ADVERTISEMENT

I was very happy to read that the US Women's National Soccer Team got

Oh now they weren’t really trying. Lol. They like revisionist history in their quest for equal (special) treatment too. Believe me. A U15 academy team is what they are on par with both technically, and strength and speed. The women have played against youth teams for years, dating back to Mia hamm. Hell Team boca in fla’s u16 team pummeled both the Canadian and us women’s teams about a decade ago. My buddy was their coach.

They are great at using their many advantages to beat fledgling foreign programs and boast about it. They are also great at garnering media hype. But to support them is silliness. They lie as much as trump whom you hate so much. There’s a reason their case was summaried out. Yet rapinoe is “shocked.” Mhmmm. Shocking. The US women are “good” at soccer because it has been suppressed around the world for decades. The Brazil women, you know best soccer players in the world, only started playing again in the 80s. Today the women who play “pro” in Brazil make under $500 a month. The men over $100k. Only in America was soccer considered a female sport. Everywhere else soccer was just deemed a male sport. If these players were born in half the countries in the world they wouldn’t even have a chance to play. Here we have millions upon millions dumped into their program, title IX, and on and on yet US Soccer literally has to institute a rule to compel them to stand for the national anthem. Yeah. They’re great.

Last edited:
Reactions: StelioKantos
Oh now they weren’t really trying. Lol. They like revisionist history in their quest for equal (special) treatment too. Believe me. A U15 academy team is what they are on par with both technically, and strength and speed. The women have played against youth teams for years, dating back to Mia hamm. Hell Team boca in fla’s u16 team pummeled both the Canadian and us women’s teams about a decade ago. My buddy was their coach.

They are great at using their many advantages to beat fledgling foreign programs and boast about it. They are also great at garnering media hype. But to support them is silliness. They lie as much as trump whom you hate so much. There’s a reason their case was summaried out. Yet rapinoe is “shocked.” Mhmmm. Shocking. The US women are “good” at soccer because it has been suppressed around the world for decades. The Brazil women, you know best soccer players in the world, only started playing again in the 80s. Today the women who play “pro” in Brazil make under $500 a month. The men over $100k. Only in America was soccer considered a female sport. Everywhere else soccer was just deemed a male sport. If these players were born in half the countries in the world they wouldn’t even have a chance to play. Here we have millions upon millions dumped into their program, title IX, and on and on yet US Soccer literally has to institute a rule to compel them to stand for the national anthem. Yeah. They’re great.

I was on the IU women's practice/scout team while in school and when they were decent. We beat them in pretty much every scrimmage. Do you think our scout team deserved a full-ride scholarship over the players? I mean, we also had to use our NCAA eligibility as practice players and that may have ruined my chances of making it to the NBA.

Man, your anger and bitterness over the success of the USWNT program is really eating you up inside. It seems like the link zeke provided was almost speaking directly to you.

If you find the alleged score-line funny, try learning the facts, step into the 21st century and just plain grow up.

The greatness of the USWNT in no way diminishes the USMNT or even your own soccer accomplishments. Hopefully you'll one day get over your bitterness.

You have one giant USWNT monkey on your back.

Man, your anger and bitterness over the success of the USWNT program is really eating you up inside. It seems like the link zeke provided was almost speaking directly to you.

If you find the alleged score-line funny, try learning the facts, step into the 21st century and just plain grow up.

The greatness of the USWNT in no way diminishes the USMNT or even your own soccer accomplishments. Hopefully you'll one day get over your bitterness.
You add things no one is talking about. I’ve never once said the women’s team diminishes the men or any men. Nothing the US men has done, nor I have done has been great. All I’m saying is the women play games akin to the globetrotters vs the generals. When you have even a modicum of understanding of history you’d realize what they’ve done isn’t great. It’s like the US going to war against Trinidad. Then to be arrogant, boastful, and lie to the public is unseemly at best.

You have one giant USWNT monkey on your back.
They annoy the living shit out of me. With this stay order I genuinely could be losing my marbles though. I’m vacillating between arguing with people I don’t know about women’s soccer and checking how many steps I’ve taken and how it relates to calories burned.

You add things no one is talking about. I’ve never once said the women’s team diminishes the men or any men. Nothing the US men has done, nor I have done has been great. All I’m saying is the women play games akin to the globetrotters vs the generals. When you have even a modicum of understanding of history you’d realize what they’ve done isn’t great. It’s like the US going to war against Trinidad. Then to be arrogant, boastful, and lie to the public is unseemly at best.

Ah...now I don't know history. Got it. I'll add that to the same pile as your claim that anyone who disagree with you is delusional.

Your insecurity about the USWNT is unfortunate.

Ah...now I don't know history. Got it. I'll add that to the same pile as your claim that anyone who disagree with you is delusional.

Your insecurity about the USWNT is unfortunate.
Nah you just shoot misguided personal attacks because you know the truth and choose to ignore it. And trust me, kicking a ball around is among the least important things I or anyone will ever do. Carry on with your fandom.

Nah you just shoot misguided personal attacks because you know the truth and choose to ignore it. And trust me, kicking a ball around is among the least important things I or anyone will ever do. Carry on with your fandom.

Will do. Thanks! Good luck getting over your bitterness. It eats a person up inside.

Reactions: CO. Hoosier
Will do. Thanks! Good luck getting over your bitterness. It eats a person up inside.
You do realize the irony in this right? Listen to Rapinoe talk for two seconds and you will hear the most bitter person I have ever heard. What’s more she’s a total liar, or an idiot. I suspect both. Crying she didn’t make as much lol. That court case revealed she was completely full of shit. They made more than the men. So dumb. Keep supporting this victim mentality. It’s doing wonders...

Wait until US soccer stops funding the women’s league. It’ll be gone quicker than the xfl. They weren’t looking for equal treatment, they were looking for special treatment.

You do realize the irony in this right? Listen to Rapinoe talk for two seconds and you will hear the most bitter person I have ever heard. What’s more she’s a total liar, or an idiot. I suspect both. Crying she didn’t make as much lol. That court case revealed she was completely full of shit. They made more than the men. So dumb. Keep supporting this victim mentality. It’s doing wonders...

Wait until US soccer stops funding the women’s league. It’ll be gone quicker than the xfl. They weren’t looking for equal treatment, they were looking for special treatment.

When did this conversation go from women's soccer to Trump? That's who you're talking about, right?

I was on the IU women's practice/scout team while in school and when they were decent. We beat them in pretty much every scrimmage. Do you think our scout team deserved a full-ride scholarship over the players? I mean, we also had to use our NCAA eligibility as practice players and that may have ruined my chances of making it to the NBA.
I have no idea what you are arguing here? The women signed a contract. A binding contract. After their games were over they wished they had made a different deal. So they went and cried to the media in hopes of getting enough support that a jury would over look the facts and find for them anyway. Instead a judge looked at the facts and said the deal you signed is the deal you bargained for you have no case. This isn’t hard. And it’s certainly not discriminatory.

Reactions: stollcpa

Yeah, you totally don't sound bitter at all. :rolleyes:

Bitter? For what? They lost.

Can this be moved to the Women's Soccer Board?

Or else, you two can take it to the Club. Sit in the big leather chairs, light up a couple of $50 cigars, share a decent bottle of scotch and settle this thing.

The rest of us can then settle the larger, much more important issues . . . such as, Mary Ann or Ginger.

Bitter? For what? They lost.

I agree. I don't understand why you're so bitter. Maybe it's because you were rooting for them to lose in the World Cup, but they won again? I can only tell you about the obvious end result...you'll have to visit a shrink to get to the why. ;)

I agree. I don't understand why you're so bitter. Maybe it's because you were rooting for them to lose in the World Cup, but they won again? I can only tell you about the obvious end result...you'll have to visit a shrink to get to the why. ;)
Good Lord. Get out of your media hype bubble. They beat a bunch of tiny countries with part-time players and tried to fake a lawsuit. When their league folds they won’t be heard from again.

Can this be moved to the Women's Soccer Board?

Or else, you two can take it to the Club. Sit in the big leather chairs, light up a couple of $50 cigars, share a decent bottle of scotch and settle this thing.

The rest of us can then settle the larger, much more important issues . . . such as, Mary Ann or Ginger.

It was gonna move over to the WBG board, but Sope is already there talking about walking trails and Woodford Reserve. Then it was gonna move to the Amish Restaurant Board, but Winners was posting about some Comcast fundraiser he went to. Last shot was the How They Do Things in Singapore Board, but Marvin was hijacking all threads with discussions of his favorite D&D creatures from The Monster Manual. So, looks like it's just gonna have to live here. ;)

And, duh, Mary Ann.

Good Lord. Get out of your media hype bubble. They beat a bunch of tiny countries with part-time players and tried to fake a lawsuit. When their league folds they won’t be heard from again.

Is this the post you were making to show your total lack of bitterness? :rolleyes:

Lol stop. I honestly cannot stand that team. Like I can’t stand the Kardashian’s. That’s not bitter. It’s annoyed.

Is this the one? It feels pretty...

bitter-beer-face-gif-keystone-light-lager-beer-commercial.gif

ha. that tournament is emblematic of the insanity. there are only 12 teams in the entire thing - and two of the top three ranked teams in the world aren't even participating.

And the frickin' writers are already making excuses, calling the field "stacked". Apparently they are unware and Germany and France aren't even participating.

Reactions: mcmurtry66
And the frickin' writers are already making excuses, calling the field "stacked". Apparently they are unware and Germany and France aren't even participating.
I'll say this. I have to like women's soccer b/c my daughter plays. And, to be fair, as far as watchability, it's far better than women's basketball or softball. Only 2nd to women's tennis.

But......there's more than a few women on that team that are north of 30 and some north of 35. Give it up. Let the younger kids in. Or, are you just in it for the brand and your sponsors? Seems more and more like the latter and the product suffers.

I'll say this. I have to like women's soccer b/c my daughter plays. And, to be fair, as far as watchability, it's far better than women's basketball or softball. Only 2nd to women's tennis.

But......there's more than a few women on that team that are north of 30 and some north of 35. Give it up. Let the younger kids in. Or, are you just in it for the brand and your sponsors? Seems more and more like the latter and the product suffers.
i do the same with my daughter. the women's game flourished as a result of our marketing and overwhelming advantages over other countries. the olympics is an anomaly given so many top teams not competing but going fwd as more and more countries are adding women's sides to their men's club teams our advantage will dwindle and i suspect we'll be overtaken in the next decade.

yes this batch of players are all about the brands for themselves and sponsors. we should have sent a young team over of college-aged kids

I'm a big proponent of mls and have been since day one - with teams that aren't even around anymore. hell many of my friends have made their careers from mls and their academies.

mia hamm and that generation (my generation) were abundantly different than this group of uswnt players. they are a whiny, entitled collection of players that are solely for themselves. do you think they would have given a penny out of this lawsuit to save the development academy? not a chance. they were fighting a losing lawsuit solely to line their pockets. self-promotion is what they are good at in a world of instagram. they are the ultimate me-generation team. read the comments section of any article written about them and you'll see how many people feel about them. they are the least liked national team in any sport in american history.

You're right. Your verbal opponents are wrong. 100%.

LOL support the women's national team comprised of players that:
1. refuse to stand
2. refuse to go to the white house
3. run up the score on teams that have volunteer players who play soccer on a part time basis
4. complain at a world cup while playing against teams that have fledgling programs operating on a shoe string budget
5. complain at a world cup in front of countries that only recently allowed women to even play soccer - while they're complaining about their own dearth of equality in the US while driving custom imported land rover defenders because they kick a soccer ball on par with 8th grade boys.
5. lose handily to a U15 boys team
6. There is no other competition in the world where one team has so many advantages over all of the other teams as the us women's soccer program.
Their accomplishments are far from amazing. Let the Dallas Cowboys play high school football and call that an amazing accomplishment because that's the difference in history, opportunities, and resources. Yet our women do nothing but whine and complain and try to get people like taylor swift to take up their cause because they know their lawsuit is a total sham. There accomplishments are trivial at best to anyone who follows soccer....
Channeling Trump are they?

Channeling Trump are they?
I know they’ve appealed their lawsuit but this post you’re quoting is pretty old. From what I’ve read the players are standing at the Olympics for the anthem and they are carrying flags and seem super proud to be there representing the US. No complaints other than I think Olympic soccer isn’t much of a tourney (only 12 teams and two of the top three aren’t even there) and we should have sent kids not Alex Morgan and the older crowd

Reactions: larsIU
I know they’ve appealed their lawsuit but this post you’re quoting is pretty old. From what I’ve read the players are standing at the Olympics for the anthem and they are carrying flags and seem super proud to be there representing the US. No complaints other than I think Olympic soccer isn’t much of a tourney (only 12 teams and two of the top three aren’t even there) and we should have sent kids not Alex Morgan and the older crowd
It’s good they didn’t send the kids or maybe the kids are better than some of the social warriors on the team?

I have next to no knowledge of soccer. The extent of my soccer watching was men and women world cups and Olympics.

I enjoyed Wambach, Hamm, Lilly, Lloyd, Morgan, Akers, Solo, Scurry, Foudy and more. Thought Chastain’s attitude was great. Enjoyed Rapinoe until she was more concerned about herself and politics instead of team.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT