ADVERTISEMENT

Interesting (to me) turn in the Emoluments case

not a Trump fan, but how much real estate did Trump sell per yr in the 5 yrs prior to his being prez.

35 mil isn't a lot of real estate these days, even in Btown.

regardless, the problem is much much bigger than Trump or the Clintons.

politicians, regulators, staffers, can't monetize their office fast enough and it's an epidemic, not an exception here or there.

not a difficult problem to fix either, but neither the politicians, nor the moneyed interests bribing them, want it fixed.

they think the system is working great, and it is working great for them..

but then the sock puppets on the board don't ever think in terms of fixing problems afflicting both sides, only in demonizing the other side.

easy fix to the money buying govt thing, and politicians and regulators cashing in on their office.

all US reps, senators, prez, top regulators, and their spouses, from the time they enter office till death, get only their salary and benefits while in office, and a nice pension after, and can accept no other income or anything of value, earned or gifted other than inheritance from a relative, no exceptions.

no speaking fees, book deals, board seats, lobbying gigs, no regulatory revolving door, investment income.

NOTHING BUT YOUR SALARY, THEN PENSION.

make the penalties for violating said policy severe enough few even think of violating it.

anyone who isn't good with that, is free to stay in the private sector and try and earn all they wish.

public service positions should be held by those seeking to do what best for the citizenry they are hired/voted in to serve, not cash in by serving those they weren't, often at the very expense of the citizenry.

at the same, put in serious campaign finance reform.

not only would it solve the money controlling govt problem day one, but a lot of the the divided nation problem at the same time.

Last edited:
Reactions: PhyloeBedoe
not a Trump fan, but how much real estate did Trump sell per yr in the 5 yrs prior to his being prez.

35 mil isn't a lot of real estate these days, even in Btown.

regardless, the problem is much much bigger than Trump or the Clintons.

politicians, regulators, staffers, can't monetize their office fast enough and it's an epidemic, not an exception here or there.

not a difficult problem to fix either, but neither the politicians, nor the moneyed interests bribing them, want it fixed.

they think the system is working great, and it is working great for them..

but then the sock puppets on the board don't ever think in terms of fixing problems afflicting both sides, only in demonizing the other side.

easy fix to the money buying govt thing, and politicians and regulators cashing in on their office.

all US reps, senators, prez, top regulators, and their spouses, from the time they enter office till death, get only their salary and benefits while in office, and a nice pension after, and can accept no other income or anything of value, earned or gifted other than inheritance from a relative, no exceptions.

no speaking fees, book deals, board seats, lobbying gigs, no regulatory revolving door, investment income.

NOTHING BUT YOUR SALARY THEN PENSION.

make the penalties for violating said policy severe enough few even think of violating it.

anyone who isn't good with that, is free to stay in the private sector and try and earn all they wish.

public service positions should be held by those seeking to do what best for the citizenry they are hired/voted in to serve, not cash in by serving those they weren't, often at the very expense of the citizenry.

at the same, put in serious campaign finance reform.

not only would it solve the money controlling govt problem day one, but a lot of the the divided nation problem at the same time.
Didn't read it (don't need a headache), but how many times did you type "sock puppets?" When did you decide to post in a style that few would ever read?

Reactions: dahldc and MrBing
Didn't read it (don't need a headache), but how many times did you type "sock puppets?" When did you decide to post in a style that few would ever read?
Gift idea for your wife.

bang-head-here.jpg

Didn't read it (don't need a headache), but how many times did you type "sock puppets?" would ever read?

sorry, obviously i didn't read your post either.

by chance did you use the "don't need a headache" line again, or the "When did you decide to post in a style that few would ever read" line?

i only ask because as i said, i obviously didn't read it.

LMAO.

sorry, obviously i didn't read your post either.

by chance did you use the "don't need a headache" line again, or the "When did you decide to post in a style that few would ever read" line?

i only ask because as i said, i obviously didn't read it.

LMAO.
Why do you post that way? It’s not adult, it makes you seem unserious, and it’s hard to read. I believe it’s disrespectful to other posters to post in a style that’s hard to read - and I’m far from the only one to note that you do it. Why do you do it? I’ll never ask you again if you answer the question. I’ll never even reply to any of your posts again, unless you post like an adult (obviously unlikely). I’d like to solve the mystery.

Reactions: MrBing and dahldc
Why do you post that way? It’s not adult, it makes you seem unserious, and it’s hard to read. I believe it’s disrespectful to other posters to post in a style that’s hard to read - and I’m far from the only one to note that you do it. Why do you do it? I’ll never ask you again if you answer the question. I’ll never even reply to any of your posts again, unless you post like an adult (obviously unlikely). I’d like to solve the mystery.

get over yourself.

the next post of actual substance you make, will be your 1st in 17 yrs and almost 25,000 posts.

how is that even possible?

you've single handedly disproven both the "blind squirrel" and "even a broken clock" theories, heretofore commonly accepted as givens.

sock puppet troll, with absolutely nothing of substance to add to the discussion, any discussion, ever, is no way to go through life son.

get over yourself.

the next post of actual substance you make, will be your 1st in 17 yrs and almost 25,000 posts.

how is that even possible?

you've single handedly disproven both the "blind squirrel" and "even a broken clock" theories, heretofore commonly accepted as givens.

sock puppet troll, with absolutely nothing of substance to add to the discussion, any discussion, ever, is no way to go through life son.
You can’t answer a straight forward question. You’re an unserious and worthless poster. I’m just curious why you post the way an uncool old man thinks a cool young teenager would post. That’s all.

Last edited:
Reactions: MrBing
You can’t answer a straight forward question. You’re an unserious and worthless poster. I’m just curious why you post the way an uncoll old man thinks a cool young teenager would post. That’s all.
I’ve just always thought maybe it was e e cummings. But I think he’s dead.

Reactions: MrBing
just blow the "sock puppet" whistle, and the sock puppets can't come running fast enough.

and funny how my posts that are non partisan and criticize both parties, get the most pushback.

while the sock puppets like to be seen as pro left or pro right, what they really are is "pro party", and would back even the opposite party, (that's still owned by the same interests as their own party), before they would ever back the citizenry.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT