ADVERTISEMENT

Indigo Girls

Mark Milton

All-American
Sep 18, 2001
@mcmurtry66

Looks like these girls spent more than "four years prostrate to the higher mind", that is for sure.

21ecfca0-3a99-11ed-b7ef-f7faed40a491

• Haha
Reactions: Hoopsdoc1978
Not gonna lie…I’m a fan.

My wife has long been an Indigo Girls fan and we’ve gone to see them in concert twice. It’s kind of an interesting experience to be at a place where you’re a minority. I’d guess that no more than 10% of the audience at these shows were heterosexual.

No biggie - we never felt awkward or anything. But, man, those two ladies can play and sing.

Not gonna lie…I’m a fan.

My wife has long been an Indigo Girls fan and we’ve gone to see them in concert twice. It’s kind of an interesting experience to be at a place where you’re a minority. I’d guess that no more than 10% of the audience at these shows were heterosexual.

No biggie - we never felt awkward or anything. But, man, those two ladies can play and sing.
Damn straight. That one cd in the early 90s was 🔥🔥

Reactions: crazed_hoosier2
Not gonna lie…I’m a fan.

3GbpXG.gif

Hey I haven’t got to watch the national team yet. You see anything different? Better? They lost last night
I didn't watch it--the missus and I are trying to plow through the Black List--my buddy was texting me--we sent the B team to play, but he said they weren't terrible and they switched to a 4-3-2-1 with Aaronson and Tillman as the CAMs. Sargent up top who struggled apparently.

Reactions: mcmurtry66
I didn't watch it--the missus and I are trying to plow through the Black List--my buddy was texting me--we sent the B team to play, but he said they weren't terrible and they switched to a 4-3-2-1 with Aaronson and Tillman as the CAMs. Sargent up top who struggled apparently.
👍. Sucks re Sargent. He’s a local Scott Gallagher alum

Not gonna lie…I’m a fan.

Music is what it is--people have different tastes. I'm just surprised that a man with a baby arm holding an apple has a softer side 😂 😂

Excluding seeing the Stone Roses in Toronto and watching Johnny Marr when he came to Detroit, my two favorite concerts were World Party and 10,000 maniacs in Cleveland (both World Party and 10,000 maniacs were amazing), and Duran Duran about 20 years ago.

The worse concert was Eddie Money in 1994. Voice was shot, he didn't give a crap and just barely played.

I know he is. He's a year older than my oldest and they played against each other at the Academy--U14 Academy many years ago. He was dominant back then.
Yeah he skipped all of it. Left Gallagher for a year at img then went straight to Germany.

Do your boys still play?

Yeah he skipped all of it. Left Gallagher for a year at img then went straight to Germany.

Do your boys still play?
His U14 year was his last and only played the fall.

Yup, they still play--this is the last season for Kid 1. Kind of weird--he's been dinged up since fall with a groin that just won't heal right and not the way the way he wants to go out, but such is life.

Reactions: mcmurtry66
Music is what it is--people have different tastes. I'm just surprised that a man with a baby arm holding an apple has a softer side 😂 😂

Excluding seeing the Stone Roses in Toronto and watching Johnny Marr when he came to Detroit, my two favorite concerts were World Party and 10,000 maniacs in Cleveland (both World Party and 10,000 maniacs were amazing), and Duran Duran about 20 years ago.

The worse concert was Eddie Money in 1994. Voice was shot, he didn't give a crap and just barely played.
The concert that was probably the most emotionally moving was Paul McCartney. I’ve seen him twice - the first time back in the early 90s (his voice was still really good at the time…not so much anymore). Seeing a Beatle singing so many of his classics (he also sang “Something” as a tribute to George in the 2nd show…not long after George had passed away) was almost a religious experience for me.

But the best concert I’ve ever seen was Billy Joel and Elton John. I saw that one 4 different times. And talk about 1+1=3. They were soooo good together and were clearly having a blast doing it - all the little piano jam contests, doing Great Balls of Fire in the last set, singing each other’s songs. It was just awesome.

His U14 year was his last and only played the fall.

Yup, they still play--this is the last season for Kid 1. Kind of weird--he's been dinged up since fall with a groin that just won't heal right and not the way the way he wants to go out, but such is life.
Ugh. Groin you think is good to go and it tricks ya

@mcmurtry66

Looks like these girls spent more than "four years prostrate to the higher mind", that is for sure.

21ecfca0-3a99-11ed-b7ef-f7faed40a491
The only thing I'll say about this post is when i was a freshman in college (think Fall of 1992).... There were two dudes that would sit on the steps of the dorm and play acoustic guitar and sing. They began to amass a crowd of young ladies (that's the point, right) and it annoyed the shit out of some of my friends and me because it was cheeseball central. I dubbed them "The Indigo Guys" and it stuck....so much so that they hated me and everything i stood for. I was kinda like Bluto from Animal House to their "I gave my love a cherry...." to them. :)

All that being said, the Indigo Girls are cool, just not my bag...I saw them open up for REM in the late 80's (Throwing Muses was the other warm up and they were pretty damn good) and they are very good. But, like most things, by the time i entered adulthood, they had become a "brand" that i just wasn't down with.

Reactions: Mark Milton
Not gonna lie…I’m a fan.

I mentioned before I went to see them with my college girlfriend. I remember thinking me and the handful of guys I could see around me were probably there for similar reasons.

I’m pretty sure we all had an unspoken agreement that we were pilgrims in an unfamiliar land and that if for any reason things turned south we all knew we’d have to work together to make it out of there.

• Haha
Reactions: crazed_hoosier2
The only thing I'll say about this post is when i was a freshman in college (think Fall of 1992).... There were two dudes that would sit on the steps of the dorm and play acoustic guitar and sing. They began to amass a crowd of young ladies (that's the point, right) and it annoyed the shit out of some of my friends and me because it was cheeseball central. I dubbed them "The Indigo Guys" and it stuck....so much so that they hated me and everything i stood for. I was kinda like Bluto from Animal House to their "I gave my love a cherry...." to them. :)

All that being said, the Indigo Girls are cool, just not my bag...I saw them open up for REM in the late 80's (Throwing Muses was the other warm up and they were pretty damn good) and they are very good. But, like most things, by the time i entered adulthood, they had become a "brand" that i just wasn't down with.
I saw 10,000 maniacs with rem around that time

There were two dudes that would sit on the steps of the dorm and play acoustic guitar and sing. They began to amass a crowd of young ladies (that's the point, right) and it annoyed the shit out of some of my friends and me because it was cheeseball central.

I suspect that this is not actually the reason it annoyed your friends. But it probably made them feel better and look better to their peers to say it was the reason why.

Guys are fiercely competitive and jealous when it comes to landing chicks. And I think it’s common for guys to be resentful of other guys who can, for instance, “amass a crowd of young ladies” with their guitars when you can’t play the guitar.

🤣🤣🤣. I liked early dave matthews (F off haters) and my buddy went and saw them with his wife not long ago and he said the most depressing part of all of it was the crowd. Ageddddddd
I recently watched the Foo Fighters on an Austin City Limits taping. Decent set. Not their best but decent. At One point the camera panned through the audience. I chuckled and said to my wife "bunch of middle aged nerds swaying around". She just side eyed me. Didn't have to say a word for me to realize... I was immediately quiet and sad.

I recently watched the Foo Fighters on an Austin City Limits taping. Decent set. Not their best but decent. At One point the camera panned through the audience. I chuckled and said to my wife "bunch of middle aged nerds swaying around". She just side eyed me. Didn't have to say a word for me to realize... I was immediately quiet and sad.
The worst is with my ex stoker and daughter. All of my old soccer playing pics are actual pictures.

Hmmm nothing on your phone

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT