ADVERTISEMENT

I was there in 2012....

jpb2776

Newcomer
Mar 15, 2007
Jeffersonville
After the 2012 terrible officiating call in that game on the sideline pass to set up the BSU FG I saw parallels in today's game...until the second series.

I screamed until I couldn't speak at that game in 2012 letting out the many years of frustration as a season ticket holder since the age of 14. Everything from bad coaching, poor officiating and players that had no chance to make the big plays escaped my gut that day and I haven't been to a game since. Well, my position doesn't usually have Saturday off so that could have something to do with it. ;)

Today, I saw a coach that knows how to run a team, players that are light years beyond that team in 2012 and depth that I feel IU has not had in years at several positions. I did still see bad officiating on holds that were called in only one direction, but I digress.

I know that next week will truly be the measuring stick of how real this team is. I want to see this group become the team that began the change from hope to win into confident in our chances.

3 and 0. Enjoy it! Beat MSU!

We aren’t perfect but we appear to have 2 QBs that are very much in command on the field. We just look more methodical. We look like a program that has just something about it with chemistry. Like the LEO philosophy is visible. Guys playing their roles.

A LOT of guys in the DB area with a huge learning curve. No stupid penalties though. We seem pretty disciplined.
We don’t need to be trying Majette from 2nd and 3 form the 3. Run Scott or Ronnie. I watched Walker closely and the kid does run hard inside.

Hotter than hell in the stands. Only 2 concession stands on the East side between the 50 and the SEZ.

Here’s a thought:
For fans who buy the refillable drink cups, set up refill stations ( manned by one attendant) to refill these cups. No reason to wait behind 2,000 fans buying new food items when all you need is the unlimited refill.

Hotter than hell in the stands. Only 2 concession stands on the East side between the 50 and the SEZ.

Here’s a thought:
For fans who buy the refillable drink cups, set up refill stations ( manned by one attendant) to refill these cups. No reason to wait behind 2,000 fans buying new food items when all you need is the unlimited refill.
There were plenty of concessions open in the west stands. Hot was an understatement. I mentioned in another thread I was struggling going into halftime with the heat it was rough.

One thing I noticed and a couple Ball State fans mentioned was the closing speed of our defenders. After the first couple drives the defense settled in and played tough.

Another thing...Why don't we run Whop deep. The guy has 23mph speed and we don't send him. Can't figure that one out?

We aren’t perfect but we appear to have 2 QBs that are very much in command on the field. We just look more methodical. We look like a program that has just something about it with chemistry. Like the LEO philosophy is visible. Guys playing their roles.

A LOT of guys in the DB area with a huge learning curve. No stupid penalties though. We seem pretty disciplined.
We don’t need to be trying Majette from 2nd and 3 form the 3. Run Scott or Ronnie. I watched Walker closely and the kid does run hard inside.

Here’s a thought:
I agree with you but the refill station in the West stands ran out of water. Really bummed me out.

Reactions: Chriselli
There were plenty of concessions open in the west stands. Hot was an understatement. I mentioned in another thread I was struggling going into halftime with the heat it was rough.

One thing I noticed and a couple Ball State fans mentioned was the closing speed of our defenders. After the first couple drives the defense settled in and played tough.

Another thing...Why don't we run Whop deep. The guy has 23mph speed and we don't send him. Can't figure that one out?
Could it be that they are saving some of the playbook like this option for later, perhaps against MSU?

You cant show your entire playbook before B10 play against lessor opponents. Patience...

Reactions: Chriselli
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT