ADVERTISEMENT

I was very happy to read that the US Women's National Soccer Team got

You sound like you could coach that group of women. You fit right in. Good luck.

Haha. I couldn't come close to doing them justice, but it's super nice of you to say I'd fit in with such kind, talented, and successful people. It is always nice when I get to work with any of them though. They're an amazing group of athletes and have been extremely intelligent and kind in my interactions with them. Hopefully our men's program will continue to progress because there are a bunch of great people in that program, too.

Good luck getting over your bitterness. Hope that you don't let the legal biz keep getting you down.

Haha. I couldn't come close to doing them justice, but it's super nice of you to say I'd fit in with such kind, talented, and successful people. It is always nice when I get to work with any of them though. They're an amazing group of athletes and have been extremely intelligent and kind in my interactions with them. Hopefully our men's program will continue to progress because there are a bunch of great people in that program, too.

Good luck getting over your bitterness. Hope that you don't let the legal biz keep getting you down.
I too have interacted with them. My impression is what we see on tv. Entitled, whiny, fake, victims. Their baloney lawsuit suits them perfectly.

I too have interacted with them. My impression is what we see on tv. Entitled, whiny, fake, victims. Their baloney lawsuit suits them perfectly.

I can't imagine why they would be different in their interactions with you. :rolleyes:

Good luck, dude. Bitter is no way to go through life.

Just that if men act a certain way, they are "tough" and admired. Women say/do the same things, they are something else.

The dream team mostly played against teams that were light years behind them in training and ability. We never knocked them for it. The women's team is being knocked for that. Why the double standard? If we are going to lessen the women's achievement, let us do the same for the dream team. I would rather celebrate both personally.

I’m not lessening their achievement.

I’m lessening them as humans.

I’m not bitter. I just don’t like them. Good luck to you.

No you outed yourself throughout this thread. Personally, you lost me at Hollywood feminists. But that’s what is great about this board. Eventually a poster will reveal themselves.

No you outed yourself throughout this thread. Personally, you lost me at Hollywood feminists. But that’s what is great about this board. Eventually a poster will reveal themselves.
No idea what this means. What I do know is a bit about employment discrimination and women getting cheated for performing the same work by employer hush schemes and the rest. It happens so often there are literally thousands of firms that do nothing but these cases. And it’s horrible that they are still taken advantage of. I also know when women are trying to exploit the system by crying victims. The first crowd to jump on board with the Uswnt while devoid of any supporting facts was Taylor Swift and yes a bunch of Hollywood feminists. That’s not sexist that’s literally what happened. The judge kicked it out.

As for lousy soccer players they are on par with 14 yr old boys.

That’s how I feel about watching MLS vs the Euro pro leagues. It’s like a backwards NBA. And I still disagree with the majority of your opinions in this discussion. Doesn’t matter though. We are who we are.

That’s how I feel about watching MLS vs the Euro pro leagues. It’s like a backwards NBA. And I still disagree with the majority of your opinions in this discussion. Doesn’t matter though. We are who we are.

So imagine how big the gap is between La Liga and USWNT

So imagine how big the gap is between La Liga and USWNT
It’s like a completely different game. Anyway this produced way more than I intended. At the end of the day irrespective of their talent level if they bargained for 67 mil good for them! But don’t fail to bargain for it, sign a deal, lie about it, then start a PR campaign to try to force US soccer to pay you for something you aren’t entitled to.

That's a visual I didn't need.

Holy shit this thread is amazing. I had no idea people felt so personally attached to the idea of the USWNT being put in their place. I mean, I understand having a dry, academic opinion on the matter. I never thought their claims had much legal merit, myself, to be honest. But the idea of someone finding actual joy at their loss, of somehow being emotionally fulfilled because their demands/requests were denied...man, that's just crazy. Sad, I think, in a way. I can't possibly imagine tying my own emotional fulfillment to the failure of someone else simply because that other person happened to be a girl.

Holy shit this thread is amazing. I had no idea people felt so personally attached to the idea of the USWNT being put in their place. I mean, I understand having a dry, academic opinion on the matter. I never thought their claims had much legal merit, myself, to be honest. But the idea of someone finding actual joy at their loss, of somehow being emotionally fulfilled because their demands/requests were denied...man, that's just crazy. Sad, I think, in a way. I can't possibly imagine tying my own emotional fulfillment to the failure of someone else simply because that other person happened to be a girl.
Lol I think you’re exaggerating. I’m glad justice prevailed in the face of whiny, entitled people. Hardly emotional fulfillment.

Don't you get it, Goat? They are all bad Americans because one of them knelt for the national anthem, but he's a patriot because he rooted for the U.S. national team to lose. Oh yeah...and anybody who disagrees with him is delusional. :rolleyes:
Wait, there was kneeling in this thread, too? I missed it because I read it so fast.

Let me guess, someone also made a sexual joke about...kneeling.

Next you are going to cry about how we are "objectifying" them

Just reporting the facts, mam. It wasn't even an original thought on your part. ;)

b8c487a8d241989913228ee590b7a8ca.jpg

I agree. I will tune in just to watch the women play (I'm a soccer fan in general). They're amazing, and I find them fun to watch. I haven't read much about the pay discrepancy issue. If they're generating more revenue, it seems to me that they should be paid appropriately.

Seems like a lot of people disagree with you, since this team had quite a following and became household names and role models to millions of little girls. As Marc said, many of the same traits we admire in men is suddenly a reason to hate the women’s team. I haven’t followed the pay issue so can’t comment on that, but I have to say watching this team was one of my favorite part of the Olympics.

I'm only liking this for that first line. I'm going to remember (and use) that one!

I'd rather be water boarded with drano than watch a women's soccer game. I thought the only point of ever watching soccer was getting hammered in a pub.

3+ pages of this? I'm concerned for everyone's mental health.

Come on, Goat! There are people on this board who've said they don't think women should be allowed to vote!

BINGO!

Don't you get it, Goat? They are all bad Americans because one of them knelt for the national anthem, but he's a patriot because he rooted for the U.S. national team to lose. Oh yeah...and anybody who disagrees with him is delusional. :rolleyes:

Now you are being as disingenuous as they are. You know with trump they said they refuse to go to the White House. You also know Rapinoe refusing to stand for the anthem. US soccer had to intervene.. Stop being dishonest. As for lousy soccer players they are on par with 14 yr old boys.
Imagine them not wanting to go meet with Trump? The guy that mean tweeted them during the Olympics, the guy that calls women dogs, as he did again today, the guy who brags about grabbing women by their p—y? How dare they not respect him. Lol.

No idea what this means. What I do know is a bit about employment discrimination and women getting cheated for performing the same work by employer hush schemes and the rest. It happens so often there are literally thousands of firms that do nothing but these cases. And it’s horrible that they are still taken advantage of. I also know when women are trying to exploit the system by crying victims. The first crowd to jump on board with the Uswnt while devoid of any supporting facts was Taylor Swift and yes a bunch of Hollywood feminists. That’s not sexist that’s literally what happened. The judge kicked it out.
Damn those Hollywood feminists and Taylor Swift. Lol. Oh by the way, I have a framed Sports Illustrated copy of Megan Rapinoe when she was named athlete of the year. Care to borrow it?

Damn those Hollywood feminists and Taylor Swift. Lol. Oh by the way, I have a framed Sports Illustrated copy of Megan Rapinoe when she was named athlete of the year. Care to borrow it?
Athlete of the year. Mhmmm. What 8th grade boys did she beat out? There’s a bunch of 14 yr olds on a club team saying what the heck?! We dominated her. You should have their pick on your wall. They beat your hero. Your hero beat a bunch of part-time players.

She wasn’t even close to the best player on that team. Just had the loudest mouth.

Last edited:

You framed a sports illustrated issue with Megan rapinoe on the cover for real?

Athlete of the year. Mhmmm. What 8th grade boys did she beat out? There’s a bunch of 14 yr olds on a club team saying what the heck?! We dominated her. She wasn’t even close to the best player on that team. Just had the loudest mouth.

Greatness bugs you a lot.

Reactions: Circlejoe
Yeah, it just eats you up.
Nah if a women who can’t beat 8th grade boys but can beat up on volunteer soccer players from tiny little countries is your idea of greatness. Well....

All that team has to do was say we’re proud to win, we recognize the advantages we have over these countries just starting out in soccer, and look forward to building women’s soccer together. They would have been loved. Instead they went on their look at me campaign exhibiting lousy sportsmanship and acted like brats and now half the soccer community can’t stand them. Read the comments to any article written about them. They’re not well-liked.

Nah if a women who can’t beat 8th grade boys but can beat up on volunteer soccer players from tiny little countries is your idea of greatness. Well....

Yeah, it just makes your hatred boil over. That's too bad. You seem like a nice guy otherwise.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT