ADVERTISEMENT

If the Celtics do not make the playoffs...

He can only be a coach killer if management doesn't have the coach's back. I don't think Ainge will have much of a problem telling where to go.

He can only be a coach killer if management doesn't have the coach's back. I don't think Ainge will have much of a problem telling where to go.
Stevens has consistently been lauded as an up and coming coach with incredible potential by NBA colleagues and basketball writers. Ainge and the Boston fans know what they have. They almost had the first team to beat the Warriors, giving them their best challenge of the season. If Stevens leaves Boston, it will be his own choice, and not because they got rid of him. And even if they did, I wager that there would multiple other NBA teams making him an offer to come coach for them.

Stevens has consistently been lauded as an up and coming coach with incredible potential by NBA colleagues and basketball writers. Ainge and the Boston fans know what they have. They almost had the first team to beat the Warriors, giving them their best challenge of the season. If Stevens leaves Boston, it will be his own choice, and not because they got rid of him. And even if they did, I wager that there would multiple other NBA teams making him an offer to come coach for them.

To be fair, GS was missing the 2nd best player.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT