ADVERTISEMENT

Impact transfer.

Ha. eTuff guy. Here’s literally the first thing I posted: “Didn’t APR issues handcuff this staff up until this year? Also - McKinley Wright would’ve been on today’s roster if the administration allowed it.” Two separate items.

Next, I never used the word “cut bait” as you quoted.

Finally, which remains true, he could’ve used Cliftons spot for McKinley. He simply could’ve told Clifton he didn’t see him in their plans and given the spot to McKinley. Which leads to one of the two points of my post - he couldn’t do that.

What else you got?

Well Liar, you're right about the "cut bait" comment. That was the other moron.

Here's what you said at 12:59: "The APR issues are well documented. Because of the commitments, Archie had to honor them-regardless if he thought the player wasn't any good."

At 1:09 you said: "He also could have told Clifton Moore that it wouldn't have been in his best interest to stay committed, but he couldn't".

At this point I called BS and informed you that Durham and Moore had both FORMALLY ASKED FOR THEIR RELEASE, and that Archie had to spend his time & energy re-recruiting them if he wanted them. If he didn't want them, all they had to do was grant their requests, and no one would have given a shit. And that if you look at the stories at that time, he spent considerable time and effort re-recruiting them anyway. And that on or about the same time that Wright had formally asked for his release from Dayton, making him available to come to IU.

You responded by linking a story about IU's APR issues. I then pointed out that IU's APR issues didn't have a GD thing to do with Durham, Moore, or Wright because APR has to do only with enrolled students and their retention only, and none of them were enrolled students. Other posters told you the same thing, so now you're trying to weasel out on your original statements.

Only after this you started babbling about transfers, which, again, don't have a GD thing to do with what we were talking about. Then another poster asks you to specifically state who wouldn't allow Wright at IU, and you said "Indiana University".

Reactions: Radio Zero
You can live with a high TO% when you play alongside some of the most efficient players in college basketball (Livers and Dickinson). IU doesn’t have a Livers or Dickinson, let alone one, and the last thing IU needs is an inefficient PG with a high TO%. God knows we see 10 minutes of it every time Lander comes in.

Can you prove you actually coached somewhere?

• Haha
Reactions: Cavanagh.13

Here's what you said at 12:59: "The APR issues are well documented. Because of the commitments, Archie had to honor them-regardless if he thought the player wasn't any good."

At 1:09 you said: "He also could have told Clifton Moore that it wouldn't have been in his best interest to stay committed, but he couldn't".

At this point I called BS and informed you that Durham and Moore had both FORMALLY ASKED FOR THEIR RELEASE, and that Archie had to spend his time & energy re-recruiting them if he wanted them. If he didn't want them, all they had to do was grant their requests, and no one would have given a shit. And that if you look at the stories at that time, he spent considerable time and effort re-recruiting them anyway. And that on or about the same time that Wright had formally asked for his release from Dayton, making him available to come to IU.

You responded by linking a story about IU's APR issues. I then pointed out that IU's APR issues didn't have a GD thing to do with Durham, Moore, or Wright because APR has to do only with enrolled students and their retention only, and none of them were enrolled students. Other posters told you the same thing, so now you're trying to weasel out on your original statements.

Only after this you started babbling about transfers, which, again, don't have a GD thing to do with what we were talking about. Then another poster asks you to specifically state who wouldn't allow Wright at IU, and you said "Indiana University".
Geez claimed that IU forced Miller to recruit each of them, as well, and that it was an “industry standard” to recruit them, even after both had asked for their release. The Miller enablers will do anything to excuse his performance, obviously.

Geez claimed that IU forced Miller to recruit each of them, as well, and that it was an “industry standard” to recruit them, even after both had asked for their release. The Miller enablers will do anything to excuse his performance, obviously.

Never said that. Once. Said it’s customary for new coaches to recruit previous commits. Not once said IU forced Archie to do anything.

Never said that. Once. Said it’s customary for new coaches to recruit previous commits. Not once said IU forced Archie to do anything.
Sure you did, and you claimed it was an “industry standard” to recruit kids who had asked out of their LOI, even if the new coach didn’t want them. Stop backpedaling.

He. Turns. The. Ball. Over. At. A. 24%. Ratio.

In BT play, he's averaging 6.9 assists and 3.3 TOs per every 40 minutes. Also, 3.8 rebounds. His OE # is 111 v. 91 for Rob.

Rob is at 4.4 and 2.2 per 40M, with 3.0 rebounds in BT play. And shooting 65% on FTs v. 71% for Smith. Then there is Smith's enthusiasm v. Rob's malaise.

Did you see the OSU-Michigan game yesterday? And the IU-MSU game the other night?

Sure you did, and you claimed it was an “industry standard” to recruit kids who had asked out of their LOI, even if the new coach didn’t want them. Stop backpedaling.

I did it say it was customary to re-recruit kids under the previous regime. It is. But never said IU forced Archie to do it. You’re making that up per usual.

I did it say it was customary to re-recruit kids under the previous regime. It is. But never said IU forced Archie to do it. You’re making that up per usual.
Nope, you claimed it was “industry standard” that the new coach was to re-recruit kids who had asked out of their LOIs. And that he was required to do it. If not IU, who? That was either a fabrication or hopelessly naive. Or both. Either way, it was yet another weak attempt to excuse Miller’s performance, something you’ve consistently defended in spite of the results.

A) The APR issues are well documented. It 100% impacted which grad transfers they could accept.

B) Yes. All things being equal, if Archie’s hands weren’t tied, he easily could’ve told Moore hes not going to cut it at IU. But Archie could not fill his spot with McKinley. Read that again - Archie Miller could not bring McKinley Wright to IU under any circumstance. Hence why he re-recruited Moore and Durham - he had no other options.

C) you still are missing or ignoring my first message, so I’ll try to spell it out a 5th time for you:
APR issues = Transfer issues
IU issues = McKinley issues

D) I’ve said they same thing 100 times. Call me a liar, weasel all you want. It’s the truth. If it doesn’t fit your narrative, I’m really sorry and feel bad for you man. These are two simple facts. Archie wanted Wright here. He couldn’t. And APR issues that Archie inherited caused transfer issues.

A) The APR issues are well documented. It 100% impacted which grad transfers they could accept.

B) Yes. All things being equal, if Archie’s hands weren’t tied, he easily could’ve told Moore hes not going to cut it at IU. But Archie could not fill his spot with McKinley. Read that again - Archie Miller could not bring McKinley Wright to IU under any circumstance. Hence why he re-recruited Moore and Durham - he had no other options.

C) you still are missing or ignoring my first message, so I’ll try to spell it out a 5th time for you:

D) I’ve said they same thing 100 times. Call me a liar, weasel all you want. It’s the truth. If it doesn’t fit your narrative, I’m really sorry and feel bad for you man. These are two simple facts. Archie wanted Wright here. He couldn’t. And APR issues that Archie inherited caused transfer issues.
If they’re well documented, please provide links for each. Shouldn’t be difficult. Not speculation, please. Verifiable fact. That’s.

Nope, you claimed it was “industry standard” that the new coach was to re-recruit kids who had asked out of their LOIs. And that he was required to do it. If not IU, who? That was either a fabrication or hopelessly naive. Or both. Either way, it was yet another weak attempt to excuse Miller’s performance, something you’ve consistently defended in spite of the results.
Add to that, if our APR was so f'd beforehand that we needed to do that. They might as well be wearing helmets

OK liar and weasel. Take it up with Indiana University. It's who gave you your story.

I'm still interested in what game you're playing. Are you related to CAM? A Boiler troll? You're pretty new around here. Interesting that you'd come by and start lying.

Wow so angry.

I think Coach Miller made a mistake in not having another big in last years class. I think he certainly needs to rectify that with a transfer big. Possibly 2 in fact.

I actually do not blame Coach Miller for our lack of shooting. I certainly would have never thought that Rob and Al would be so inconsistent shooting. Also nobody could have predicted Hunter’s injury. And there is no way I would have thought that both Lander and Galloway would both shoot less than 30% with almost all of their shots coming on wide open 3s. I think Coach Miller has tried to fill that hole over and over again.

Maybe Parker helps next year. Fingers crossed Lander’s shooting is not a 4 year problem.

Long story short, we need to be looking for bigs and shooters hard.

OK liar and weasel. Take it up with Indiana University. It's who gave you your story.

I'm still interested in what game you're playing. Are you related to CAM? A Boiler troll? You're pretty new around here. Interesting that you'd come by and start lying.

Ok. Whatever you want to believe bud. I’ve read this board since it started - just didn’t post a ton.

The point was and is that a post season ban wouldn’t have mattered to us. We weren’t going to be a tournament team anyway.

Don't for a second think that the administration at Indiana would ever let the basketball team receive a postseason ban for their apr score, whether anyone thinks we were gonna make the tournament or not. The optics on that would be horrid, which nobody in the administration want to deal with.

Don't for a second think that the administration at Indiana would ever let the basketball team receive a postseason ban for their apr score, whether anyone thinks we were gonna make the tournament or not. The optics on that would be horrid, which nobody in the administration want to deal with.
The optics were already known and, according to some, what froze us in place. Not sure they were going to be any worse since we weren’t getting into the tournament anyway. In fact, IU could’ve and should’ve taken a higher road by addressing APR full on by saying it was one of reasons (among many) that a change had been made. I don’t buy for a second that we didn’t want a PR issue, so we did nothing. If what you‘re saying is accurate, few coaches with options (and Miller definitely had options) would’ve accepted the IU job under those circumstances. It was a recipe for struggling, as we’ve unquestionably seen.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT