ADVERTISEMENT

I think it's kind of funny

zeke4ahs

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Oct 26, 2003
So many of you care enough about IU basketball to come and post immediately after a loss. But a win over our ranked arch rival ( and a horrible match up for us ) and crickets. I'm just glad Goat didn't get kicked off Premie like he was afraid he might.

So many of you care enough about IU basketball to come and post immediately after a loss. But a win over our ranked arch rival ( and a horrible match up for us ) and crickets. I'm just glad Goat didn't get kicked off Premie like he was afraid he might.

It's so exciting where Crean has this team right now!

How is that?

It's so exciting where Crean has this team right now!

How is that?

The funny thing is, maybe the greatest "coaching move" ever by CTC was JBJ getting hurt. Enforced the concept that if you don't play D, you don't play, that our Coach never would. Just think if TW would get a cramp after every stupid play and had to come out. This might be a F4 team!

The funny thing is, maybe the greatest "coaching move" ever by CTC was JBJ getting hurt. Enforced the concept that if you don't play D, you don't play, that our Coach never would. Just think if TW would get a cramp after every stupid play and had to come out. This might be a F4 team!
His second greatest coaching move was Hanner the Banner becoming a drug induced fall down drunk and picking up some guy named Max Beilfeld.

75% of that game was about the best I've seen them play in 3 years. That's hands down the most active I've seen Troy defensively ever. Purdue's lack of D was kind of surprising; IU just moved wherever they wanted offensively with pretty much no resistance. Could have done without Ted making an ass of himself and his crew trying to kill the flow all game, though. I remember there being a cheap one involving Swanigan (can't if he drew it or committed it) midway through the 1st, and I thought damn, this is going to set off a snowball effect of makeups for the rest of the game.

75% of that game was about the best I've seen them play in 3 years. That's hands down the most active I've seen Troy defensively ever. Purdue's lack of D was kind of surprising; IU just moved wherever they wanted offensively with pretty much no resistance. Could have done without Ted making an ass of himself and his crew trying to kill the flow all game, though. I remember there being a cheap one involving Swanigan (can't if he drew it or committed it) midway through the 1st, and I thought damn, this is going to set off a snowball of makeups for the rest of the game.
I think Swanigan was on both ends of a couple of strange charge calls, IIRC. And both teams got away with some strange walks, too. Apparently you can carry the ball all you want, but if your elbow gets too close to another player, VIOLATION! And, of course, I can't even begin to imagine what the Doofus Boards are saying about that phantom goaltend. I bet more than one sister-wife got beaten by h er brother-husband out of frustration over that call last night.

Not TV Ted's best work, that's for sure. But, then again, the bar is set particularly low for him, anyway.

Reactions: mk_peters
Don't worry Joni, your husband will stay on as coach for a few more years. So Sorry. To busy telling premie posters that Yogi isn't the GOAT they claim he is.

IU at home is a bad matchup for Purdue so you got that part wrong. The neutral court games that count are right around the corner, so don't cut down the nets just yet. One early loss and you'll be back belly aching with the rest of us.

His second greatest coaching move was Hanner the Banner becoming a drug induced fall down drunk and picking up some guy named Max Beilfeld.

And there are those who say we aren't supportive of our coach!

My thoughts:

1. I wish Goat was banned. My eyes need a rest.

2. The only thing that ever matters to me is winning the Big 10 regular season championship OUTRIGHT - while I wait for Spring football. Not backing in. Not because somebody else beats a rival after we fail to win THE game that matters. Win THAT and you can make a tourney run and see what happens. We are poised. We shall see. Its a marathon, not a sprint. Don't care how or why. Do THIS, and I will respect it. Good coaching. Bad coaching. Offense. Defense. Whatever. Its sports. Scoreboard.

3. Location. Location. Location.

4. Timing. Timing. Timing. Coach Stevens ain't coming. At least not soon. So I ain't worrying about the team we don't have.

5. No team is perfect, but its never too late. The light can go on - offense or defense - just in time. As long as it goes on.

6. IU's football field should be grass. Pass the word.

7. Winning matters, but it isn't the only thing.

8. Conscience do cost.

9. Rubbin' is racin'.

10. Dan Dakich needs to keep his mouth off my football coach.

Zeke, you are really becoming very obnoxious lately.
I'm trying my best to fit. You have to be obnoxious to fit in here, right? And I was seriously concerned for your posting privileges when we lost that lead. I was seriously concerned for mine.

My thoughts:

1. I wish Goat was banned. My eyes need a rest.

2. The only thing that ever matters to me is winning the Big 10 regular season championship OUTRIGHT - while I wait for Spring football. Not backing in. Not because somebody else beats a rival after we fail to win THE game that matters. Win THAT and you can make a tourney run and see what happens. We are poised. We shall see. Its a marathon, not a sprint. Don't care how or why. Do THIS, and I will respect it. Good coaching. Bad coaching. Offense. Defense. Whatever. Its sports. Scoreboard.

3. Location. Location. Location.

4. Timing. Timing. Timing. Coach Stevens ain't coming. At least not soon. So I ain't worrying about the team we don't have.

5. No team is perfect, but its never too late. The light can go on - offense or defense - just in time. As long as it goes on.

6. IU's football field should be grass. Pass the word.

7. Winning matters, but it isn't the only thing.

8. Conscience do cost.

9. Rubbin' is racin'.

10. Dan Dakich needs to keep his mouth off my football coach.
Yeah I'm really getting tired of Dan doing that too. I think a lot of people are. He reminds me of Trump ( please don't anyone go off on that tangent) in that he throws out insults like crazy, but his own skin is paper thin.

IU at home is a bad matchup for Purdue so you got that part wrong. The neutral court games that count are right around the corner, so don't cut down the nets just yet. One early loss and you'll be back belly aching with the rest of us.
I'm not counting on anything. That how I've managed to keep me sanity the last two years. I just enjoy the good games and the players I like, but know it could all blow up the very next game. It wouldn't surprise me a bit to lose to Illinois.

Don't worry Joni, your husband will stay on as coach for a few more years. So Sorry. To busy telling premie posters that Yogi isn't the GOAT they claim he is.
I don't really want him to stay on, but that doesn't mean I'll cheer for a loss. Just enjoying some of the games quite a bit this year, especially after how much they sucked in Maui.

Reactions: crossfire74
I'm trying my best to fit. You have to be obnoxious to fit in here, right? And I was seriously concerned for your posting privileges when we lost that lead. I was seriously concerned for mine.
LOL. I never had any intention of getting myself banned. I was just making a joke, and seeing how many panties I could get in a wad in the process.

We did look like we were trying hard to blow that game late, though, didn't we? Thank the gods for TV Ted, amirite? Don't get to say that often.

I knew it was a joke, but I think we've all posted stuff immediately after a tough loss we have regretted. And that would have brought on a meltdown of epic proportions, had we lost.

I give you credit for coming over here and talking crap too. At least you are being consistent which I can live with!

Says how little your bball IQ is that you understood the absurd substitutions. What should have been a 25 point first half lead was instead single digits. These walk-ons should not be seeing the court. OG should have waaay more minutes as opposed to Hartman. There is no way guys like Williams, Ferrell can be gassed in the first 10 mins. Not buying it. Crean is just an idiot.

Reactions: Lucy01

I honestly don't care one way or the other. They win. Fine. They lose. Fine.

Full apathy has set in.

I've watched one Big Ten game...because I won tickets in a raffle. It was the Minnesota game. It showed me I haven't been missing anything.

Reactions: Rakkasan29

Full apathy has set in.

I've watched one Big Ten game...because I won tickets in a raffle. It was the Minnesota game. It showed me I haven't been missing anything.
Lol... um... you've missed a shit ton.

Reactions: mike41703 and Moops
Good coaches are always looking at options. Tom Crean has options thrust upon him that he'd never have the sense to pursue on his own. I'm serious when I say the guy is having a successful season in spite of himself.
What? You don't think CTC had JBJ injured on purpose? You don't think he planted that vodka in that car? Man, that is very short-sighted of you.

Reactions: dusto nomo
I don't really want him to stay on, but that doesn't mean I'll cheer for a loss. Just enjoying some of the games quite a bit this year, especially after how much they sucked in Maui.
Ok.....tangent on....

1) I have posted all season that I have high expectations for the talent on this team. Yet people (including you) think I am trolling. Eff Off

2) Why should we be excited about Crean "getting a good win" against perdoo? That is what he is paid to do. He receives over 3 million a year and that has translated to two sweet sixteen appearances...not wins....appearances going into his 8th season. He has severely underachieved in two years (year three and the year we didn't make a tournament at all). Beyond that, he lost in the first round of his latest NCAA Tournament game.

Beyond that, celebrating a good win is akin to putting Watford hitting a basket on a popcorn box. Yea! We beat Kentucky! Yea! We beat perdoo! Yea! We're back....again....wait...yep again....These kinds of wins should be expected and not something to run to a message board just to post how large of an orgasm one just had because of a win.

3) I'm tired of the rah rah chit from people that want to say "don't get me wrong, I want him gone" then act like people should be worshiping at the alter of the Tangerine.

Do I want this team to lose? No. Do I want Crean here? No. Am I happy with his less that stellar results? No. Do I run to the board and gloat after a loss? No...in fact after both losing and winning, I keep reposting that THIS TEAM is still in position to accomplish big things because I have high expectations for their talent.

I don't find joy in losing...I haven't necessarily found a lot of joy in our wins. Why on the wins? Because this team could be playing so much better...so much more consistent...and be much more dangerous, yet CTC refuses at times to do what is necessary.

This year I have only made it Bloomington for 4 games, partly because of the construction but mostly because of how frustrating this team can be to watch. I made the conscious decision to sell the others ticket. Previously, I tried to make sure that they went to IU fans...but this year, they went to the highest bidder. Had someone say something about how annoying the Iowa fan was that used my tickets. My response? He paid plenty to have that opportunity...

So next time you want to come over here and "find it kind of funny" at the lack of responses, don't. My expectations is that this team is talented enough to win a B1G Championship and go to the Final Four.

....steps off soap box

Last edited:

Full apathy has set in.

Zeke wants a simple answer to a complex question, and she knows the answer isn't simple. You know the complex answer is people have checked out because Tom Crean is the coach and they have seen the disappointing movie before. It is impossible to be happy and hopeful that Lucy isn't going to snatch the football away when you've seen her do it every time before.

Last edited:
Ok.....tangent on....

1) I have posted all season that I have high expectations for the talent on this team. Yet people (including you) think I am trolling. Eff Off

2) Why should we be excited about Crean "getting a good win" against perdoo? That is what he is paid to do. He receives over 3 million a year and that has translated to two sweet sixteen appearances...not wins....appearances going into his 8th season. He has severely underachieved in two years (year three and the year we didn't make a tournament at all). Beyond that, he lost in the first round of his latest NCAA Tournament game.

3) I'm tired of the rah rah chit from people that want to say "don't get me wrong, I want him gone" then act like people should be worshiping at the alter of the Tangerine.

Do I want this team to lose? No. Do I want Crean here? No. Am I happy with his less that stellar results? No. Do I run to the board and gloat after a loss? No...in fact after both losing and winning, I keep reposting that THIS TEAM is still in position to accomplish big things because I have high expectations for their talent.

I don't find joy in losing...I haven't necessarily found a lot of joy in our wins. Why on the wins? Because this team could be playing so much better...so much more consistent...and be much more dangerous, yet CTC refuses at times to do what is necessary.

This year I have only made it Bloomington for 4 games, partly because of the construction but mostly because of how frustrating this team can be to watch. I made the conscious decision to sell the others ticket. Previously, I tried to make sure that they went to IU fans...but this year, they went to the highest bidder. Had someone say something about how annoying the Iowa fan was that used my tickets. My response? He paid plenty to have that opportunity...

So next time you want to come over here and "find it kind of funny" at the lack of responses, don't. My expectations is that this team is talented enough to win a B1G Championship and go to the Final Four.

....steps off soap box
200_s.gif

Says how little your bball IQ is that you understood the absurd substitutions. What should have been a 25 point first half lead was instead single digits. These walk-ons should not be seeing the court. OG should have waaay more minutes as opposed to Hartman. There is no way guys like Williams, Ferrell can be gassed in the first 10 mins. Not buying it. Crean is just an idiot.

Dudette ...

Yogi averages 34 minutes per game - most on the team.
Troy is next at 26.

You rest a guy after 10 so he can play the last 5 ... and still have fresh legs so he doesn't foul out, and so he can play down the stretch of the conference and NCAA tourneys.

Plus, how do you know whether Anunoby even knows the offense?
Any sumbitch shooting 58% FT won't play AT ALL on my team.

I aint saying Crean is a great coach, and I have grievances, but the substitution and deflections complaints are, umm, id e odd ick.

Reactions: MillerTime
Dudette ...

Yogi averages 34 minutes per game - most on the team.
Troy is next at 26.

You rest a guy after 10 so he can play the last 5 ... and still have fresh legs so he doesn't foul out, and so he can play down the stretch of the conference and NCAA tourneys.

Plus, how do you know whether Anunoby even knows the offense?
Any sumbitch shooting 58% FT won't play AT ALL on my team.

I aint saying Crean is a great coach, and I have grievances, but the substitution and deflections complaints are, umm, id e odd ick.
Except..... Youre ignoring how and when and how many times Crean subs. Most coaches especially late in season sub 20 to 30 times. Some less. Crean is always in the 30s sometimes in the 40s. Even teams that press full court average less subs. Its just more crean weirdoism. So now do you understand?

I give you credit for coming over here and talking crap too. At least you are being consistent which I can live with!

Sorry, not sorry, you're wrong. Diego should absolutely be seeing the court, and you know zero about basketball if you can't see that. He's going to have to play even more with RoJo out, so get ready to get your panties in a wad again. Troy asked to be taken out a couple times in the game, as he was flat out gassed.
my basketball IQ? Try again. Maybe you should check your facts first. Yogi played 36 minutes and Troy played 35. I suppose you want the whole 40 out of. Them? Diego should absolutely be playing. Are you even watching the games? He'll be playing even more while RoJo is out, so be ready to complain some more. OG and Hartman both did some good things last night and their playing time was about equal. Actually even the people on the PU boards were talking about CTC out coaching Painter. Your hatred of Crean gets in the way of your watching a game objectively.

Reactions: Hoops Cat
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT