ADVERTISEMENT

Inflation, deficit and interest rates would be higher under Trump than Harris

The problem with this logic is it requires so much speculation. We have actual evidence of all of these under Biden/Harris and trump. They both have a record not might/could
Ha! Trump had a golden economy left to him by Obama. Biden had Covid and a supply chain nightmare. The US economy right now is the envy of the world, because it has returned strong from Covid while all the others haven’t.

Ha! Trump had a golden economy left to him by Obama. Biden had Covid and a supply chain nightmare. The US economy right now is the envy of the world, because it has returned strong from Covid while all the others haven’t.
People care about prices. Why do you think she’s underwater. And they skyrocketed bc all Harris Biden know is to pander with free cheese. Inflation spiked as a result of all of the giveaways and stays on bills as stated repeatedly by the fed.

Harris isn’t even in and she’s up to $45k in freebies. She’s a moron. Her policies are moronic. From the border to crime to free everything. That’s why she’s tied with an 80 year old crook in mental decline

Envy of the world and it’s the top issue. Why? Bc of prices.

Reactions: mcmurtry66

You're never going to get these people to acknowledge we're in good shape -- that would mean they'd have to at least give a nod to Biden's stewardship. They'd rather see Trump stick it to the libs.

What parts do you take issue with?
It calls for pure speculation. Who knows what will ever get through. Hell as @crazed_hoosier2 noted the best part about trump is his inability to get things through.

What we have actual evidence of is the deleterious impact of Biden’s policies on prices from every corner of consumer life. We also know Harris says she is lockstop with those policies. And we know she hasnt learned. She wants to already give away $45k

The bigger picture is the American dream is shot for millions and millions are struggling to afford the spiked cost of living. Repeating history with Harris from what she did to prices and the border is insanity
That's a "no shit" argument. I'm looking at the bigger picture.

Reactions: stollcpa
You're never going to get these people to acknowledge we're in good shape -- that would mean they'd have to at least give a nod to Biden's stewardship. They'd rather see Trump stick it to the libs.
The reason is because we’re not in good shape and we just lived through the worse 4 years since the late 70s.

• Haha
Reactions: Harry Hondo
The reason is because we’re not in good shape and we just lived through the worse 4 years since the late 70s.
That's bull. The last 4 years we'rent worse than COVID, they weren't worse than the Bush recession, they weren't even close to as bad as what was going on in the 70s. Inflation was high but that is one of hundreds of economic indicators. Most of which are looking pretty damn good.

It calls for pure speculation. Who knows what will ever get through. Hell as @crazed_hoosier2 noted the best part about trump is his inability to get things through.

What we have actual evidence of is the deleterious impact of Biden’s policies on prices from every corner of consumer life. We also know Harris says she is lockstop with those policies. And we know she hasnt learned. She wants to already give away $45k

Did you actually read the article?

The biggest inflationary policy cited by economists are his tariffs, something he doesn't need any approval by anyone for.

Inflation hit a 41 year record. The nonprofit shit I do people are struggling big time to get by. Yet some of my friends are rolling in it!!! I think the division grew
It’s the asset class versus the wage class. If you own assets like your buddies and twenty, life has been pretty good the past 4 years. For the other 60-80% of the population, not so much.

That's bull. The last 4 years we'rent worse than COVID, they weren't worse than the Bush recession, they weren't even close to as bad as what was going on in the 70s. Inflation was high but that is one of hundreds of economic indicators. Most of which are looking pretty damn good.
If you think the economy has been worse the last four years than it was from 2009-2013 you need a lobotomy.

Hell the economy was worse from 2001-2003 than it has been during this period. Also the early 90s.
The economy is the number one issue bc people care about prices. That’s it. Prices spiked as a result of social workers calling for stays on bills and free cheese.

It’s the asset class versus the wage class. If you own assets like your buddies and twenty, life has been pretty good the past 4 years. For the other 60-80% of the population, not so much.
Absolutely. Small biz owner. Gas prices for that business. Insurance. Kids in daycare. Rent. Groceries. Etc. That’s why it’s the number one issue. These people evaluate at the grocery store based on evidence not some Wall Street economist wrong half the time

The economy is the number one issue bc people care about prices. That’s it. Prices spiked as a result of social workers calling for stays on bills and free cheese.

No shit. But posting some hyperbole that it's been the worst 4 years economically since the 70s is either lying or being willfully ignorant of history

No shit. But posting some hyperbole that it's been the worst 4 years economically since the 70s is either lying or being willfully ignorant of history
Inflation it’s 41 years. That’s what is germane to people. Why do you think the economy is the number one issue to people?

Inflation it’s 41 years. That’s what is germane to people. Why do you think the economy is the number one issue to people?

He didn't say inflation. Economy is always the number 1 issue for people... Has been forever. That's nothing new. Inflation is back to historic normal range

Why are you so blindly partisan? Even @TheOriginalHappyGoat recognizes prices are what people care about
Mark's not the blind one here. The economy is getting better. Wages are rising faster than prices. It will probably continue to get better no matter who wins.

I just don't think it's happening fast enough to save the Dems this election cycle.

Reactions: UncleMark
For what's it's worth, I read the other day and heard on a podcast that Trump's economic policies are more likely to worsen inflation and negatively impact the lower and middle class.

I'm open to any thoughts that would say otherwise. I haven't read the full text of Project 2025 though.

If you think the economy has been worse the last four years than it was from 2009-2013 you need a lobotomy.

Hell the economy was worse from 2001-2003 than it has been during this period. Also the early 90s.
No. You’re just focusing too much on GDP. You can do that by printing money and allowing 10-15 million people into the country. I’m more concerned with inflation, prices, real wage growth, housing affordability, and deficits.

Yep. Parking lot at our school full of new Range Rovers. Initiation fees at the country clubs through the roof. Lots of people doing really well.

No. You’re just focusing too much on GDP. You can do that by printing money and allowing 10-15 million people into the country. I’m more concerned with inflation, prices, real wage growth, housing affordability, and deficits.

I'm not looking at GDP at all, I'm focusing on unemployment rates. Were you even paying attention to what the was going on in the economy post 2008?

Reactions: UncleMark
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT