ADVERTISEMENT

If B1G adds FSU & Clemson...

maybe we could change our name to big twenty and then be done. yea right lol

...we'll know that Media Rights > AAU membership.

This data is so flawed. So you're telling me that the teams who's games are most oftened nationally televised every weekend, have the highest viewership numbers? That's simply wild. I'd have imagined a team like IU would be up there considering our games often require a treasure map to find on B1G plus! Vbg

...we'll know that Media Rights > AAU membership.

Nothing unusual... It's common for highly successful people and organizations to dominate in what they do.

... like, the richest 10% of Americans control 75% of the wealth....

... as a SM with a 10 person staff the top 2 or 3 sales people would always account for anywhere from 60-70% of billings.... etc.

One advantage these schools have is getting the best time slots with the largest possible universe. And they deserve it..... but still, that's not the only difference maker.

As far as viewership options I will admit I’m pretty spoiled with options. Even with me now living in Atlanta I still have an option to watch every IU game which isn’t the case with the Colts. I’m lucky to catch 1 Colts game per year within my market although I can purchase an upgrade to watch out of market games with NFL network if the colts make it a worthwhile spend. I still remember in the 2000s when I still lived in Indiana I could only catch most IU football games on the radio if I didn’t go to the game in person. Things have really changed a lot over the past twenty years in our media coverage.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT