ADVERTISEMENT

Indiana @ Purdue Predictions

Go reread posts #44, #50, and #64. If you still don't understand, then you should just give up. You keep asking the same things but with a twist each time that don't change anything. You are truly embarrassing.

Oh, and to answer about other schools doing the same type of hiring is like comparing apples to oranges. I don't know what the other schools' story of how or why they hired coordinators, but I'm sure they were at least groomed beforehand and not thrown into the fire to get there.
It doesn’t seem possible, but you seem like a less intelligent 13th reincarnation of Ord/Ewerz/Helen/Lucy , and since you just joined on 11/17 with 35 posts, hmmm.
I understand very clearly, we hired a proven defensive coordinator with very strong ties to our state, and a seemingly strong leader of men. Will that translate to a successful HC ? I have no idea, but neither do you or anyone else. To say our AD doesn’t care about winning as a result is just dumb. Minnesota had a national search, hired a HC and went from 9 wins to 5, also losing to PU. So as you can see, no matter who you hire there are no guarantees how it will turn out. Fleck may end up doing quite well at UM, as might Allen at IU, but no one knows those answers YET. That is the point you continue to ignore, just because we went from 6 to 5 wins in year 1 proves nothing either way. For some reason many seem to be treating CTA’s tenure as a continuation of CKW’s, it isn’t, nor is it fair to treat it as such. CTA needs to be given time to recruit and develop players before a reasonable assessment can be made.
Please explain why other schools hiring a coordinator is “apples to oranges”, and how exactly guys like Lincoln Riley were “groomed” for their position moreso than CTA. Riley is 34 years old, never a head coach, OC at ECU and 2 years OC at OU, yet OU felt comfortable hiring him as HC.

Reactions: 76-1 and IU Scott
It doesn’t seem possible, but you seem like a less intelligent 13th reincarnation of Ord/Ewerz/Helen/Lucy , and since you just joined on 11/17 with 35 posts, hmmm.
I understand very clearly, we hired a proven defensive coordinator with very strong ties to our state, and a seemingly strong leader of men. Will that translate to a successful HC ? I have no idea, but neither do you or anyone else. To say our AD doesn’t care about winning as a result is just dumb. Minnesota had a national search, hired a HC and went from 9 wins to 5, also losing to PU. So as you can see, no matter who you hire there are no guarantees how it will turn out. Fleck may end up doing quite well at UM, as might Allen at IU, but no one knows those answers YET. That is the point you continue to ignore, just because we went from 6 to 5 wins in year 1 proves nothing either way. For some reason many seem to be treating CTA’s tenure as a continuation of CKW’s, it isn’t, nor is it fair to treat it as such. CTA needs to be given time to recruit and develop players before a reasonable assessment can be made.
Please explain why other schools hiring a coordinator is “apples to oranges”, and how exactly guys like Lincoln Riley were “groomed” for their position moreso than CTA. Riley is 34 years old, never a head coach, OC at ECU and 2 years OC at OU, yet OU felt comfortable hiring him as HC.
In fairness to Fleck, it was year zero in Minnesota.

Your whole rebuttal is based on your slanted version of a statement I had made. And it is basically misquoted to fit your cross examination. You, and the other poster, keep going off on tangents in here that don't support anything but smoke and mirrors, instead of the meaning and reasoning it was meant for in another thread. Which was a recruiting issue and nothing else.
As I've already stated, it was a bad MOVE to make such a hasty hiring. Whether it works out or not is irrelevant. There isn't any reason I can think of, why IU would not want to try to upgrade, even if nothing comes of it. It basically shows due diligence was not applied. There is no other way to put it. The other schools doing the same thing, does not apply to the application of my statement for the use of which it was intended. Comparing a powerhouse Oklahoma and IU in a similar situation is ludicrous.

Last edited:
Reactions: bang63
Your whole rebuttal is based on your slanted version of a statement I had made. And it is basically misquoted to fit your cross examination. You, and the other poster, keep going off on tangents in here that don't support anything but smoke and mirrors, instead of the meaning and reasoning it was meant for in another thread. Which was a recruiting issue and nothing else.
As I've already stated, it was a bad MOVE to make such a hasty hiring. Whether it works out or not is irrelevant. There isn't any reason I can think of, why IU would not want to try to upgrade, even if nothing comes of it. It basically shows due diligence was not applied. There is no other way to put it. The other schools doing the same thing, does not apply to the application of my statement for the use of which it was intended. Comparing a powerhouse Oklahoma and IU in a similar situation is ludicrous.
The only one here on a tangent is you, I have only used your own statements . As I said previously , saying it was a bad move is YOUR OPINION, quit acting like it is a fact, it isn’t. You can’t be serious when you say, “whether it works out or not is irrelevant”, if you believe that then I rest my case. That tells everyone you just want to bitch and your arguments reallly have nothing to do with the best interests of IU football.
Not sure why comparing a “powerhouse” like OU is irrelevant, please explain. Seems to me a powerhouse would be more apt to follow your thought process because they have the ability to hire more experienced, bigger name coaches than IU. Yet they chose to hire a guy with little experience, from within, obviously because they felt he was the right man for the job. If you don’t like that example, how about Pat Fitzgerald ? He was hired by Northwestern with no HC or coordinator experience only a few years as a LB coach. He proceeded to go 4-8, 6-6 then 9-3.
The rest is history and I’ll take what they have any day.

Reactions: 76-1
The only one here on a tangent is you, I have only used your own statements . As I said previously , saying it was a bad move is YOUR OPINION, quit acting like it is a fact, it isn’t. You can’t be serious when you say, “whether it works out or not is irrelevant”, if you believe that then I rest my case. That tells everyone you just want to bitch and your arguments reallly have nothing to do with the best interests of IU football.
Not sure why comparing a “powerhouse” like OU is irrelevant, please explain. Seems to me a powerhouse would be more apt to follow your thought process because they have the ability to hire more experienced, bigger name coaches than IU. Yet they chose to hire a guy with little experience, from within, obviously because they felt he was the right man for the job. If you don’t like that example, how about Pat Fitzgerald ? He was hired by Northwestern with no HC or coordinator experience only a few years as a LB coach. He proceeded to go 4-8, 6-6 then 9-3.
The rest is history and I’ll take what they have any day.
You are using up a false accusation to create your own narrative. In your own warped mind, you keep suggesting I had said Glass doesn't want to win, which is false. To further your agenda, you keep going off topic and not staying within the parameter and context for who and what it was for.

Once again, it doesn't matter what the past is, or other schools have done regarding hiring from within. The subject of why IU is having trouble recruiting a top qb, is the main discussion that you conveniently forget. Every time. You are digging yourself a hole, so you might want to connect the dots before you keep looking foolish.

It doesn't seem possible, but you're arguing that a horribly flawed process conducted by an inexperienced AD with a very spotty record of hiring and managing coaches would nonetheless produce a great result. You and a number of others here predicted a program making "Breakthrough!", and you miss badly. Probably a good time to zip it up for awhile.

You are using up a false accusation to create your own narrative. In your own warped mind, you keep suggesting I had said Glass doesn't want to win, which is false. To further your agenda, you keep going off topic and not staying within the parameter and context for who and what it was for.

Once again, it doesn't matter what the past is, or other schools have done regarding hiring from within. The subject of why IU is having trouble recruiting a top qb, is the main discussion that you conveniently forget. Every time. You are digging yourself a hole, so you might want to connect the dots before you keep looking foolish.
“It’s because we have a not so good AD, who only hires coordinators as head coaches around here. And winning doesn’t seem to matter too much for reasons unknown.”
Those are your exact words please show me the “false accusation” and “narrative”. To the contrary, I have been on topic from the beginning , but must admit your wild flailings are hard to follow. What is apparent ,you truly are the 13th reincarnation of Ord, same pathetic attempts at putting together a cohesive argument, same butchering of the English language and the same feeble insults. Sad.

“It’s because we have a not so good AD, who only hires coordinators as head coaches around here. And winning doesn’t seem to matter too much for reasons unknown.”
Those are your exact words please show me the “false accusation” and “narrative”. To the contrary, I have been on topic from the beginning , but must admit your wild flailings are hard to follow. What is apparent ,you truly are the 13th reincarnation of Ord, same pathetic attempts at putting together a cohesive argument, same butchering of the English language and the same feeble insults. Sad.
It doesn't say Glass doesn't want to win though, does it? That is where you are creating a false narrative that doesn't exist. The second sentence represents a perception of the state of affairs of the whole program. Not just mine. Other IU fans, other fans, future recruits, etc. The whole process, or lack thereof, in getting the current coach in here is a major FUNDAMENTAL FLAW that cannot be ignored. The lack of effort displays a settling for convenience, instead of seeking to get better. Imagine if this was done the same way for basketball. What would your outlook be?

You do understand that those two posters are the same person...right? Engage him in a Shakespeare discussion if you want a good laugh.

Reactions: JohnsyRick
It doesn't say Glass doesn't want to win though, does it? That is where you are creating a false narrative that doesn't exist. The second sentence represents a perception of the state of affairs of the whole program. Not just mine. Other IU fans, other fans, future recruits, etc. The whole process, or lack thereof, in getting the current coach in here is a major FUNDAMENTAL FLAW that cannot be ignored. The lack of effort displays a settling for convenience, instead of seeking to get better. Imagine if this was done the same way for basketball. What would your outlook be?
Well, I disagree, when you make a negative comment about the AD and directly follow that with “winning doesn’t matter much “ it is clearly a reference to the AD. Now you are trying to walk that comment back and say it’s a “perception” of the program ? By whom ? And who would you say is responsible for said perception? Wouldn’t that be the AD ?
You cannot call the process a “major fundamental flaw” when you don’t have any idea what the process was, do you know how long FG had planned to get rid of CKW ? Do you know if he put out any feelers to gauge interest of any other coaches? Do you know if he was evaluating CTA’s ability to lead the program for quite some time ?
Furthermore, you cannot ignore other programs who do virtually the same things (I’ve presented just a couple examples) and say they don’t apply to us, IU is somehow “different”, that is ignoring facts. Hiring from within is not a new concept, if you have a person that you feel will do a great job. It reduces turmoil in the current team along with current and future recruiting classes.

You do understand that those two posters are the same person...right? Engage him in a Shakespeare discussion if you want a good laugh.
Yes, I figured that out a while ago, Lucy is on ignore, time for this reincarnation to also go on ignore. It is kind of fun to watch him/her try to contain the inner “Ord”, but the same phrases in the limited vocabulary always slip out .

Well, I disagree, when you make a negative comment about the AD and directly follow that with “winning doesn’t matter much “ it is clearly a reference to the AD. Now you are trying to walk that comment back and say it’s a “perception” of the program ? By whom ? And who would you say is responsible for said perception? Wouldn’t that be the AD ?
You cannot call the process a “major fundamental flaw” when you don’t have any idea what the process was, do you know how long FG had planned to get rid of CKW ? Do you know if he put out any feelers to gauge interest of any other coaches? Do you know if he was evaluating CTA’s ability to lead the program for quite some time ?
Furthermore, you cannot ignore other programs who do virtually the same things (I’ve presented just a couple examples) and say they don’t apply to us, IU is somehow “different”, that is ignoring facts. Hiring from within is not a new concept, if you have a person that you feel will do a great job. It reduces turmoil in the current team along with current and future recruiting classes.
Your interpretation on everything was off. I kept telling you. I had to walk you through it. But for whatever reason you still fail to see a few key points. The shotgun hiring was reckless. And it is utterly disgusting that people like you don't have a problem with how it went down. No effort in trying any other avenues possible, is beyond comprehension.

Now, let me try this one last time. What does other schools decisions on hiring within, have anything to do with IU's struggle to obtain a top qb next season? There's no connection at all. You've really got to get a grip on this reality. I really wish you could create your own self-destructing thread on this insane comparison. You would get crucified. It would be a roasting you would never forget.

Your interpretation on everything was off. I kept telling you. I had to walk you through it. But for whatever reason you still fail to see a few key points. The shotgun hiring was reckless. And it is utterly disgusting that people like you don't have a problem with how it went down. No effort in trying any other avenues possible, is beyond comprehension.

Now, let me try this one last time. What does other schools decisions on hiring within, have anything to do with IU's struggle to obtain a top qb next season? There's no connection at all. You've really got to get a grip on this reality. I really wish you could create your own self-destructing thread on this insane comparison. You would get crucified. It would be a roasting you would never forget.
Yea right Ord the 13th, on to ignore status with the latest reincarnation, you are truly one sad individual.

Yea right Ord the 13th, on to ignore status with the latest reincarnation, you are truly one sad individual.
It's bad enough you aren't willing to admit you got taken to the woodshed. But I will not allow you, or anyone else proclaim false and egregious libel. I am not anyone you have mentioned. I am me. I don't even know who most of them are. You have been inaccurate on everything you stated about me. Time for you to wave the white flag and call it day.

It's bad enough you aren't willing to admit you got taken to the woodshed. But I will not allow you, or anyone else proclaim false and egregious libel. I am not anyone you have mentioned. I am me. I don't even know who most of them are. You have been inaccurate on everything you stated about me. Time for you to wave the white flag and call it day.

abcd0a532030d6b0a8eaf7c3ba77c9db--i-am-me-quotes-quotes-about.jpg

As you have given this advice to me in the past, just put this truly pathetic individual(s) and ALL his/her reincarnations on ignore, I have.
That's a wise move given how badly you and a few others forecast this past season. Your abject embarrassment at being so far off the mark is understandable.

It doesn't bother me where that person gets their cash. But we both know I won't lose the wager anyway. More than likely he/she will back out of it, much less pay the piper.
Court has been posting under several aliases here, so be prepared forhim to come at you under a different name. He and some other posters here missed badly in their assessments of this past season and, rather than slip away with their humbled tails between their legs, they're here lecturing and offering excuses as to why the moronic process undertaken by Glass didn't produce the magical result they were sure it would. Funny and sad, all at once.

As you have given this advice to me in the past, just put this truly pathetic individual(s) and ALL his/her reincarnations on ignore, I have.

I will, just fun to toy with these clowns. I should be nice considering he lets mr live rent free in his head.

Court has been posting under several aliases here, so be prepared forhim to come at you under a different name. He and some other posters here missed badly in their assessments of this past season and, rather than slip away with their humbled tails between their legs, they're here lecturing and offering excuses as to why the moronic process undertaken by Glass didn't produce the magical result they were sure it would. Funny and sad, all at once.

Stalk- o-meter 7

Oh I know. It's an embarrassment. Seems like when all else fails, they cry wolf and retort to reverse ghosting. Truly pathetic.

Let me ask you this: are you at least willing to root for Allen to succeed since he is our coach?

You didn't like the process or the choice. Fine. Do you want to see him succeed or fail miserably?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT