ADVERTISEMENT

If Woodson does fail next year and I hope, he doesn't...

You guys are so negative
That’s not negative Willdog7- it’s factual. Does making the Dance being a top 73 team with top 5 NIL make you satisfied with the program? Woody has been an 11-seed got blasted in round 1 by St Mary’s then made dance as 4-seed and got blasted by Miami in 2nd round- do those results make you happy? Does getting blasted by Az in Vegas, UConn in NYC, or Auburn in Atlanta please you, make you respect Woody more? Just data Willdog7, results verifiable with any browser! Woody himself said it was goal to compete for Big Ten and national titles soon- we are looking at season 4, is Woody changing goals, or was it a money grab with BS press conference to start?

Lol. I'm sure that's it.

It seems to me that we've got some decent pieces coming in/back at this point. Next year could be a decent year for IU. How unfortunate for Stevens, Donovan, Hurley, Oats, etc.
You expect NC or Final Four next season?

Last edited:
That’s not negative Willdog7- it’s factual. Does making the Dance being a top 73 team with top 5 NIL make you satisfied with the program? Woody has been an 11-seed got blasted in round 1 by St Mary’s then made dance as 4-seed and got blasted by Miami in 2nd round- do those results make you happy? Does getting blasted by Az in Vegas, UConn in NYC, or Auburn in Atlanta please you, make you respect Woody more? Just data Willdog7, results verifiable with any browser! Woody himself said it was goal to compete for Big Ten and national titles soon- we are looking at season 4, is Woody changing goals, or was it a money grab with BS press conference to start?
Thanks Indy for starting my Saturday with an easy question and getting things off on the right foot. Our dogs are both in heat right now and my daughters will have difficult questions for me about their unusual behavior the rest of the day.

CMW has vast experience with press conferences for his underperforming teams and so watch the work of a master. Borrowing from Vitale-CMW is the Michelangelo of deflecting blame from sports media and retaining his job.

Last edited:
Reactions: Indyhorn
You expect NC or Final Four next season?

Did I say that? There's quite a gap between missing the tourney while being ranked 100+, and making a Final Four or winning a title. I expect IU to fall somewhere between those things.

My expectations simply based on personnel would be top 6 or so in the B10, and making the tourney comfortably.

Did I say that? There's quite a gap between missing the tourney while being ranked 100+, and making a Final Four or winning a title. I expect IU to fall somewhere between those things.

My expectations simply based on personnel would be top 6 or so in the B10, and making the tourney comfortably.T year. I take de
Of course not but the following (below quote) is ill defined and so just wondering about your definition of a decent year. Does your use of decent year imply a year that would be sufficient to retain CMW? If we make the tourny is that in your view sufficient for retention?

“Next year could be a decent year for IU”

... How about a team that is better than the sum of it's parts? ...
Probably the best description of how teams with big talent, win big.

Coach will likely have horses equal to the best in the B1G this year. Not sure yet as not every rumored portal guy is in house. But likely. If so, winning the B1G should be at the top of the list of expectations.

Like to dominant those schools mentioned, such as Nebraska, Penn State, Iowa, oh yeah, Purdue. And the out of conference. Tired of losing the prime time TV matchups.

Let's see it! Go Hoosiers!

My expectations simply based on personnel would be top 6 or so in the B10, and making the tourney comfortably.
Top 6 in the big ten? With top talent? If we get 4th or worse I'm back on the make a change bandwagon. Four years. Massive resources... I'd prefer Tom Crean if that's all Coach could do.

But, I think we will do better. I'm optimistic again, unless and until proven otherwise.

Last edited:

But that can't be the expectation for coaches anymore that use roster methods like Woody. He's apparently not recruiting HS players in any kind of long-term way.

I mean, name the last HS recruit that Woody successfully recruited over a longer period. And don't say Liam. He didn't come to IU.

He gets whoever he can at the last minute. He does it with both HS and portal players. There's obviously no long-term kind of player acquisition plan.

So the players he gets had better win NOW. Who knows who he is going to have on the roster from year-to-year?

Of course not but the following (below quote) is ill defined and so just wondering about your definition of a decent year. Does your use of decent year imply a year that would be sufficient to retain CMW? If we make the tourny is that in your view sufficient for retention?

“Next year could be a decent year for IU”

It doesn't much matter what I or anyone here thinks, is a finish worth of retention. If we finish P5 in conference, maybe a 6 seed in the tourney, and win a game? I'm not suggesting that such a season would represent any sort of pinnacle. But I'd suspect that it wouldn't result in a change if that's what you're asking.

I'm quite sure that there's more involved in deciding whether a coach stays or goes than simply some arbitrary finishing position. It's probably more about the trajectory and whether it is felt the program is on the right course for the future. If people here are hoping for a horrific season that would result in getting rid of Woodson, I'd speculate that they'll be disappointed.

It doesn't much matter what I or anyone here thinks, is a finish worth of retention. If we finish P5 in conference, maybe a 6 seed in the tourney, and win a game? I'm not suggesting that such a season would represent any sort of pinnacle. But I'd suspect that it wouldn't result in a change if that's what you're asking.

I'm quite sure that there's more involved in deciding whether a coach stays or goes than simply some arbitrary finishing position. It's probably more about the trajectory and whether it is felt the program is on the right course for the future. If people here are hoping for a horrific season that would result in getting rid of Woodson, I'd speculate that they'll be disappointed.
I didn’t ask what you think will happen but rather what you think should happen in a particular scenario. Just interesting to know what others believe should be the case with particular outcomes. For me if not on the path to resuming our place as a national power then on the wrong path.

Hopes and expectations are arrived at differently and represent different things. That is a point of the wise old adage-Hope for the best and prepare for the worst. :).

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT