ADVERTISEMENT

Ian Thomas

Superstar84b

Freshman
Sep 1, 2017
as an update on how some former Hoosiers are doing, it appears as if Ian Thomas had a solid senior bowl practice week, and enjoyed the opportunity. He had 1 catch for 28 yards and great blocking. The announcers even highlighted his blocking, which was something he needed to improve coming into the senior bowl. He made some nice plays in 7 on 7 during the week and one on ones. He measured in with good size too at 6’3 3/8” and measured in with long arms. Overall, he improved his stock. On his one catch in the game the Linebacker absolutely couldn’t keep up with him. The LB tried to jam him at the line and he juked him and broke free, then got some YAC upfield. That’s consistent with how he played against Ohio State. The OSU linebacker couldn’t cover Thomas and usually had Thomas in man coverage on 80% of the plays. The OSU linebacker is also supposed to be a 2nd round pick. Thomas has shown consistently that he’s a matchup problem for linebackers, and safeties are too small to cover him.

Overall, after this week, Thomas has likely made himself into a 3rd round pick. If his blocking continues to improve, he will get solid reps as a rookie based on what I saw, and based on what scouts are saying. Thomas had a quote that was something like “This is good for Indiana since we haven’t been represented well over the years. I want to help put Indiana on the map and show off the things that I learned at Indiana.” I think that’s important. Spriggs, Feeney, And now Thomas making it to the senior bowl recent years helps Indiana big time, and recruits will begin to notice that we have sent some good players to the senior bowl in recent years.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT