ADVERTISEMENT

Indiana's Latest FB commitment:

The real story is that the coaching staff is holding the last ‘25 ‘scolly’ open for ‘this kid’ …

Which means They’ll be scouting juniors for the ‘26 Class this fall

How many scholarships do we have left?

Looked to me (just by the reported offers, visits, and reciprocal interest out there) like we might pick up a full 25 guys in the class of "25"..., or perhaps even one or two more...

I'm guessing we attempt to pick up another DE, a DT, perhaps one more WR and a QB...

Now that is just a pure guess... I haven't even checked the roster for the future open scholarship count, so I could be way off...

Reactions: vesuvius13
How many scholarships do we have left?

Looked to me (just by the reported offers, visits, and reciprocal interest out there) like we might pick up a full 25 guys in the class of "25"..., or perhaps even one or two more...

I'm guessing we attempt to pick up another DE, a DT, perhaps one more WR and a QB...

Now that is just a pure guess... I haven't even checked the roster for the future open scholarship count, so I could be way off...
The quote below … with the NCAA limit of 85 … 21 for any given year … seems about normal … even before the big portal classes of late.

Nelson, a 6’2” and 205-pound prospect, publicly committed right around the same time as offensive line commit Baylor Wilkin. Those two players bring IU’s 2025 class to 20 prospects in total. The Hoosiers are likely only pursuing one more high school player: quarterback Julian “JuJu” Lewis, a five-star prospect that is considering IU along with Auburn, Colorado and USC.

http://hoosierhuddle.com/hoosier-blog/iu-flips-ohio-linebacker-paul-nelson-from-cincinnati/2024/7/9

Last edited:
The quote below … with the NCAA limit of 85 … 21 for any given year … seems about normal … even before the big portal classes of late.

Nelson, a 6’2” and 205-pound prospect, publicly committed right around the same time as offensive line commit Baylor Wilkin. Those two players bring IU’s 2025 class to 20 prospects in total. The Hoosiers are likely only pursuing one more high school player: quarterback Julian “JuJu” Lewis, a five-star prospect that is considering IU along with Auburn, Colorado and USC.

http://hoosierhuddle.com/hoosier-blog/iu-flips-ohio-linebacker-paul-nelson-from-cincinnati/2024/7/9
Used to be the class limit was 25 but I thought they waived that and the only real limit now was the 85 scholarships on the first day of Fall practice... Could be wrong though...

I'll try to shake myself from my malaise and google it at some point... Have had a bunch of irons in the fire lately but a man has to keep his priorities straight so I'll attempt to get back on top of things soon...😉😎🍺

//\\Update//\\
Just read something from a relatively unknown source (to me anyway), Heartland College Sports, that mentioned a 32 man class limit with a hard 85 maximum at the start of Fall practice... Sounds right... Haven't seen anything official yet though, maybe I'll find it over the weekend...

Last edited:
O

Used to be the class limit was 25 but I thought they waived that and the only real limit now was the 85 scholarships on the first day of Fall practice... Could be wrong though...

I'll try to shake myself from my malaise and google it at some point... Have had a bunch of irons in the fire lately but a man has to keep his priorities straight so I'll attempt to get back on top of things soon...😉😎🍺

//\\Update//\\
Just read something from a relatively unknown source (to me anyway), Heartland College Sports, that mentioned a 32 man class limit with a hard 85 maximum at the start of Fall practice... Sounds right... Haven't seen anything official yet though, maybe I'll find it over the weekend...

Yes, the answer used to be 25.

The NCAA gave some relief last year, allowing teams to sign up to a maximum of 32 players in the Class of 2022 as long as seven players had transferred out of that program. But last week, the NCAA changed the math again — at least temporarily, simplifying Embleton’s job as executive director of personnel and recruiting. For the 2022-23 and 2023-24 academic years, the NCAA lifted the scholarship limits on classes and simply is allowing schools to sign as many players as it needs to reach the annual 85-scholarship limit.

https://247sports.com/college/illin...ton-85-man-scholarship-class-limit-187915667/

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT