees.

Your points should really be directed to jssanto who is the one who said CMM needs to improve her outside shooting even more. My point was I think she is already very solid regardless of the exact % and I think I'd just focus on getting her to be even more aggressive in looking to score, drive and facilitate, where I think she could do more good and also get a lot of assist opportunities. I agree, she's already a pretty good outside shooter and to make any appreciable jump again would probably require her to spend most of her time working on that. When I watched Knecht at UT, he was so aggressive in looking for scoring opps (not just 3 pt shooting, but also going to the rim) it put a tremendous amount of pressure on the opponent's D. I think that's a role that could be better utilized and I think CMM is better equipped to do that than any of our other current projected returnees.
If you have a guard sitting over 40% from 3 point range, they aren't shooting enough. Unless they are also shooting over 60% on pull up jumpers.

If you have a guard sitting over 40% from 3 point range, they aren't shooting enough. Unless they are also shooting over 60% on pull up jumpers.
Well, I'd agree, say on our men's team, but not our women's which as recently as last week was leading the country in 3 pt shooting %. If you've got Scalia and Garzon out there, in almost every case, the best you can be is 3rd best shooter on the roster, and Parrish is no slouch either. I'd agree as a team, we need to be shooting even more 3s, but then we have Holmes inside who is close to automatic.

That's really what I think jssanto was meaning when talking about CMM's shooting that she's going to have to likely shoulder more of the load in being a more prolific 3 pt shooter next year. Personally, as I said, if they were to add another good 3 pt shooter in the portal, I'd try and encourage CMM to just be a more dynamic scorer and facilitator going to the hoop. She can score, draw fouls and make dumpoffs or kickouts and I think with the players we have, that would be even more deadly.

Chloe is fantastic and she is still polishing her game; getting better and better. She is building a strong case to make the big $$$ in the WNBA. Great to have her back next season !!!
Big money in the WNBA does not equal Big NIL money.

Big money in the WNBA does not equal Big NIL money.
And unfortunately CMM is unlikely to see either. She's not likely to make the WNBA and she probably isn't making any NIL money of note, very few athletes not in men's basketball or football make bank off of NIL.

And unfortunately CMM is unlikely to see either. She's not likely to make the WNBA and she probably isn't making any NIL money of note, very few athletes not in men's basketball or football make bank off of NIL.
I don't watch the WNBA at all, but I would think CMM with another year will have a shot. A good ball handler and defender who can knock down 3s with decent size. What about her game do you think doesn't translate to a backup PG spot in the WNBA?

I don't watch the WNBA at all, but I would think CMM with another year will have a shot. A good ball handler and defender who can knock down 3s with decent size. What about her game do you think doesn't translate to a backup PG spot in the WNBA?
The WNBA only has 12 teams, and only 11 roster spots per team. There just aren't that many slots available each year, and some of those go to International players instead of college players. Another factor is the women play longer careers than the men on average. There are only 10-15 rookies per year that stick, and I just don't see CMM being in that elite level of talent.

Holmes is not projected as a first round pick and the evaluations on her are she'd be a decent backup that 3-5 teams might be interested in for the second round.

Last edited:
Reactions: kmathum
I don't think CMM will even get a sniff with the WNBA. There's 132 roster spots in the league, I think I read. On average about 15 new players per year.

I don't think CMM will even get a sniff with the WNBA. There's 132 roster spots in the league, I think I read. On average about 15 new players per year.
well, 1 more year to improve her stats and standing, and we're losing a LOT of ppg this year, so it will be there for the taking for CMM. Berger surprised people last year. I think Mack will this coming year. CMM might be the surprise next year. What you're saying makes sense, but I just know how valuable a good steady PG is to any team and she has a lot of tools.

well, 1 more year to improve her stats and standing, and we're losing a LOT of ppg this year, so it will be there for the taking for CMM. Berger surprised people last year. I think Mack will this coming year. CMM might be the surprise next year. What you're saying makes sense, but I just know how valuable a good steady PG is to any team and she has a lot of tools.
Another issue is you see her against Big Ten teams, and the BT produces very very few WNBA players. This year Clark and maybe Holmes have a chance to stick on rosters. Until Iowa play year the last truly Big Ten women's team in the FF was MSU in 04. UMary made the FFv their first year from the ACC but that was a team recruited fur the ACC, not the BT. To my knowledge, and I only lightly follow the WNBA, only a handful of BT players have ever made the W all star game.

Another issue is you see her against Big Ten teams, and the BT produces very very few WNBA players. This year Clark and maybe Holmes have a chance to stick on rosters. Until Iowa play year the last truly Big Ten women's team in the FF was MSU in 04. UMary made the FFv their first year from the ACC but that was a team recruited fur the ACC, not the BT. To my knowledge, and I only lightly follow the WNBA, only a handful of BT players have ever made the W all star game.
Jacey Sheldon

I honestly don't think Mack will make a roster.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT