ADVERTISEMENT

If you take TJD away from Woodson

Don’t make the tourney in year 1 since we barely made it in the First Four.

Year 2 I don’t know, would have been a different recruiting/portal process. Probably not good but a total guess.

Well, imagine they land a couple decent 3 to 4 star guards the first year. By now, they are juniors and we are looking at a pretty good season next year.

It doesn't take half a brain to know that going after one and done players doesn't work unless you land them every single year. It's like a wick without candle wax. Just flat out dumb. I used to laugh at programs like that.

Woodson re-recruited TJD, he should get full credit for that, as much as he should get blame for his recruiting misses. And TJD gives Woodson a lot of praise.

Woodson re-recruited TJD, he should get full credit for that, as much as he should get blame for his recruiting misses. And TJD gives Woodson a lot of praise.
Agreed.

Take Edey away from Purdue, or Cockburn away from Illinois. Or take Keita Bates-Diop away from Holtman in his first season. Woodson did fine his first 2 years. He sucks this year. Partly because he wasn't able to bring players in who could either win now or win next year. He struck out already for next year. That's the biggest problem.

Reactions: Spartans9312
he got tjd to stay the problem is he has recruited no base at all its going to be all portal players

Let’s say TJD left when Woodson was hired. How many games does Woodson win in his first 2 seasons? TJD was a special talent and made Woodson look decent.
Exactly. TJD was his ‘Mello’, as was JHS. Mike requires great players to have a decent season, because he doesn’t know how to coach. You notice I say ‘decent’ because neither of his first two seasons were great by any top team’s standard. He has 3 5* players this year and can’t figure it out, so it has to be a mature and special type player, in other words - one that doesn’t need coached. Get it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT