ADVERTISEMENT

I wonder how many famous New Yorkers breathed a sigh of relief today.

My issue with this #Me too stuff is where is the evidence? There has to be some physical or eyewitness evidence to prove these claims. Yet people are getting ostracized over circumstantial claims, it's ridiculous and goes against innocent until proven guilty.

Reactions: DANC
My issue with this #Me too stuff is where is the evidence? There has to be some physical or eyewitness evidence to prove these claims. Yet people are getting ostracized over circumstantial claims, it's ridiculous and goes against innocent until proven guilty.

I'm just glad I'm not being held to account for the way I treated women 40 or 50 years ago. I'd be doing time.

• Wow
Reactions: BradStevens
What kind of evidence is there usually in sexual abuse cases? Guys don’t usually do it in a crowd with witnesses.

What kind of evidence is there usually in sexual abuse cases? Guys don’t usually do it in a crowd with witnesses.
Rape kits. Police reports. Today timely messages. On and on. With the priest cases you had repressed memories etc. These are a nightmare.

Reactions: Cthulhu85
I'm thinking a bullet hole in the head of the rapist, would be a pretty good piece of evidence. Or for a less drastic measure, extreme burn marks from a tazzer? Just a thought.

What @mcmurtry66 said.

As for a 30 year old case? He said, she said and overly emotional women who didnt know adams even existed until a year or two ago.

I'm not a fan of him but he has the right of innocent until proven guilty and these decades old sexual abuse accusations are getting old.

Last edited:
Rape kits. Police reports. Today timely messages. On and on. With the priest cases you had repressed memories etc. These are a nightmare.
I'm not a lawyer but I think it's insane people are getting convictions on circumstantial evidence.

Red from That 70s show is a good example. 30+ years in prison over unsubstantiated accusations? Social media is killing the judicial system.

I'm not a lawyer but I think it's insane people are getting convictions on circumstantial evidence.

Red from That 70s show is a good example. 30+ years in prison over unsubstantiated accusations? Social media is killing the judicial system.
It’s always been screwy. You can kill a guy and get less time in state than stuff involving $

Reactions: Cthulhu85
Sexual abuse doesn’t just mean rape. And there are many, many reasons women don’t report abuse to the police and sometimes not anyone, especially when they are young.

What @mcmurtry66 said.

As for a 30 year old case? He said, she said and overly emotional women who didnt know adams even existed until a year or two ago.

I'm not a fan of him but he has the right of innocent until proven guilty and these decades old sexual abuse accusations are getting old.
Lol it always comes back to overly emotional women, doesn’t it? Lmao Sorry they are getting old. I know you think the Bill Cosbys and Harvey Weinsteins of the world should get to walk, but….

Should 80s or 90s behavior be judged by 2023 standards? Serious question.
The point is it’s unfair to a defendant. A sol is to protect the defendant. Relevant evidence gets lost, destroyed, witnesses’ memories fade. It’s terribly unfair

Lol it always comes back to overly emotional women, doesn’t it? Lmao Sorry they are getting old. I know you think the Bill Cosbys and Harvey Weinsteins of the world should get to walk, but….
Good grief

Look below,

The point is it’s unfair to a defendant. A sol is to protect the defendant. Relevant evidence gets lost, destroyed, witnesses’ memories fade. It’s terribly unfair

It wasn’t Red who was convicted, it was Hyde (Daniel Masterson). Jury found him guilty and typically they get it right. I have no idea what the evidence was.

Lawyers will tell you that nearly all convictions come from circumstantial evidence. Video and DNA and smoking guns are a rarity.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT