ADVERTISEMENT

If Tuttle succeeds?

If it was my decision whether Penix ever plays QB at IU again, it’d be no; that dog don’t/won’t hunt no more. I’ve seen no evidence of grit, like we’ve seen from Peyton Ramsey, or even a Brian Evans. Especially Brian Evans. Glad CTA gave him the opportunity, as I would have, too. But MP has been subconsciously protecting his knees, and in the future it’ll include his shoulder / upper body. Defenses see that and smell blood, intensifying the effort to smash him. I must be loyal to the team (screw what the fans think) and not to MP. Gotta go with who’s next.

Go back to the purdue board with that garbage... That's low even for you clowns...

Reactions: vesuvius13 and DANC
I'd be pleasantly surprised if Tuttle could last a season as a starter without getting hurt. He takes a lot of hits. He's big, but needs to be a lot smarter in that regard.

Reactions: BayernFan
“Week to week.” It’ll probably be a game day sideline announcement, “to deny Sparty the ability to prepare properly.”

But from my room at Holiday Inn Express, I’d say there is zero chance Penix plays. He had already lost velocity just from bad footwork gone to worse with the knee injury, and even a minor separated shoulder is gonna make that worse.
Yep . . . all those things are true and they've layered on top of one another to make IU's season look bad . . .

. . . I looked at the AP rankings this morning and UGA is of course at #1, Ioway is #2, Cincy is #3 and then we don't show anybody on our schedule until down at #6 (O$U), then PSU at #7, Michigan at #8, and MSU at #10 . . . the coaches poll is similar, but not quite as nice to IU's schedule . . . Ioway is #2, Cincy at #4, then O$U, Michigan, PSU and MSU at #s6-9. That's a pretty top-heavy schedule . . .

IU can still make a mark on this season if it can win 2 of the remaining 3 games against top 10 opponents plus all the rest, or even if it does nothing more than serve as a constant running through much of the top 10 if it beats Rutgers, Maryland and PU. To make the mark, though, IU has to show a whole lot more physicality with its lines . . . we need to IMPOSE on the other teams' lines . . . at the end of the day (corporate silly-speak) the game is about which team can out-bad the other team . . . and I ain't talking about turnovers. The biggest disappointment I have with this IU team is the seeming lack of toughness in the OL . . . we need some nastiness somewhere out there . . . Crider couldn't have taken it all with him, could he?

Reactions: DANC
Schedule may be a little bit easier. A healthy Tuttle is an upgrade over wounded Penix, and not sure on coordinators.
Not saying he is better than a healthy Penix-- who is not ready to go--full steam--to pass and run--Tuttle can do both--so he should be playing--Penix's interceptions occur when defense is getting close--and instead running to get away, he passes into covered receivers--interceptions--as long as P cannot or will not run--he shouldn't be playing--play Tuttle !!
BOBBY9

Not saying he is better than a healthy Penix-- who is not ready to go--full steam--to pass and run--Tuttle can do both--so he should be playing--Penix's interceptions occur when defense is getting close--and instead running to get away, he passes into covered receivers--interceptions--as long as P cannot or will not run--he shouldn't be playing--play Tuttle !!
BOBBY9
You didn’t like the granny pass at Iowa? Kind of defined the season so far for me with Penix. Still time to change though with getting a few more good wins.

Yep . . . all those things are true and they've layered on top of one another to make IU's season look bad . . .

. . . I looked at the AP rankings this morning and UGA is of course at #1, Ioway is #2, Cincy is #3 and then we don't show anybody on our schedule until down at #6 (O$U), then PSU at #7, Michigan at #8, and MSU at #10 . . . the coaches poll is similar, but not quite as nice to IU's schedule . . . Ioway is #2, Cincy at #4, then O$U, Michigan, PSU and MSU at #s6-9. That's a pretty top-heavy schedule . . .

IU can still make a mark on this season if it can win 2 of the remaining 3 games against top 10 opponents plus all the rest, or even if it does nothing more than serve as a constant running through much of the top 10 if it beats Rutgers, Maryland and PU. To make the mark, though, IU has to show a whole lot more physicality with its lines . . . we need to IMPOSE on the other teams' lines . . . at the end of the day (corporate silly-speak) the game is about which team can out-bad the other team . . . and I ain't talking about turnovers. The biggest disappointment I have with this IU team is the seeming lack of toughness in the OL . . . we need some nastiness somewhere out there . . . Crider couldn't have taken it all with him, could he?
Your last question is the big mystery.

You mean calling audibles to change the play? That would depend on the relationship between the QB and the OC I would think.
What I’m asking about is, say, the players are lined up with instructions to run the ball straight up the middle, the QB sees something he feels he can take advantage of, and changes the play call to a deep pass.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT