ADVERTISEMENT

I just want Glass fired.

How can IU get rid of McRobbie? He has to be close to retirement and get someone who cares about IU athletics. Football program is a disaster for over 50 years. IU Basketball can be recovered. A good football program makes revenue to help pay for a high level basketball coach, and for other sports. IU needs a winning IU football team that goes bowling nearly every year to help pay for a competent Basketball leader. The OSU paying 7.5 mil for Basketball Coach tells you what a successful revenue generating football program can do for a university. Something IU does not have.

Last edited:
Its time to get rid of this cancer.
What have you done to get this done besides bitching about him on this board. If you are this unhappy with the AD and this is so important to you then do something about it. Go to AH and stand out and protest and start a picket line. Wright letters to the president and the BOT but it is obvious that your bitching on a message board is not working.

Reactions: YOTHN
How can IU get rid of McRobbie? He has to be close to retirement and get someone who cares about IU athletics. Football program is a disaster for over 50 years. IU Basketball can be recovered. Good football progran majes recenue to help pay for high level basketball coach. Need IU football team bowling to help buy a competent Basketball leader.

Georgia Tech looked at him. Apparently he is respected in the academic world.

I don't mind him staying out of the way. At least he's not sabotaging things.

I would put it more on the Board of Directors.....they know the pulse of the boosters/fans better than the President would.

Reactions: IUgradman
What have you done to get this done besides bitching about him on this board. If you are this unhappy with the AD and this is so important to you then do something about it. Go to AH and stand out and protest and start a picket line. Wright letters to the president and the BOT but it is obvious that your bitching on a message board is not working.

stop this right now, scotty. you're doing that bullshit again that you used to do before we forced you to take a little break. remember that? and you're starting to post 1000 times a day again. just like fpeaugh.

this is a indiana posting board and shit like this will be discussed. stop reading if you don't want to read it.

Georgia Tech looked at him. Apparently he is respected in the academic world.

I don't mind him staying out of the way. At least he's not sabotaging things.

I would put it more on the Board of Directors.....they know the pulse of the boosters/fans better than the President would.
I thought I heard that McRobbie's contract is up in a year and probably will not be back but can't remember where I heard this

I think this image sums up how Fred feels about the current situation

u0evubiecfq5wvrrckxw

You're right. Fred has got to go.
He didn't hit a single one of his shots last night, made bad passes, and played terrible defense.
Oh, wait...

I understand the logic behind defending Archie being that it’s only his second year. I don’t know how you can justify running interference for Fred Glass at this point unless you’re a friend or family member...

How can IU get rid of McRobbie? He has to be close to retirement and get someone who cares about IU athletics. Football program is a disaster for over 50 years. IU Basketball can be recovered. Good football progran majes recenue to help pay for high level basketball coach. Need IU football team bowling to help buy a competent Basketball leader.

I asked someone else before but how does the president of IU correlate to the quality of IU athletics? Unless McRobbie is actively hindering FG, I can't think of a reason that his views about athletics is relevant.

If I was IU's president, I would go to the games but other than that I would leave the running of the AD to the AD.

I asked someone else before but how does the president of IU correlate to the quality of IU athletics? Unless McRobbie is actively hindering FG, I can't think of a reason that his views about athletics is relevant.

If I was IU's president, I would go to the games but other than that I would leave the running of the AD to the AD.
I don't know if he puts restrictions on the budget and how much they can spend on the coaching staff.

Fat Aussie has poached tens of millions in Big Ten Network revenue to pay for his pet projects. He won’t allow coaches to be paid above a certain amount meaning IU will never land a big fish in basketball.

Reactions: Hail Purdue
Fat Aussie has poached tens of millions in Big Ten Network revenue to pay for his pet projects. He won’t allow coaches to be paid above a certain amount meaning IU will never land a big fish in basketball.
Prove that...You have a link?

Presidents do make a difference...See Gordon Gee

Reactions: YOTHN
What? Fkfootball doesn't like Fred Glass? Shocking statement. I would take Bill Lynch back simply to not have to hear you repeat yourself about your disdain for Glass. We got it!

Reactions: minneman
I'd rather see a a couple new assistant coaches..
Never been a fan of James Flint...
He looks dumbfounded in the huddles at time outs
Barely over .500 as a coach..
New blood with some better ideas than Isolation play's for Romeo & Morgan..And the dribble weave
Its pathetic..
And still many teams use it..

At least it hasn't come to this. Free admission and free chicken fingers and hot chocolate for PSU students at the game tonight (while supplies last).

Prove that...You have a link?

Presidents do make a difference...See Gordon Gee

I don't know who Gordon Gee is and I really don't want to google it. What does he do that makes a difference?
What tangible evidence is there that the president make a difference?

Yes, I agree with iftw, please provide a link to back up your assertions.

I don't know who Gordon Gee is and I really don't want to google it. What does he do that makes a difference?
What tangible evidence is there that the president make a difference?
Gee was a president at a few different schools but when he went to Colorado in 1985 he went straight to the AD and McCartney and asked what they needed in order to have a quality football program. Together they all devised a plan and by 1990 CU won a national championship and became a powerhouse for a spell. Espn 30for 30 mentioned it in an episode. He was at Ohio State on 2 separate occasions and now at West Virginia. Bottom line is he is one of those presidents who gives a crap not only about everything on campus but sports as well.

Last edited:
Gee was a president at a few different schools but when he went to Colorado in 1985 he went straight to the AD and McCartney and asked what they needed in order to have a quality football program. Together they all devised a plan and by 1990 CU won a national championship and became a powerhouse for a spell. Espn 30for 30 mentioned it in an episode. He was at Ohio State on 2 separate occasions and now at West Virginia. Bottom line is he is one of those presidents who gives a crap not only about everything on campus but sports as well.

Sounds like I would be if I were a President of IU. Sounds like he made a positive impact at CU.

So do you contend that the opposite is true? If a President is not a sports guy and just leaves the running of the department to the AD, is that a negative? Is that a hindrance to the athletic department?

Sounds like I would be if I were a President of IU. Sounds like he made a positive impact at CU.

So do you contend that the opposite is true? If a President is not a sports guy and just leaves the running of the department to the AD, is that a negative? Is that a hindrance to the athletic department?
Well Fred reports to this guy so I would be supportive in the President role and want my boss to be supportive of me as an employee yes? I would want my boss to ask me what do you need to be successful...I don't know anything about McRobbie.

If we listened to this board, we we clear out the entire athletic department every time a major team loses....one and a half years and a freshman backcourt is not the recipe for success in the Big 10 (especially this year). Get over it...

Reactions: goody1986
Then Big Fish McRobbie needs to go.

I think we could certainly upgrade from Fred. Who would make this call? McRobbie? I don't know. I know McRobbie doesn't care.

We'll probably just make another bad hire, IU sucks at sports.
McRobbir needs to go. IU Academics and athletics are going down the drain because the President and AD just don't care! This is exactly what happened at UCLA, after Wooden retired. The Board of Directors are micro-managing, just like what happened at UCLA. They blew it when and how they fired Knight and who they hired after Knight.

McRobbir needs to go. IU Academics and athletics are going down the drain because the President and AD just don't care! This is exactly what happened at UCLA, after Wooden retired. The Board of Directors are micro-managing, just like what happened at UCLA. They blew it when and how they fired Knight and who they hired after Knight.

IU academics have lost 6 in a row too? awwwww shit

Remember when Myles Brand was president?

Did he make a difference?

What about Adam Herbert?

In both cases they impacted the AD negatively because they got involved. I would hope if both would have kept their collective noses out of it we would be in a much better place now.

Well Fred reports to this guy so I would be supportive in the President role and want my boss to be supportive of me as an employee yes? I would want my boss to ask me what do you need to be successful...I don't know anything about McRobbie.

Supportive but if I was the AD, I would rather they keep their noses out of it.

When I would hire a subcontractor, I would provide them with whatever they needed to do their job but I would only get involved if the job wasn't getting done correctly.

IMO, hire the right people and let them do their job.

I guess I don't understand the sentiments of some here that say that McRobbie needs to go when speaking of the athletic department.

I guess I don't understand the sentiments of some here that say that McRobbie needs to go when speaking of the athletic department.
I think soe people around here think he takes some of the TV money that comes in from the BIG contract, but nobody can prove that. As much as Fred has built I can't imagine any monies being held from him. He's done ALOT

If we listened to this board, we we clear out the entire athletic department every time a major team loses....one and a half years and a freshman backcourt is not the recipe for success in the Big 10 (especially this year). Get over it...

It’s the body of work ALWAYS in these decisions and it doesn’t just involve this insulated bubble that IU fans live in pointing to a small stretch in basketball this season.

It involves football too, which any university worth their salt knows is important as hell.

So, to isolate a stretch of 7-8 games in basketball and say everyone is overreacting is completely disingenuous.

It’s all about Fred’s management of the two cash cows over the course of 10 years. Which is enough evidence to be a cause for his pink slip.

IU is widely known as a Big Ten member with “MAC aspirations” and one who is “always on the cheap.”

That’s why they are hanging on by a thread in this conference.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT