ADVERTISEMENT

I'm loving the 8PM kickoff at WKU!

Switch the kickoff times for the Idaho game and the Cincinnati game.
Thanks and you’re welcome.

Reactions: 76-1
My understanding was that networks would have scheduled IU for more night games if it had a mascot. There is a clause in many contracts that games after 7 pm have to square off teams that have brand appeal to the younger demographic through the school mascot. Gets more youth eyeballs on the t.v. IU essentially didn’t follow that formula which puts them squarely in the non-prime spots.
Heard some games this year may start at 10:30 am and be only televised on Al Jazeera. That may end up being IU unless it gets the mascot.

My understanding was that networks would have scheduled IU for more night games if it had a mascot. There is a clause in many contracts that games after 7 pm have to square off teams that have brand appeal to the younger demographic through the school mascot. Gets more youth eyeballs on the t.v. IU essentially didn’t follow that formula which puts them squarely in the non-prime spots.
Heard some games this year may start at 10:30 am and be only televised on Al Jazeera. That may end up being IU unless it gets the mascot.
I just got a crazy idea,what we need is a Big Red Crimson Buffalo for a mascot

I just got a crazy idea,what we need is a Big Red Crimson Buffalo for a mascot

The Fightin’ Hoosier Bison!

Muybridge-buffalo.gif

And the Steam Calliope back in the end zone, too!! Am I the only one who remembers this thing from the 70’s? If so, I’m really old.
Yes, I remember that thing. I used to take my kids to the homecoming parade and that thing was so loud that you had to cover your ears. May be why I can’t hear well today?

Reactions: 4IUSox2
And the Steam Calliope back in the end zone, too!! Am I the only one who remembers this thing from the 70’s? If so, I’m really old.
They still have it. They fixed it up and bring it out at homecoming.

Reactions: 4IUSox2
My crew will hopefully be in Bowling Green for a Hoosier victory. Plan on making a trip to Bloomington for a conference game as well.

The Fightin’ Hoosier Bison!

Muybridge-buffalo.gif
My avatar 2nds this post...🇺🇸🏅

He says what we need is a bison enclosure on game day..., (with plenty of tasty forage)...💰

There you go... All that's left is for the responsible humans to chose the site...🐿😎

1024px-Big_Red_WKU_Mascot_Image.jpg

Bonus points if you know the guy in the baseball hat and black pants next to Big Red.

Last edited:
I remember when Reds owner Marge Schott was in a picture with the Buffalo Bison mascot. The caption identified which one was Schott, which I thought was hilarious.

Reactions: vesuvius13
I’ll be there tailgating with the camper. My coworker who is a UK fan is going too. His mom and both brothers are WKU grads.

Reactions: vesuvius13
Cincinnati game time is likely chosen by ESPN or Fox. Anticipate that will be a National TV (early game). The WKU game is obviously not appealing to the networks (it is on CBSSports cable network), so WKU made the choice to play late and give their fans a night game against a ranked opponent.

Cincinnati game time is likely chosen by ESPN or Fox. Anticipate that will be a National TV (early game). The WKU game is obviously not appealing to the networks (it is on CBSSports cable network), so WKU made the choice to play late and give their fans a night game against a ranked opponent.

agree IU @ WKU doesn't have national appeal, but what network has rights to the game is a matter of who owns the home team's rights.

if IU was the home team, it would be on BTN or Fox or an ESPN.

that said, i'll assume CBS picked the kick time.

that said, the B10 didn't do IU any favors this yr with the scheduling.

in fact, i'd say the B10 really stuck it to IU big time in the hind quarters.

Last edited:
Reactions: 76-1
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT