ADVERTISEMENT

Impact transfer.

Yes....but at the time there were comments about Miller really liking Wright and really liking Henry. And we ended up with Durham & Anderson. It seemed at the time that we were getting the short end of the stick, but we assumed then that he knew what he was doing.

He also really liked Anderson (along with a host of power five coaches that had offered him out of high school).

Anderson was known as someone that could shoot the ball, which he did really well during the AAU season. Archie thought we needed another shooter. That's why he offered Anderson. It just didn't work out, which happens sometimes.

Ummmm, Purdue did offer. He said he almost committed when he visited there, but held off in a story done by the Michigan site because Michigan had also offered and he wanted to check them out.

That was denied on the Purdue board and 247 does not show an offer, although Rivals does. I don't believe Damezi on that point.

You're a liar concerning Wright, as has been documented on this thread. And I'll say it every time you repeat the lie.

As for transfers, that's been frequently said, again with no source. If you have a source for that claim, let us know who it is, or at least his/her position. Otherwise, I will assume you're lying again.
Good for you. I’m not lying, but believe what you want man.

I don't think I quoted you, I quoted Pledge. He was quite a bit off about how that off-season went.

It's weird though. Wright wasn't much different than Durham in high school. Slender three star kids with potential. Wright may not have worked out here the way he has in Colorado, even if he had come here.
Archie wanted Wright at IU. That’s a fact.

He would’ve been IUs best player.

That was denied on the Purdue board and 247 does not show an offer, although Rivals does. I don't believe Damezi on that point.

The Purdue rivals site did a interview with him calling him a priority recruit.

Plus, siting the Purdue board isn't giving you a lot of cred here. They always stop recruiting a kid or never offered a kid just about the time a kid commits to another school.

He had a offer.

I knew who he was. His offer list was a lot better than Al's.

So you were losing sleep back then when Archie kept a 3* recruit under Crean instead of bringing over his 3* recruit from Dayton? I get recruiting rankings really don't amount to squat but let's be real, the vast majority of people bitching about McKinnley Wright didn't know who McKinnley Wright was until this year as its likely most haven't seen Colorado play.

I wouldn't doubt you knew him as you are one the few posters who keep up and start many of the recruiting threads, but to most, its just something to bitch about in hindsight.

Reactions: kkott
So you were losing sleep back then when Archie kept a 3* recruit under Crean instead of bringing over his 3* recruit from Dayton? I get recruiting rankings really don't amount to squat but let's be real, the vast majority of people bitching about McKinnley Wright didn't know who McKinnley Wright was until this year as its likely most haven't seen Colorado play.

I wouldn't doubt you knew him as you are one the few posters who keep up and start many of the recruiting threads, but to most, its just something to bitch about in hindsight.
Exactly right. Frankly, at the time, it seemed to me that Archie didn't want to appear to be poaching kids from his former school, at least that's how it felt. I never saw or heard anything at the time that Archie wanted him to come or that the school wasn't allowing. It really seemed to me he wanted to "do the right thing" by keeping the players that had already been offered and committed to IU and not F his former school. I have no qualms with how those events played out and thought it appeared as thought Archie was taking the high road. There have been many opportunities to address our guard and roster inadequacies since, and I think those are more relevant discussions than Wright. As they say, hindsight is 20/20, but at the time that was my exact thought: sounds like the same type of player we have/had in Durham.

Reactions: IU? I'm Fine

Well, it's not something I've EVER bitched about.

It was something I wondered about, at the time. But I accepted CAM's loyalty to Dayton on that point and assumed we'd get a good pg in the '18 class, so I didn't fret about it. And I certainly wondered at the time why we were screwing around recruiting Durham & Moore, who looked like Crean C List recruits.

The only point I've responded to is the lie that we couldn't have recruited Wright because of the APR. The OP on that point keeps throwing that out. He's a liar, a troll, a moron, or some combination of all 3.

It was something I wondered about, at the time. But I accepted CAM's loyalty to Dayton on that point and assumed we'd get a good pg in the '18 class, so I didn't fret about it. And I certainly wondered at the time why we were screwing around recruiting Durham & Moore, who looked like Crean C List recruits.

The only point I've responded to is the lie that we couldn't have recruited Wright because of the APR. The OP on that point keeps throwing that out. He's a liar, a troll, a moron, or some combination of all 3.

You missed what I said pal. The APR restricted transfers. IU restricted Wright. Two separate items. Neither are lies.

The Purdue rivals site did a interview with him calling him a priority recruit.

Plus, siting the Purdue board isn't giving you a lot of cred here. They always stop recruiting a kid or never offered a kid just about the time a kid commits to another school.

He had a offer.

Yes, looking at the PU site on the day he announced....that's not what they were saying. But I did see that later on, and I frankly don't believe Painter would have been dumb enough to offer Damezi. I could see Painter trying to put him on hold.

And realistically we did get a good PG (at least on paper) in the 2018 class in Rob Phinisee. It was pretty widely accepted that Rob Phinisee was coming to Indiana from very early on and he was going to be the PG of the future. Only in hindsight are we saying IU should have taken Wright. Wonder why Jordan Davis isn’t getting the same energy...oh wait yes I do.

Reactions: IU? I'm Fine
You missed what I said pal. The APR restricted transfers. IU restricted Wright. Two separate items. Neither are lies.

You didn't come up with that 'transfer' crap until later in the thread, liar.

You originally said Archie had no room because of the commitments of Durham & Moore, and because of them CAM would have had to "cut bait" with an upperclassman to add Wright. That was not correct, you were called out on it, and since then you have repeatedly lied rather than admit you didn't know what the F you were talking about.

Reactions: Radio Zero
And realistically we did get a good PG (at least on paper) in the 2018 class in Rob Phinisee. It was pretty widely accepted that Rob Phinisee was coming to Indiana from very early on and he was going to be the PG of the future. Only in hindsight are we saying IU should have taken Wright. Wonder why Jordan Davis isn’t getting the same energy...oh wait yes I do.

I don't think Rob was intended to be the final answer at pg. That's why we tried so hard to recruit Garland the same year. And DJ Carton, Lester Quinones, Anthony Harris, Harlond Beverly and Kira Lewis the next year, all guys who were rated higher than Rob.

Not to say that Rob wasn't highly regarded....in the 100-120 range on Rivals & 247. But certainly not thought to be a stud.

And I grant you that n year 1 that he looked pretty good. But don't call him "the point guard of the future" when CAM was trying like hell to recruit somebody better.

You didn't come up with that 'transfer' crap until later in the thread, liar.

You originally said Archie had no room because of the commitments of Durham & Moore, and because of them CAM would have had to "cut bait" with an upperclassman to add Wright. That was not correct, you were called out on it, and since then you have repeatedly lied rather than admit you didn't know what the F you were talking about.

Ha. eTuff guy. Here’s literally the first thing I posted: “Didn’t APR issues handcuff this staff up until this year? Also - McKinley Wright would’ve been on today’s roster if the administration allowed it.” Two separate items.

Next, I never used the word “cut bait” as you quoted.

Finally, which remains true, he could’ve used Cliftons spot for McKinley. He simply could’ve told Clifton he didn’t see him in their plans and given the spot to McKinley. Which leads to one of the two points of my post - he couldn’t do that.

What else you got?

I don't think Rob was intended to be the final answer at pg. That's why we tried so hard to recruit Garland the same year. And DJ Carton, Lester Quinones, Anthony Harris, Harlond Beverly and Kira Lewis the next year, all guys who were rated higher than Rob.

Not to say that Rob wasn't highly regarded....in the 100-120 range on Rivals & 247. But certainly not thought to be a stud.

And I grant you that n year 1 that he looked pretty good. But don't call him "the point guard of the future" when CAM was trying like hell to recruit somebody better.

Garland and Kira Lewis were top 20 prospects that were going to be one and done’s wherever they went and not long term solutions either. Harris, Quinones, and Beverley are off-guards that were recruited late in the process when Brooks committed elsewhere to address shooting woes. Forgot about Carton, but yes he would have been a solid option.

Garland and Kira Lewis were top 20 prospects that were going to be one and done’s wherever they went and not long term solutions either. Harris, Quinones, and Beverley are off-guards that were recruited late in the process when Brooks committed elsewhere to address shooting woes. Forgot about Carton, but yes he would have been a solid option.

I haven’t watched many Marquette games, but some people are frustrated with Carton. Call him a ball hog. I’ve seen a little of Garcia and he’s awesome.

If they make a change this off-season, wonder if Garcia would consider playing at IU.

Some Marquette fans/boosters want Crean back.

Last edited:
Archie wanted Wright at IU. That’s a fact.

He would’ve been IUs best player.
Then why isn't he at IU? Don't say we didn't have room, because Durham reopened his recruitment. Don't say the APR because that's not it. Don't say he didn't want to run off anyone, because he ran off Gelon.

I doubt he would have been better than Romeo. He would have struggled, at least at first, in the rough and tumble BIG.

He's turned into a good player at Colorado. Who knows what woulda happened here.

Then why isn't he at IU? Don't say we didn't have room, because Durham reopened his recruitment. Don't say the APR because that's not it. Don't say he didn't want to run off anyone, because he ran off Gelon.

I doubt he would have been better than Romeo. He would have struggled, at least at first, in the rough and tumble BIG.

He's turned into a good player at Colorado. Who knows what woulda happened here.

Archie’s hands were tied.

Fact is - Archie wanted him here. Whether you want to believe it or not or say I’m a liar, totally fine. But that is a fact.

I knew who he was, because rumors were rampant that he was coming here after we hired Archie. I was surprised he didn't come. I'm not even bitching.

Can really help in this league. One thing MI has done, and has been extremely understated, is Howard’s ability to land impact transfers.

Chaundee brown and Mike smith would be our starting backcourt. Mike smith would battle trace for PPG, but on MI is the 4th option.

Towns and CJ walker, again huge pieces to OSU.

Fitzner huge fail, brunk god bless him is a failure. Now we get a kid that looks to be exactly what the doctor ordered and he is in street clothes the entire year?

Huge coaching failures.
Jesus Christ dude .. lmao ..

Smith turns it over 1 every 4 possessions the only thing he is doing well is shooting. Even when he was at Columbia and the number 1 option he still didn't come close to TJD's production. He (and the other guards) a byproduct of the Livers, Wagner and Dickinson's talent, and them getting a majority of the defensive attention.

Please quit saying dumb shit.

TIA.

I'm fine with Phinisee at PG so long as he's surrounded by competent talent. Look at CJ Walker at Ohio State. Both Phinisee and CJ Walker are nearly identical offensive players. ~7-8ppg career scorers, 2:1 assist to turnover ratio's. Neither are efficient shooters and both shoot low 30% from 3. Phinisee is a far superior defender than Walker. Really the only difference between Walker and Phinisee is that one guy has Duane Washington and Justice Sueing as backcourt mates and the other Al Durham and sophomore Franklin whose been off and on with a lingering ankle injury. Is anyone going to argue with CJ Walker's offensive issues as the starting PG for the #5 team in the country?

Rob's shooting 65% on FTs in BT play v. 94% for Walker. How many close games does that cost you in the course of a season?

Rob's OE rating in BT play is 91.4 v. 102.7 for Walker. Walker averages 1 1/2 more assists per 40 minutes & gets a few more rebounds. They both have the same # of steals.

And Walker has a normal disposition for a college basketball player, while Rob always looks like his grandmother died the night before the game.

• Haha
Reactions: Cavanagh.13
Jesus Christ dude .. lmao ..

Smith turns it over 1 every 4 possessions the only thing he is doing well is shooting. Even when he was at Columbia and the number 1 option he still didn't come close to TJD's production. He (and the other guards) a byproduct of the Livers, Wagner and Dickinson's talent, and them getting a majority of the defensive attention.

Please quit saying dumb shit.

TIA.

The only thing I said that was remotely dumb is that he would rival TJD for PPG, that was a stretch to prove a point. He for sure would rival Franklin tho, and 100% be our starting PG. He freaking starts for MI, you dont agree?? His assist rate is also at over 28% so while he gives it up a lot he is putting it on Liver Hunter and co as well. Pretty damn good on D as well, better than Rob that is for sure.

Rob has been shit on D this year, what is your take on him? We have been shit on D this year, the conference kenpom numbers are atrocious.

Rob's shooting 65% on FTs in BT play v. 94% for Walker. How many close games does that cost you in the course of a season?

Rob's OE rating in BT play is 91.4 v. 102.7 for Walker. Walker averages 1 1/2 more assists per 40 minutes & gets a few more rebounds. They both have the same # of steals.

And Walker has a normal disposition for a college basketball player, while Rob always looks like his grandmother died the night before the game.

They’re similar players with similar skill sets playing with completely different supporting casts. Their offensive games are nearly identical. One guy has a far and away better supporting cast than the other and it shows. I’m not happy per se with Rob’s play or progression, but he can function as a PG with a competent supporting cast. Rob’s issues as a PG aren’t nearly as magnified if he’s playing alongside Sueing and Washington. It isn’t that way with Walker.

The only thing I said that was remotely dumb is that he would rival TJD for PPG, that was a stretch to prove a point. He for sure would rival Franklin tho, and 100% be our starting PG. He freaking starts for MI, you dont agree?? Pretty damn good on D as well, better than Rob that is for sure.

Rob has been shit on D this year, what is your take on him? We have been shit on D this year, the conference kenpom numbers are atrocious.
Yea, he may be a better shooter than our guards, but who isn't. Still wouldn't start in front of Phinisee, defense isn't great and that TO ratio is one of the worst in the league for a starting guard, and though he's been shooting well he's not prolific. Guard play is Michigan's (and the B1G conference as a whole) weakness. Other conferences have better guards.

Rob *sigh* hasn't progressed one bit .. and is becoming more and more inconsistent, as he stuffs his head further up his own ass. He's in his own head .. we have basketcases for guards. The team needs therapy ..

Livers and Wagner stretch the defense, Dickinson keeps defense honest. Gives their guards more room to operate. Remove those two and they probably wouldn't look too good.

Last edited:
Reactions: .Gerdis
They’re similar players with similar skill sets playing with completely different supporting casts. Their offensive games are nearly identical.

Rob 26-40 from the line

Walker 65-68 from the line.

That supporting cast must be good at teaching FTs.

What a moron you are Custodian.

Yea, he may be better shooter than our guards, but who isn't. Still wouldn't start in front of Phinisee, defense is poor and that TO ratio is one of the worst in the league for a starting guard, and though he's been shooting well he's not prolific. Guard play is Michigan's (and the B1G conference as a whole) weakness.

Rob *sigh* hasn't progressed one bit .. and is becoming more and more inconsistent, as he stuffs his head further up his own ass. He's in his own head .. we have basketcase guards.

Whoa, you think he would sit in front of Rob on this team, or should? Come on man, I have some bad takes but that is the worst take I have heard all day, and Ive been listening to Custodian pipe out BS for way too long. I edited my other post his Assist rate is over 28%, that is insane. All of his numbers are great except TOs. You can live with that when he is just phenomenal at everything else.

Whoa, you think he would sit in front of Rob on this team, or should? Come on man, I have some bad takes but that is the worst take I have heard all day, and Ive been listening to Custodian pipe out BS for way too long. I edited my other post his Assist rate is over 28%, that is insane. All of his numbers are great except TOs. You can live with that when he is just phenomenal at everything else.

You can live with a high TO% when you play alongside some of the most efficient players in college basketball (Livers and Dickinson). IU doesn’t have a Livers or Dickinson, let alone one, and the last thing IU needs is an inefficient PG with a high TO%. God knows we see 10 minutes of it every time Lander comes in.

Do you even watch basketball? TJD isn't efficient? I am done with you toilet scrubber.

TJD is a great player. He’s nowhere close to being as efficient as Livers or Dickinson though. There’s two players in the B10 that play meaningful minutes who have a worse TO% than Smith; Khristian Lander and Ethan Morton. As bad as Lander is, Morton is that much worse.

He. Turns. The. Ball. Over. At. A. 24%. Ratio.

TJD is a great player. He’s nowhere close to being as efficient as Livers or Dickinson though. There’s two players in the B10 that play meaningful minutes who have a worse TO% than Smith; Khristian Lander and Ethan Morton. As bad as Lander is, Morton is that much worse.

TJD is arguably better than both of those players. Quit typing dumb comments.

I didn’t say he wasn’t better moron. I said he wasn’t as efficient.

To clarify you typed he was nowhere close to as efficient, which is what made your post somewhat dumb. What made it extremely dumb is you trying to pretend that there is a major difference between the 3 players to strengthen a different argument. Carry on now.

Last edited:

You can’t just make up BS in 2021 custodian. Everything you type is just retarded or a blatant lie.

Wheeler (for both penn state and PU)
Curbelo And Mulcahy have a higher TO rate than Smith. All better than Rob and would start over him as well. Get back to them dam toilets!!!!

To be clarify you typed he was nowhere close to as efficient, which is what made your post somewhat dumb. What made it extremely dumb is you trying to pretend that there is a major difference between the 3 players to strengthen a different argument. Carry on now.

Not at all. My original post was that you can live with a PG with a high TO% (Smith and he would relate if he played at IU) under the premise your supporting cast is highly efficient. Dickinson and Livers are 2/3 most efficient players in the B10 and Dickinson is the 2nd most efficient player in the country. My comment was neither dumb nor wrong. Go practice falling down again.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT