ADVERTISEMENT

I was at the game today....

sbhamilton

Redshirt
Jul 18, 2006
The lack of hustle and effort was notable. The didn't seem to care one bit once they lost the lead. I really think Coach should start 5 walk ons the next game, people who want to actually play for INDIANA. Selfish and lazy on the floor.

The lack of hustle and effort was notable. The didn't seem to care one bit once they lost the lead. I really think Coach should start 5 walk ons the next game, people who want to actually play for INDIANA. Selfish and lazy on the floor.
Jarod Morris from the Assembly Call podcast made a good point. He said players get the blame, but sometimes players will see that the game plan they prepared for is going to fall compared to what the opponent is doing to them. I think this was the case today. In other words, once Auburn got going the players thought “we’re gonna need a bigger boat,” because we don’t have a strategy that can compete with what they’re doing.

IU doesn’t have guards who can compete with the better teams. IU’s guards were outscored 74-22 It’s a guards game and ours fall way short.

Cupps came to play and did a helluva lot for a true frosh including hustling for rebounds. A mid level recruit outplayed everyone else. It would be nice if IU built teams with guys who get better each year. I would think more positively about this group if we knew they'd all be back.
As it stands, a loss to Kansas will put IU in a difficult spot because the Big Ten will probably not get more than 5-6 in the tourney this year.

Jarod Morris from the Assembly Call podcast made a good point. He said players get the blame, but sometimes players will see that the game plan they prepared for is going to fall compared to what the opponent is doing to them. I think this was the case today. In other words, once Auburn got going the players thought “we’re gonna need a bigger boat,” because we don’t have a strategy that can compete with what they’re doing.

IU doesn’t have guards who can compete with the better teams. IU’s guards were outscored 74-22 It’s a guards game and ours fall way short.
Woodson and staff are paid millions to recruit.
And scout the portal..
They fall waaay short ~

And thats Woody's fault.

Cupps came to play and did a helluva lot for a true frosh including hustling for rebounds. A mid level recruit outplayed everyone else. It would be nice if IU built teams with guys who get better each year. I would think more positively about this group if we knew they'd all be back.
As it stands, a loss to Kansas will put IU in a difficult spot because the Big Ten will probably not get more than 5-6 in the tourney this year.
I like Cupps effort. I think in year 3, he could be above average. But he is far away from being ready to give IU what they need for all of those minutes he is having to play. He isn’t a creator. Very average ball handler. Not a scorer. Doesn’t seem to see the court exceptionally well. I kind of feel bad for him that he is having to play this much. He is getting exposed.

I like Cupps effort. I think in year 3, he could be above average. But he is far away from being ready to give IU what they need for all of those minutes he is having to play. He isn’t a creator. Very average ball handler. Not a scorer. Doesn’t seem to see the court exceptionally well. I kind of feel bad for him that he is having to play this much. He is getting exposed.
What does iu do for a point guard next year cupps isn't the answer. There is a reason he was not a top 100 recruit. The hype about him this summer was not fair to him.

Reactions: Willdog7
What does iu do for a point guard next year cupps isn't the answer. There is a reason he was not a top 100 recruit. The hype about him this summer was not fair to him.
Cupps has come a long way. Sees the court well and his defensive footwork is good. Ball handling skills need to improve

Really like his upside for next season

It's sad that we manage to setup two good neutral - site OOC games... have great fanbase turnout in NYC and Atlanta....and proceed to get flat fkn embarrassed in both games.

Might as well just stay at home and play more Kennesaws.

Reactions: hookyIU1990

You need to play harder when you start getting lit up. We played softer.

I like Cupps too. Liked Galloway as a freshman too. They aren't the answer.... Unless Cupps becomes a Jordan Hulls-like 3 pt shooter. Which I don't see.
Cupps might not be allowed to shoot threes, his job is to get the ball to the one year studs that have been promised all the playing time. I wasn't a fan of the woodson hire, so far he's made me look pretty wise in my older age. I would have rather kept Dane Fife and sent Mike packing.

Christ man we are 9 games into his freshman year. Jordan Hulls didn't look any better through his first 9. He is getting better every game. Such a troll job.

He isn't supposed to be getting 30 mins a game. A better question is will Mgbako learn to defend off the ball? Will Reneau learn to value blocking out and rebounding as much as his offense? Those guys are supposed to be starting.

Auburn had 2 turnovers and 100+ points. The defense just disappeared. That's the problem. Not Cupps.

Starting two freshmen, two sophomores, and a senior offering very little leadership, according to the announcer today. Rolled over.

But they learned some things from the uconn game, so hopefully they learn here too. I'd shorten the bench. If Walker can't differentiate himself from Banks, then one of them shouldn't play.

Sparks, Banks, Gunn. That's your bench.

I bet a shiny penny Woody never once drew up "one-pass-chuck-a-shot" and we saw that play 20 times today at least. Very low IQ performance.

Christ man we are 9 games into his freshman year. Jordan Hulls didn't look any better through his first 9. He is getting better every game. Such a troll job.
Cupps is not close to Hulls. Hulls through 9 games hit more threes than Cupps might hit in his first 2 years. Hulls literally hit a minimum of 2 threes in every single one of his first 9 games. He had hit 26 (our leader is 6, ****ing 6) threes through 9 games. Mack is the only one that has even attempted that many.

Our lack of shooting is so disappointing.

Cupps is not close to Hulls. Hulls through 9 games hit more threes than Cupps might hit in his first 2 years. Hulls literally hit a minimum of 2 threes in every single one of his first 9 games. He had hit 26 (our leader is 6, ****ing 6) threes through 9 games. Mack is the only one that has even attempted that many.

You wanna check the ACTUAL stats for Jordy’s first season/first 9 games? Because he didn’t hit two per game in his first nine games. Not even remotely close to that actually.

https://www.sports-reference.com/cbb/players/jordan-hulls-1/gamelog/2010

Reactions: GeorgeStrait IU
Reactions: DABFAN

Smoke the bowl after our argument, not before. Pls, n thx.

Ya I went to Kenpom that was his senior year first 9 games. Still he hit a shit ton more than Cupps 9 games in as a freshmen.

Just flipped through that and saw where Hulls hit 8 (8-12) 3s in the next to last game of his freshman season. That's some shooting.

Watching two mediocre teams in Ohio State and Penn St.

Both teams though shooting 45% from 3

OSU 11 made
Penn St 10 made

Meanwhile we went 6-17....35%. After starting 3 for 3 in the first 2 mins. Unfortunately not an aberration. We have been one of the worst shooting teams in the country for years. And no end in sight.

Okay, then Woodson needs to lead them in their walk. A team’s play is a reflection of its coach. Bob Knight was tough, as were his teams. Woodson is finding out that college coaching isn’t a glamorous profession to those of NBA pedigree…a different game with different folks, being that it is. I hope Mike still remembers he always needs to do his homework. Former players are extended the courtesy of an extended honeymoon. It’s time to come home and get to work, Mike.

Reactions: Indyhorn

I feel like I've said this 100 times on this website, but your 1st paragraph has to be one of the dumbest things I've read in a while. You give the players WAY too much credit, imo. Never ever ever do they ever consider that their gameplan is what is causing them to lose during the course of a game. Only non-athletes would ever consider this to be a possibility.

No offense.

It's pretty clear at this point the Big 10 sucks. And their style of play sucks. Somebody needs to make a change.

Reactions: GGary and .Gerdis
Just flipped through that and saw where Hulls hit 8 (8-12) 3s in the next to last game of his freshman season. That's some shooting.

Watching two mediocre teams in Ohio State and Penn St.

Both teams though shooting 45% from 3

OSU 11 made
Penn St 10 made

Meanwhile we went 6-17....35%. After starting 3 for 3 in the first 2 mins. Unfortunately not an aberration. We have been one of the worst shooting teams in the country for years. And no end in sight.
Last statement, I might add in solemn sadness with Dylan Harper’s “NO” still in sight, just not OUR site, in the end a real bummer
sinking into depression as if karst.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT