ADVERTISEMENT

I need to board my dog for about 10 days.

Eppy99

All-American
Gold Member
Oct 27, 2001
Any recommendations for the north side of Indy/Carmel? I've already checked out the Pet Palace and For the Dogs. Camp Bow Wow is also on my list.

We've used Zionsville Country Kennel on Indianapolis Road. They were fine.

McHoop

Here you go problem solved. Just get a new dog when you get back.

shovelhole.jpg

First Friends in Fishers (or maybe it's Noblesville).

Of of 146th and 37, I think.

Any recommendations for the north side of Indy/Carmel? I've already checked out the Pet Palace and For the Dogs. Camp Bow Wow is also on my list.
10 days, shiite, that's a long time. Have you boarded him before? My dog doesn't do well being boarded. No way you can get him to a friend or have a neighbor come to your house, or better yet, just housesit? My dog would be underweight, losing clumps of hair and a bit schizo after 10 days of boarding, and I've had other pets that would suffer too, so it's worth considering if you can find an alternative.

You are an asshat of an owner for not taking your pet with you! They are family too!

Reactions: kkott
First Friends in Fishers (or maybe it's Noblesville).

Of of 146th and 37, I think.

Great place for training. Terrible place for boarding, especially in the winter as most of their boarding facility is exposed to the weather.

Great place for training. Terrible place for boarding, especially in the winter as most of their boarding facility is exposed to the weather.

OK, thanks. Didn't know that. My sister in law works there training dogs and I know people love them for that, so I assumed the boarding was at least alright.

OK, thanks. Didn't know that. My sister in law works there training dogs and I know people love them for that, so I assumed the boarding was at least alright.

They are incredible trainers.

The kennels remind me of a run down trailer park.

It has been a long time since I have needed to board a dog, but I used our vet. The staff knew her and would walk her and give her time in an outdoor run.

It has been a long time since I have needed to board a dog, but I used our vet. The staff knew her and would walk her and give her time in an outdoor run.
We boarded a dog at our vets multiple times, but on one occasion one of the dogs died while staying there. It wasn't their fault, the dog just died. I can't remember if we still had to pay the bill or not.?

Use Rover.com

There is a guy named Chris on there from Carmel (no, not that one). Our dog stays with him. Much, much better than staying in a kennel. If not him, there are tons of other sitters. Ten days is way too long for a kennel, IMO.

We boarded a dog at our vets multiple times, but on one occasion one of the dogs died while staying there. It wasn't their fault, the dog just died. I can't remember if we still had to pay the bill or not.?

This actually happened to a family friend. They boarded their dog at the vet, vet mixed their dog up with another one and put the dog down. Dogs name was Lucky.

Use Rover.com

There is a guy named Chris on there from Carmel (no, not that one). Our dog stays with him. Much, much better than staying in a kennel. If not him, there are tons of other sitters. Ten days is way too long for a kennel, IMO.

Ten days would be a long time for the dog, too, if he stayed with "that" Chris from Carmel. Just ask one of the exes.

Reactions: twenty02

Try DogVacay and find a family, who have been vetted, who will take a dog into their home. It's exponentially better than boarding at a kennel. The people who do this are dog lovers and your pup gets to stay in a home, with much more individualized attention. We've done this with our Golden and he had a great time. The family had their own dog and kept one other guest. The dogs had a great time and had ample time playing outside in a fenced-in back yard. You get to meet several prospective keepers so everyone can get acquainted and you, and they, can make your choice. And, with all of this, it's less expensive than a kennel. Everybody wins.

Reactions: Eppy99
Try DogVacay and find a family, who have been vetted, who will take a dog into their home. It's exponentially better than boarding at a kennel. The people who do this are dog lovers and your pup gets to stay in a home, with much more individualized attention. We've done this with our Golden and he had a great time. The family had their own dog and kept one other guest. The dogs had a great time and had ample time playing outside in a fenced-in back yard. You get to meet several prospective keepers so everyone can get acquainted and you, and they, can make your choice. And, with all of this, it's less expensive than a kennel. Everybody wins.
After visiting a couple places I think this would be my preference.

My parents use a lady who is from Carmel and stays with their dog for $40 a day. What kind of dog is it?

If a kennel, our dog goes to Dog Dayz in Noblesville for day care and they are very good.

My parents use a lady who is from Carmel and stays with their dog for $40 a day. What kind of dog is it?

If a kennel, our dog goes to Dog Dayz in Noblesville for day care and they are very good.
I have a 60 lb goldendoodle pup. I think I found a real promising sitter using the dogvacay website.

I have a 60 lb goldendoodle pup. I think I found a real promising sitter using the dogvacay website.

After trying this you'll never take your dog back to a kennel. You'll likely find a couple of different people/families close to you who you can then use in the future. It's so much better for your dog. Everybody I know who has tried this has been extremely happy with the experience, particularly if their dogs "hate" kennels. Some kennels are so sterile and the dogs are caged so much during the day that it's just not a good situation. In a home the dog can pick out a spot to sleep, rest and play and they come home unstressed. They receive much, much more attention; the sitter wants you to be happy and come back. And, for the dog-loving people who are approved to do this it's easy money.

You'll never take your dog to a kennel again.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT