ADVERTISEMENT

I have 37 meetings scheduled this week

Emails are the best thing to happen to litigation ever.

Had a securities case in Florida about 15 years ago. Smaller company. They did an internal investigation and found the CEO had done a bunch of bad stuff in China, hid failing factories, etc. and used a very shady Chinese accounting firm for their factories over there.

In the initial disclosures, they sent over everything that they had done in the internal investigation and we found all these emails from the CEO documenting his SugarDaddy site usage. Dude had saved the profiles of dozens of women, all over the country--some were absolute smoke shows--and his correspondence with them under some username like PinkPanther67. He even had an email where he had laid out rankings of each woman, with star ratings and notes about their likes/dislikes and sexual proclivities.

Rumors were he had the same thing going over in China and that all the U.S. businessmen who went to Hong Kong regularly had Chinese mistresses, both in HK and on the mainland.

Many years ago I was at a computer security conference and one of the lead presenters, someone who had been a lawyer but moved into IT, said "delete your email". He said when he was a lawyer he couldn't say that, but once freed of those shackles he could point out that almost no one is saved by having that one email, but many are totally screwed by having old email. Whatever bad happens for not having old email is never as bad as having it.

I say that as one who never deletes email. I can probably find the times we canceled playing tennis in 2001.

I've got so many email folders that I occassionally peruse some just to reminicse about shit 7 years ago that i'd completely forgotten about.

Rookie.

My Inbox at my last job held everything. Unthreaded, bitch.

If I needed to find something I had either the sort or search function in my email client to use, and I was a master at using it.

Yes, I get it. Who cares. Certainly not I.

But, holy hell, what happened to COMPOSING AN EMAIL AND SENDING TO THE GROUP FOR FEEDBACK. Shirley, you don't need 45 minutes of my time during the day to propose an idea I know you're just going to do anyway.

Just be detailed in your email.

Also, that 37 will definitely rise to 45+ before end of week. We have all these communication tools and people just continue to have meetings.
Are these real "meetings" or just those computerized conference calls where you can have your computer auto-dial in, so you can still do real work without the perpetrator even knowing?

Reactions: larsIU
Are these real "meetings" or just those computerized conference calls where you can have your computer auto-dial in, so you can still do real work without the perpetrator even knowing?
Obviously, unless it’s my meeting then we’re on cams bitches.

Rookie.

My Inbox at my last job held everything. Unthreaded, bitch.

If I needed to find something I had either the sort or search function in my email client to use, and I was a master at using it.
Same here, I tried creating individual folders of organization that took forever that would ultimately lead to the dreaded split decision of what folder this email should go into since it could be 3 or 4.... eventually just trusted the search and filter function.

I worked with a buyer who was funny as hell but a huge, huge asshole that told me he never replied to anything until a minimum of three requests. Said people would either figure it out themselves or go somewhere else if they needed an answer....but if they requested three times then he probably needed to be involved.

He was one of those guys that could glance at our monthly financials a cast a spell at forecast meeting with our directors (I was the opposite, I had to study every single data point to be prepared when the questions came my way).

He eventually was fired because he got a vendor to hire his wife and then gave that vendor a ton of business....so he was double dipping.

A POS...but he was funny as f'ck so I enjoyed working with him.

Those are billable, right?
I don't think there is anything that isn't billable with lawyers. I had to take care oo my sister's affairs when she died and the %^%& sent me an email reminding me to file her taxes and then billed me for it. Seriously, I kept detailed records of how and where her money went in an Excel spreadsheet and he even billed me for keeping a ledger when I was the one that done all the work. And the one thing that he could have done that would have helped was get a new TIN from the IRS and he even screwed that up.

I arrived to the office only to have 74 unread emails. Why the hell don't people just stop by my office or call me or even have an old fashioned in person meeting from time to time? Now I have to read all this crap when a 5 minute (or less) face-to-face would have replaced your 7 emails?

And stop with the emails that just say "Thanks."!
You need to get ChatGPT to answer your emails. 😂

I worked with a buyer who was funny as hell but a huge, huge asshole that told me he never replied to anything until a minimum of three requests. Said people would either figure it out themselves or go somewhere else if they needed an answer....but if they requested three times then he probably needed to be involved.
I didn't know we'd met. Small world.

Same here, I tried creating individual folders of organization that took forever that would ultimately lead to the dreaded split decision of what folder this email should go into since it could be 3 or 4.... eventually just trusted the search and filter function.

He was one of those guys that could glance at our monthly financials a cast a spell at forecast meeting with our directors (I was the opposite, I had to study every single data point to be prepared when the questions came my way).

He eventually was fired because he got a vendor to hire his wife and then gave that vendor a ton of business....so he was double dipping.

A POS...but he was funny as f'ck so I enjoyed working with him.

So much to like about that guy...

Update:

Currently at 47 meetinsg this week. Today is nice. 12 total meetings with one of them being 2 hrs long. It's like a logic problem. Figure out how to get these meetings into 8 hrs

2hr meetings - 1
1 hr meetings - 5
30min meetings - 6

B/c right now they are as follows:

9am
9:30am
10am
10:30am
11:30am
Noon
12:30pm
1pm
1pm
2pm
4pm

• Love
Reactions: UncleMark
Update:

Currently at 47 meetinsg this week. Today is nice. 12 total meetings with one of them being 2 hrs long. It's like a logic problem. Figure out how to get these meetings into 8 hrs

2hr meetings - 1
1 hr meetings - 5
30min meetings - 6

9am
10am
Noon
1pm
1pm
2pm
4pm

Here's my meeting schedule:

Update:

2hr meetings - 1
1 hr meetings - 5
30min meetings - 6

9am
10am
Noon
1pm
1pm
2pm
4pm
Now - Listening to some J.J. Cale
1400 - Watch the start of coverage from Bay Hill.
1415 - Leave for PT.
1530 - Meet my bride for a little bourbon and wine.

I win

Now - Listening to some J.J. Cale
1400 - Watch the start of coverage from Bay Hill.
1415 - Leave for PT.
1530 - Meet my bride for a little bourbon and wine.

I win
12 years.

I have 12 years left. Unless i hit the lottery or have a rich uncle i never met.

Update:

2hr meetings - 1
1 hr meetings - 5
30min meetings - 6

9am
10am
Noon
1pm
1pm
2pm
4pm
To help you stay sane, imagine your mountain schedule.

• Haha
People have lost manners too. By the time I go through that many my mood turns. It used to be hey noodle hope all is well. Just wanted to see where we are with xyz. Appreciate it!

Now it’s:

Status.

Anything?

I just want to write back F*UCK OFF
Man, I almost forgot how that felt.

I hope you make it to retirement.

Reactions: mcmurtry66
Man, I almost forgot how that felt.

I hope you make it to retirement.
You’d think you’d get used to it or numb to it. But you don’t. At least I don’t. I still get aggravated. I care less. But still aggravated

Reactions: DANC
I've got so many email folders that I occasWsionally peruse some just to reminicse about shit 7 years ago that i'd completely forgotten about.
I worked in IT. I NEVER deleted anything unless it was a duplicate or personal, because I knew YEARS from then I would have to dredge up proof of some contractual information or because "You promised this 5 years ago....." kind of shit.

My search skills were world class.

I worked in IT. I NEVER deleted anything unless it was a duplicate or personal, because I knew YEARS from then I would have to dredge up proof of some contractual information or because "You promised this 5 years ago....." kind of shit.

I could have posted this word for word.

Reactions: DANC and larsIU

Let's see. Save everything. Type the key word in the search bar you are looking for. Real hard...

But if you want to call it a skill I guess that is ok.

I could have posted this word for word.
My favorite petty ass bitch move to pull is when somebody says they didn't receive something or that I didn't ask and I go find the original email and forward it to them without comment. Maybe a question mark.

Let's see. Save everything. Type the key word in the search bar you are looking for. Real hard...

Look up the word 'sarcasm', troll.

My favorite petty ass bitch move to pull is when somebody says they didn't receive something or that I didn't ask and I go find the original email and forward it to them without comment. Maybe a question mark.
Yep, did that many times. And I also included anyone who was in on the conversation.

I seriously spent a lot of time just documenting. What a total waste of time.

Yep, did that many times. And I also included anyone who was in on the conversation.

I seriously spent a lot of time just documenting. What a total waste of time.

I'm bonding my ass off with you two today.

Most were easy, sure. But the best were the ones that required a lot more than that. Depending on the project and the participants, you might be looking for a parenthetical or tangential phrase or statement that made all the difference today. And sometimes it was for nothing more than a "Here it is, bitch."

• Love
I'm bonding my ass off with you two today.
People lose their minds in offices. In one of my old offices I had my sect make a sign that the copier now responds to audio commands. Simply state your instructions. It was the same piece of shit copier we always had but for half a day we heard assistants talking to it: TEN COPIES. PRINT TEN COPIES. Why isn’t it working.

I also put a “Reserved Mon Fri 12:45-1:00” sign on the bathroom door. It took weeks for someone to rip it down and not honor it

People lose their minds in offices. In one of my old offices I had my sect make a sign that the copier now responds to audio commands. Simply state your instructions. It was the same piece of shit copier we always had but for half a day we heard assistants talking to it: TEN COPIES. PRINT TEN COPIES. Why isn’t it working.

I also put a “Reserved Mon Fri 12:45-1:00” sign on the bathroom door. It took weeks for someone to rip it down and not honor it
pc-load-letter.gif

ActiveObeseDesertpupfish-max-1mb.gif

AnguishedValuableDuckling-max-1mb.gif

I put up a sign above the urinals: “You get points for hitting the urinal consistently. Scores will be posted at month-end and the winner gets a free personal day.”

the head guy was real funny and a psychotic hot head. there was an associate who had played d1 football and big as a house. funnier than shit. he'd go in and just raid the refrigerator in the office kitchen. then there'd be firm wide emails: i brought left over chicken salad that clearly had my name on it. who ever ate it you are so rude. did anyone eat the pizza that was left over from xxxx? so one morning i came in and the entire kitchen was gutted. no vending machines. no refrigerator. the sink pulled out of the wall. coffee machines gone. cabinets removed from the walls. just a huge bare room like it was going to be remodeled. i was in tears i was laughing so hard

the head guy was real funny and a psychotic hot head. there was an associate who had played d1 football and big as a house. funnier than shit. he'd go in and just raid the refrigerator in the office kitchen. then there'd be firm wide emails: i brought left over chicken salad that clearly had my name on it. who ever ate it you are so rude. did anyone eat the pizza that was left over from xxxx? so one morning i came in and the entire kitchen was gutted. no vending machines. no refrigerator. the sink pulled out of the wall. coffee machines gone. cabinets removed from the walls. just a huge bare room like it was going to be remodeled. i was in tears i was laughing so hard
about 100 years ago I worked for a landscaping company. There was a guy that worked there that was good at his job but just a complete alcoholic, drug addict, etc. The whole nine. Well, he'd never show up on Saturdays after getting paid on Friday.

So the boss (also, you know, owner) just moved payday to Monday. Problem solved.

about 100 years ago I worked for a landscaping company. There was a guy that worked there that was good at his job but just a complete alcoholic, drug addict, etc. The whole nine. Well, he'd never show up on Saturdays after getting paid on Friday.

So the boss (also, you know, owner) just moved payday to Monday. Problem solved.
Oh my god I bet they were pissed!!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT