ADVERTISEMENT

I was very happy to read that the US Women's National Soccer Team got

mcmurtry66

Hall of Famer
Mar 14, 2019
their lawsuit booted today. I think they were surprised to learn the jury wouldn't be comprised of Taylor Swift and eleven 12-yr-old girls. A real judge must have come as a shock.

It's hilarious that two people liked such a silly post. The U.S. Men's Team wishes it could be as pathetic as it's Women's Team.
Ha there's no comparing the men's team with the women's team. the women's team is nothing more than a bunch of whiny, cry babies whose only talent is getting hollywood feminists to support them.

our country has devoted 20x more money to their program than 99% of the countries they play. their games are like alabama football playing a d3 school that just decided to start a program and is holding open tryouts the week before the first game. half the countries they play the women don't even get paid. they are volunteer, part time players from tiny countries. the advantages our women have over the countries they play against is absurd. hell our women lost to a U15 boys team. badly. i saw the last generation lose to a junior college playing at barry university by double digits. and the men's juco took the foot off the gas after ten minutes. when i was in 8th grade i was far more skilled than any player on the us women's team today. the men play countries where soccer is life to the people. comparing our women to the men is pure silliness.

the deal they got that they are incessantly whining about is the deal they bargained for. they could have had the same deal as the men and elected not to contract for it. anyway rant over. I guess Biden is taking up their cause to pander to women after his latest bad publicity. Silly considering trump is his opponent and would be a fool to go down that path.

Last edited:
It's hilarious that two people liked such a silly post. The U.S. Men's Team wishes it could be as pathetic as it's Women's Team.

So, what are you saying?

The only thing that should drive compensation is wins/losses? Not revenue or profit?

I have not looked up revenue numbers, but in 2019 the women outdrew the men. https://www.google.com/amp/s/worlds...dance-8-greater-us-mens-soccer-team-2019/amp/
The women signed an agreement that allowed for more guaranteed compensation than the men who elected a higher bonus structure. in retrospect the women had buyer's remorse over the deal. it's no different than scottie pippen's shitty contract. he shouldn't have signed it, but a deal is a deal. this thing was the fault of the women's players union reps, and had zero to do with misogyny as the narrative they're trying to push.

Reactions: racinghoosier
The women signed an agreement that allowed for more guaranteed compensation than the men who elected a higher bonus structure. in retrospect the women had buyer's remorse over the deal. it's no different than scottie pippen's shitty contract. he shouldn't have signed it, but a deal is a deal. this thing was the fault of the women's players union reps, and had zero to do with misogyny as the narrative they're trying to push.

I never made that argument, I just said they outdrew the men.

However, I cannot see why one has to belittle the women's accomplishments to make the point they agreed to a different structure. Yes, they are not as good as the men. But high school basketball players are not nearly as good as NBA players yet I would prefer going to a Friday night high school game to a Pacer game. As long as the competition is fairly even, the pure quality of play is irrelevant. The high school kids tend to play hard 4 quarters, not just the 4th.

They made a deal, the deal ended up costing them. The court has agreed. I just get the feeling their are people out there that want no women's athletics. If so, they should open up and make that argument.

Reactions: hoosboot
I never made that argument, I just said they outdrew the men.

However, I cannot see why one has to belittle the women's accomplishments to make the point they agreed to a different structure. Yes, they are not as good as the men. But high school basketball players are not nearly as good as NBA players yet I would prefer going to a Friday night high school game to a Pacer game. As long as the competition is fairly even, the pure quality of play is irrelevant. The high school kids tend to play hard 4 quarters, not just the 4th.

They made a deal, the deal ended up costing them. The court has agreed. I just get the feeling their are people out there that want no women's athletics. If so, they should open up and make that argument.
The feeling i get from my soccer community is love and support for women's soccer. there are many people out there, myself included, who don't like THIS particular collection of women's soccer players. 1: the advantages they have over every team they play is MASSIVE; it's truly like Alabama playing a D3 schedule, yet they gloat, and taunt, and exhibit zero humility, etc. 2: they push the misogyny/victim narrative to give a false account of their history of negotiations to undo a bargain they agreed to.

the prior generation of uswnt players, mia hamm and the rest, were widely beloved. they were strong, humble, pioneers. this generation is whiny and entitled.

Reactions: racinghoosier
The feeling i get from my soccer community is love and support for women's soccer. there are many people out there, myself included, who don't like THIS particular collection of women's soccer players. 1: the advantages they have over every team they play is MASSIVE; it's truly like Alabama playing a D3 schedule, yet they gloat, and taunt, and exhibit zero humility, etc. 2: they push the misogyny/victim narrative to give a false account of their history of negotiations to undo a bargain they agreed to.

the prior generation of uswnt players, mia hamm and the rest, were widely beloved. they were strong, humble, pioneers. this generation is whiny and entitled.

I will have to take your word for it, soccer at it's absolute best is far slower than chess. So I have never had any interest in soccer. I agree, if they signed a different deal (and they had a chance to take the men's deal) the pay issue is on them.

Reactions: UncleMark
I will have to take your word for it, soccer at it's absolute best is far slower than chess. So I have never had any interest in soccer. I agree, if they signed a different deal (and they had a chance to take the men's deal) the pay issue is on them.
LOL yeah i'm a soccer nut. i'm too dumb to link the salient part but there's a fantastic simpson's episode where soccer comes to springfield. the city is super pumped and they sell out the stadium. when the game starts they're all on their feet screaming wildly. then they show the game and two guys just keep passing it back and forth. slowly but surely the crowd begins to sit down until eventually they all sit. a silence sweeps over the entire stadium until i think it's krusty the clown stands up and yells: DO SOMETHING!

there are a ton of really funny digs in the episode.

Yes, they are not as good as the men. But high school basketball players are not nearly as good as NBA players yet I would prefer going to a Friday night high school game to a Pacer game.

Let’s treat everyone equally and have cross gender teams? Give everyone the same opportunity. Maybe Michelle Wie can make a cut this time

Reactions: 76-1 and mcmurtry66
Ha there's no comparing the men's team with the women's team. the women's team is nothing more than a bunch of whiny, cry babies whose only talent is getting hollywood feminists to support them.

our country has devoted 20x more money to their program than 99% of the countries they play. their games are like alabama football playing a d3 school that just decided to start a program and is holding open tryouts the week before the first game. half the countries they play the women don't even get paid. they are volunteer, part time players from tiny countries. the advantages our women have over the countries they play against is absurd. hell our women lost to a U15 boys team. badly. i saw the last generation lose to a junior college playing at barry university by double digits. and the men's juco took the foot off the gas after ten minutes. when i was in 8th grade i was far more skilled than any player on the us women's team today. the men play countries where soccer is life to the people. comparing our women to the men is pure silliness.

the deal they got that they are incessantly whining about is the deal they bargained for. they could have had the same deal as the men and elected not to contract for it. anyway rant over. I guess Biden is taking up their cause to pander to women after his latest bad publicity. Silly considering trump is his opponent and would be a fool to go down that path.

Oh, I get it now. You thought you were the sh!t as a soccer player and now you're jealous about all of the attention the USWNT gets so you feel the need to sh!t on their amazing accomplishments and huge impact.

I guess I must be a Hollywood feminist, but support our national teams is the way I roll. :rolleyes:

Reactions: Circlejoe
So, what are you saying?

The only thing that should drive compensation is wins/losses? Not revenue or profit?

It seems abundantly clear, but I'll draw it in crayon to simplify. Your post was silly. That two people liked such a silly post was funny. The United States Men's National Soccer Team wishes that it was in a similar position to the "pathetic" United States Women's National Team.

Hopefully that cleared it up for you. ;)

Oh, I get it now. You thought you were the sh!t as a soccer player and now you're jealous about all of the attention the USWNT gets so you feel the need to sh!t on their amazing accomplishments and huge impact.

I guess I must be a Hollywood feminist, but support our national teams is the way I roll. :rolleyes:
LOL support the women's national team comprised of players that:
1. refuse to stand
2. refuse to go to the white house
3. run up the score on teams that have volunteer players who play soccer on a part time basis
4. complain at a world cup while playing against teams that have fledgling programs operating on a shoe string budget
5. complain at a world cup in front of countries that only recently allowed women to even play soccer - while they're complaining about their own dearth of equality in the US while driving custom imported land rover defenders because they kick a soccer ball on par with 8th grade boys.
5. lose handily to a U15 boys team
6. There is no other competition in the world where one team has so many advantages over all of the other teams as the us women's soccer program.
Their accomplishments are far from amazing. Let the Dallas Cowboys play high school football and call that an amazing accomplishment because that's the difference in history, opportunities, and resources. Yet our women do nothing but whine and complain and try to get people like taylor swift to take up their cause because they know their lawsuit is a total sham. There accomplishments are trivial at best to anyone who follows soccer....

Last edited:
Reactions: 76-1
LOL support the women's national team comprised of players that:
1. refuse to stand
2. refuse to go to the white house
3. run up the score on teams that have volunteer players
4. complain at a world cup while playing against teams that have fledgling programs operating on a shoe string budget
5. complain at a world cup in front of countries that only recently allowed women to even play soccer - while they're complaining about their own dearth of equality in the US while driving custom imported land rover defenders because they kick a soccer ball on par with 8th grade boys.
5. lose handily to a U15 boys team

Their accomplishments are far from amazing. Let the Dallas Cowboys play high school football and call that an amazing accomplishment because that's the difference in history, opportunities, and resources. Yet are women do nothing but whine and complain. There accomplishments are trivial at best to anyone who follows soccer....

Yeah, I'm a U.S. Soccer Federation subscriber, season ticket holder for the local MLS team, and go whenever the USMNT or USWNT play locally, but I probably am not "anyone who follows soccer". I can see the USWNT's success has left you butthurt about your relative lack of attention when you were in 8th grade, but the success of the USWNT and its players does not diminish the men's game. It enhances it.

Reactions: Circlejoe
Yeah, I'm a U.S. Soccer Federation subscriber, season ticket holder for the local MLS team, and go whenever the USMNT or USWNT play locally, but I probably am not "anyone who follows soccer". I can see the USWNT's success has left you butthurt about your relative lack of attention when you were in 8th grade, but the success of the USWNT and its players does not diminish the men's game. It enhances it.
I played D1 soccer. Played in the D1 NCAA tournament. Played professionally. Was in the first MLS Combines. Played with more than a half dozen players that have played on our national team in world cups. enjoy the view from the seats. you don't have a clue what you're watching.

Reactions: 76-1
I played D1 soccer. Played in the D1 NCAA tournament. Played professionally. Was in the first MLS Combines. Played with more than a half dozen players that have played on our national team in world cups. enjoy the view from the seats. you don't have a clue what you're watching.

Congrats on your success in the game. That's fantastic. I don't think I ever suggested that I played the game...just that I was "anyone who followed soccer". Too bad you can't enjoy your relative success in the game without dismissing the people who make the MLS viable (the fans) and sh!tting on your fellow athletes who compete in the sport. I was lucky enough to work the 1994 World Cup and to have worked with Brandi, Mia, Alexi, Wynalda, Carli and a few others on various projects subsequently. The things that stand out about them is their immense love for the game, their abundant mutual respect, and their passion for finding more fans of the sport in America. It suspect you would find them not qualiifed as "anyone who follows the game", but I hope that you get over your bitterness about the USWNT. They enhance the game and have been a huge part of making it viable in the U.S.

Congrats on your success in the game. That's fantastic. I don't think I ever suggested that I played the game...just that I was "anyone who followed soccer". Too bad you can't enjoy your relative success in the game without dismissing the people who make the MLS viable (the fans) and sh!tting on your fellow athletes who compete in the sport. I was lucky enough to work the 1994 World Cup and to have worked with Brandi, Mia, Alexi, Wynalda, Carli and a few others on various projects subsequently. The things that stand out about them is their immense love for the game, their abundant mutual respect, and their passion for finding more fans of the sport in America. It suspect you would find them not qualiifed as "anyone who follows the game", but I hope that you get over your bitterness about the USWNT. They enhance the game and have been a huge part of making it viable in the U.S.
I'm a big proponent of mls and have been since day one - with teams that aren't even around anymore. hell many of my friends have made their careers from mls and their academies.

mia hamm and that generation (my generation) were abundantly different than this group of uswnt players. they are a whiny, entitled collection of players that are solely for themselves. do you think they would have given a penny out of this lawsuit to save the development academy? not a chance. they were fighting a losing lawsuit solely to line their pockets. self-promotion is what they are good at in a world of instagram. they are the ultimate me-generation team. read the comments section of any article written about them and you'll see how many people feel about them. they are the least liked national team in any sport in american history.

I'm a big proponent of mls and have been since day one - with teams that aren't even around anymore. hell many of my friends have made their careers from mls and their academies.

mia hamm and that generation (my generation) were abundantly different than this group of uswnt players. they are a whiny, entitled collection of players that are solely for themselves. do you think they would have given a penny out of this lawsuit to save the development academy? not a chance. they were fighting a losing lawsuit solely to line their pockets. self-promotion is what they are good at in a world of instagram. they are the ultimate me-generation team. read the comments section of any article written about them and you'll see how many people feel about them. they are the least liked national team in any sport in american history.

I wanted them to lose just so they would shut their traps.

But alas, they are the highest paid, most heavily funded, best trained female soccer players in the world. Ghana just didn’t stand a chance

It seems abundantly clear, but I'll draw it in crayon to simplify. Your post was silly. That two people liked such a silly post was funny. The United States Men's National Soccer Team wishes that it was in a similar position to the "pathetic" United States Women's National Team.

Hopefully that cleared it up for you. ;)

What position is that?

To play against almost no legitimate competition?

I wanted them to lose just so they would shut their traps.

But alas, they are the highest paid, most heavily funded, best trained female soccer players in the world. Ghana just didn’t stand a chance

Didn't that describe the first few "Dream teams" yet we all cheated for Michael, Magic, Larry?

Reactions: hoosboot

So, you hold yourself up as a huge supporter of the game and you wanted your national team to lose? Got it.

It's too bad that you've become so bitter. Good luck getting over your insecurities about the success of the USWNT. I look forward to the time when our men's team has the kind of success that our women's team has. They are making progress and I'm excited about the future of the game here.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT