ADVERTISEMENT

I hope the fans that left early are barred from ever attending a game in any sport at IU ever again.

Hoosiers47614

Junior
Gold Member
Nov 11, 2019
I don't care that we were losing.
I don't care that it was raining.
I don't care about wanting to beat the rain.
I don't care about any other excuse.

The stadium was two thirds empty by the start of the third quarter.
Inexcusable fan behavior. Fan support simply has to be more resilient than that.
And yes, I was there until the end. Section 10, row 15, seat 112.

Last edited:
I don't ****ing care that we were losing.
I don't ****ing care that it was raining.
I don't care about any other ****ing bullshit excuse.

****ing inexcusable fan behavior, and **** each and every worthless person that left early, and their families.
I hope all of them have miserable lives full of pain and suffering for each day they suck air on this earth.

And yes, I was there until the end. Section 10, row 15, seat 112. Like any person worth any ****ing thing should-be. **** the fair-weather assholes that are turning on the team and coaches, and I hope at least half of them got in a car crash on the way home.
Some people just have stronger urges for self-abuse than others.

****ing inexcusable fan behavior, and **** each and every worthless person that left early, and their families.
I hope all of them have miserable lives full of pain and suffering for each day they suck air on this earth.

And yes, I was there until the end. Section 10, row 15, seat 112. Like any person worth any ****ing thing should-be. **** the fair-weather assholes that are turning on the team and coaches, and I hope at least half of them got in a car crash on the way home.
yikes

Glad to see that you were able to keep your perspective. There are some fans that go ape-sh*t crazy after a game like that.

Last edited:

A solid, composed post.

Stupid, insensitive, uneducated, and obviously not a long time IU FB fan...STFU...childish. Glad you stayed..others had different idea of a good show. You need to chill out...understand angst...I felt it for 30 yrs following IU FB; it just is what it is...sorry for you...

Stupid, insensitive, uneducated, and obviously not a long time IU FB fan...STFU...childish. Glad you stayed..others had different idea of a good show. You need to chill out...understand angst...I felt it for 30 yrs following IU FB; it just is what it is...sorry for you...
I've been going to games since I was eight years old in 2003, am an IU grad, and have had season tickets since graduating, but whatever.

Last edited:
Reactions: vesuvius13

Completely disagree. We were embarrassingly bad and the game was clearly over by halftime.

We're seven games into a miserable season that has been lacking in "fair weather." After all the preseason anticipation, the national ranking, talk of competing for a Big Ten championship, and then the bottom falling out with the Homecoming loss to Michigan State and the wretched 2-4 record going into last night's game, it's commendable that so many fans showed up at all.

Finally, wow. Take a deep breath.

Dude one word, decaf.

I’ve been attending nearly every home game since 1997 and this is by far the most home fan support they’ve ever had, and the season has been a bust! You’re right, the dam finally burst at halftime yesterday, but don’t blame the fans! They bought in. They were duped!

I already regret this post. The main gist of it I still mean, though.
I don't think there's ever a justified reason, or that it should ever be acceptable, to leave a game early.
(Other than an emergency situation, obviously.)

But I was still really frustrated when I woke up and looking for an outlet.
The cursing and the thing about hoping people crashed,
or that I hope their lives are miserable, were way beyond the pale.

I apologize for that much.

I don't think there's ever a justified reason, or that it should ever be acceptable, to leave a game early.

You’re a mensch for writing this.

Nobody here (excepting Feepaw, of course) is happy right now, at all.

Maybe you should go back and edit it.

I used to sit in the rain until the very end and watch my Hoosiers lose. That was decades ago. Now I root for a major overhaul of college football that would assign 30 or so teams like Alabama, OSU, Notre Dame, etc to a higher division.

Indiana doesn't get enough horses to compete in football. That is a simple conclusion over a century of collected numbers. For a state that still celebrates the "Milan miracle" one would think people would understand the imbalance of power in college football.

Inexcusable fan behavior. Fan support simply has to be more resilient than that.
Would you like a cookie? What is inexcusable is some high and mighty c***sucker telling people what to do with their time on a Saturday night. Especially after sitting through 60-90 minutes of cold soaked rain and that poor excuse for a product on the field.

Hope they live lives of pain and suffering? Hope they had a car wreck on the way home?We are still talking about a GAME played by 20 yr olds,right?
We are still talking about INDIANA FOOTBALL,right?
The stadium is 2/3 empty at probably 80% of the games played.
IU has the worst record in NCAA history,just go with it.

I’ve been attending nearly every home game since 1997 and this is by far the most home fan support they’ve ever had, and the season has been a bust! You’re right, the dam finally burst at halftime yesterday, but don’t blame the fans! They bought in. They were duped!
The support through yesterday has been amazing...the students have been amazing.

Unfortunately. I worry that the attendance will fall back off.

That blown targeting call will haunt IU for Million$

I left when the game was over.

That just happened to be when there was still 6:00 left in the second quarter.

And that’s generous.

Last edited:

The Idaho game was packed. That’s, right, IDAHO!! When has a game like THAT at IU EVER been packed?!?! Uhhh, NEVER!! If they’d have played even close to expectations, I don’t even mean necessarily wins, but competitively, esp on O, MSU would have been packed too. Still, it was pretty good crowd. They haven’t come close to playing a good, complete game after 7 tries.

The kids and Coaches deserved good support and a bump in season ticket sales coming into the year after 2 good years. They got it!! Now, they have to find a way to keep fans in the seats. Thus far, they’ve come up woefully short. No one could be blamed for leaving last night.

Last edited:

We actually performed better without fans. It seems to be a theme with Allen.

Reactions: IUgradman
The Idaho game was packed. That’s, right, IDAHO!! When has a game like THAT at IU EVER been packed?!?! Uhhh, NEVER!! If they’d have played even close to expectations, I don’t even mean necessarily wins, but competitively, esp on O, MSU would have been packed too. Still, it was pretty good crowd. They haven’t come close to playing a good, complete game after 7 tries.

The kids and Coaches deserved good support and a bump in season ticket sales coming into the year after 2 good years. They got it!! Now, they have to find a way to keep fans in the seats. Thus far, they’ve come up woefully short. No one could be blamed for leaving last night.
Get sick of hearing how they need the support and fans to show….and then they serve up a filet-d-turd to those who were dumb enough to show.
This group doesn’t win another game this year. It was actually over after the Cincy game. The entire staff is abysmal and has produced a train wreck of Dinardo proportions.

Here's the deal, dude: Some of us have been buying tickets and driving 4 hours for this garbage for close to 50 years. We keep coming back, and keep coming back, and keep coming back, because somehow they convince us it will be different this time. It never, ever is. Some of have seen the same movie 300 times, and we pay to see it again. People who want to rip long-time IU football fans are literally some of the most clueless fools that have ever walked this earth. And sadly, IU is in the process of pissing away another generation of young, energetic fans that simply aren't going to waste their time and money with it for even a fraction as long as I have.

Did you pass out or something prior to kick-off and have an usher wake you after the game?

Reactions: mk23
Get sick of hearing how they need the support and fans to show….and then they serve up a filet-d-turd to those who were dumb enough to show.
This group doesn’t win another game this year. It was actually over after the Cincy game. The entire staff is abysmal and has produced a train wreck of Dinardo proportions.
Again...never blame the customer

So our product on the field can leave early but the fans can’t!?

Everyone should show up and stay all game no matter what so we can sing for the glory of ol IU after a 50 point beat down! Maybe sing some kumbaya and hold hands while we’re at it.

Give me a break. The better thing at this point would be for fans to boycott and not show up. You can’t continue buying a bad product and then complain that it’s not up to your standards. Quit buying it then!

Reactions: Kelper
Everyone should show up and stay all game no matter what so we can sing for the glory of ol IU after a 50 point beat down! Maybe sing some kumbaya and hold hands while we’re at it.

Give me a break. The better thing at this point would be for fans to boycott and not show up. You can’t continue buying a bad product and then complain that it’s not up to your standards. Quit buying it then!
IU lost to the best offense in the country. Your boys (Brohm and Purdue) got smoked by a middling (at best) Wisconsin team. Sorry if that dose of reality ended the twelve hour hard-on you've had since the IU game, troll.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT