ADVERTISEMENT

I have 37 meetings scheduled this week

larsIU

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Apr 17, 2010
Yes, I get it. Who cares. Certainly not I.

But, holy hell, what happened to COMPOSING AN EMAIL AND SENDING TO THE GROUP FOR FEEDBACK. Shirley, you don't need 45 minutes of my time during the day to propose an idea I know you're just going to do anyway.

Just be detailed in your email.

Also, that 37 will definitely rise to 45+ before end of week. We have all these communication tools and people just continue to have meetings.

But, holy hell, what happened to COMPOSING AN EMAIL AND SENDING TO THE GROUP FOR FEEDBACK. Shirley, you don't need 45 minutes of my time during the day to propose an idea I know you're just going to do anyway.

Also, that 37 will definitely rise to 45+ before end of week. We have all these communication tools and people just continue to have meetings.
Cocksman!!!! I have three. Just got a bunch of new product in. I know how the meetings will go by rote:
Oh wow. Looks great.
Yeah this is really nice.
Love it.
But when do you think more money will come in?
Yes that was my question. On the money.
Are we thinking this quarter?
With more product?
No. Money.

I arrived to the office only to have 74 unread emails. Why the hell don't people just stop by my office or call me or even have an old fashioned in person meeting from time to time? Now I have to read all this crap when a 5 minute (or less) face-to-face would have replaced your 7 emails?

And stop with the emails that just say "Thanks."!

I arrived to the office only to have 74 unread emails. Why the hell don't people just stop by my office or call me or even have an old fashioned in person meeting from time to time? Now I have to read all this crap when a 5 minute (or less) face-to-face would have replaced your 7 emails?

People have lost manners too. By the time I go through that many my mood turns. It used to be hey noodle hope all is well. Just wanted to see where we are with xyz. Appreciate it!

Now it’s:

Status.

Anything?

I just want to write back F*UCK OFF

• Love
Reactions: larsIU and Noodle
People have lost manners too. By the time I go through that many my mood turns. It used to be hey noodle hope all is well. Just wanted to see where we are with xyz. Appreciate it!

Now it’s:

Status.

Anything?

I just want to write back F*UCK OFF
How about this one:

Hey, I missed your email last night with the draft letter. Can you resend it?

How about this one:

Here’s how to respond:

Hi Joe,

With your after hours missive I took it upon myself to review the number of contacts we’ve had with you in February. Regrettably, I must inform you that you have exceeded what we deem acceptable and are now subject to our punitive billing practices. Our rates until this matter resets are now $650 per hour.

Yours in anger,
Noodle
#CFC4life
#Boilerup

Thanks.

Those are billable, right?

Reactions: anon_6hv78pr714xta

Agree. I have 10 meetings today alone. May start wearing Depends so I can just piss in my pants in my office.

In the 90s people at least stayed away from lunch. No more. And yes, many of these meetings could be an email.

Here’s how to respond:

Hi Joe,

With your after hours missive I took it upon myself to review the number of contacts we’ve had with you in February. Regrettably, I must inform you that you have exceeded what we deem acceptable and are now subject to our punitive billing practices. Our rates until this matter resets are now $650 per hour.

Yours in anger,
Noodle
#CFC4life
#Boilerup
I'm supposed to reduce my rate in response? What am I missing?

Amateur.... I have 11,332 unread emails as of right now..... oh wait 11,333.

Emails are discoverable. If you work for a government emails are public records subject to FOI laws. Phone calls are better.

I used to work with a partner at a law firm who would send an email. Then he’d call your office and leave a vm. Then he’d have the receptionist page you. You’d stop what you were doing, ask to borrow the phone and call him. He’d say, “I sent you an email.”

I had to request to never work with him again for fear of serious jail time.

Unused to work with a partner at a law firm who would send an email. Then he’d call your office and leave a vm. Then he’d have the receptionist page you. You’d stop what you were doing, ask to borrow the phone and call him. He’d say, “I sent you an email.”

Kill!!!! That’s hilarious.

My old gf used to send firmwide emails where the subject line would read:
BIG NEWS!!!!
This morning our firm won a motion to compel….

And it would always be her that did it. LOL. Oh how the women in the office hated her

• Haha

There's a guy here (nice guy) but he ends nearly every email with ......

Like, resolve it bitch. I don't need this uncertainty.

The office place is your Tinder
You’ll like these speaking of tinder

I used to work with a partner at a law firm who would send an email. Then he’d call your office and leave a vm. Then he’d have the receptionist page you. You’d stop what you were doing, ask to borrow the phone and call him. He’d say, “I sent you an email.”

We had one that would use someone else's phone to call you so you didn't know it was him calling you.

I arrived to the office only to have 74 unread emails.
Let's get those rookie numbers up. I get 400 emails a day. Yes, most of them are completely unnecessary.

How about this one:

OMG the passive aggressiveness would kill me.

Amateur.... I have 11,332 unread emails as of right now..... oh wait 11,333.
My deleted folder has 87,014 items. I emptied it at the beginning of the year.

• Wow
Reactions: mcmurtry66
Let's get those rookie numbers up. I get 400 emails a day. Yes, most of them are completely unnecessary.

Just imagine being in the public sector and not being able to delete emails. Each email must be maintained, preferably filed in the appropriate email file.

• Haha
Reactions: Noodle

I'm on the fence. There's been a deluge of emails for me between work, kids school (I get multiple per day from them), kids activities, and other shit (think adult crap - insurance, etc., etc.).

Sometimes I find it more efficient and effective for work to pickup the phone, walk down the hall, etc. and knock something out.

Just imagine being in the public sector and not being able to delete emails. Each email must be maintained, preferably filed in the appropriate email file.

Is the public sector that stupid? My emails are tracked and saved for five years (FINRA) and I can readily delete and move them wherever I want.

• Wow
I've got so many email folders that I occassionally peruse some just to reminicse about shit 7 years ago that i'd completely forgotten about.

I'm on the fence. There's been a deluge of emails for me between work, kids school (I get multiple per day from them), kids activities, and other shit (think adult crap - insurance, etc., etc.).

Sometimes I find it more efficient and effective for work to pickup the phone, walk down the hall, etc. and knock something out.
Agree 100%; But explaining an idea you have is email worthy. In fact, write teh email then re write it 20x and then send it to me.

Reactions: JamieDimonsBalls
Is the public sector that stupid? My emails are tracked and saved for five years (FINRA) and I can readily delete and move them wherever I want.
I don’t make the rules. Are you also subject to FOIA or something similar where any member of the public can request information?

I don’t make the rules. Are you also subject to FOIA or something similar where any member of the public can request information?
They can't do that with IMs right? RIGHT?

joey-tribbiani-shocked.gif

Ha. Now you know why Hillary had her own email server in her basement.
Emails are the best thing to happen to litigation ever.

Had a securities case in Florida about 15 years ago. Smaller company. They did an internal investigation and found the CEO had done a bunch of bad stuff in China, hid failing factories, etc. and used a very shady Chinese accounting firm for their factories over there.

In the initial disclosures, they sent over everything that they had done in the internal investigation and we found all these emails from the CEO documenting his SugarDaddy site usage. Dude had saved the profiles of dozens of women, all over the country--some were absolute smoke shows--and his correspondence with them under some username like PinkPanther67. He even had an email where he had laid out rankings of each woman, with star ratings and notes about their likes/dislikes and sexual proclivities.

Rumors were he had the same thing going over in China and that all the U.S. businessmen who went to Hong Kong regularly had Chinese mistresses, both in HK and on the mainland.

• Wow
Reactions: larsIU
Emails are the best thing to happen to litigation ever.

Had a securities case in Florida about 15 years ago. Smaller company. They did an internal investigation and found the CEO had done a bunch of bad stuff in China, hid failing factories, etc. and used a very shady Chinese accounting firm for their factories over there.

In the initial disclosures, they sent over everything that they had done in the internal investigation and we found all these emails from the CEO documenting his SugarDaddy site usage. Dude had saved the profiles of dozens of women, all over the country--some were absolute smoke shows--and his correspondence with them under some username like PinkPanther67. He even had an email where he had laid out rankings of each woman, with star ratings and notes about their likes/dislikes and sexual proclivities.

Rumors were he had the same thing going over in China and that all the U.S. businessmen who went to Hong Kong regularly had Chinese mistresses, both in HK and on the mainland.
Leave him be

You guys . . .

I think I’ll delete this e-mail from Orvis while I do my knee rehab exercises and watch a couple of episodes of the new Drive to Survive season.

An empty inbox is a glorious thing . . .

You guys . . .

I think I’ll delete this e-mail from Orvis while I do my knee rehab exercises and watch a couple of episodes of the new Drive to Survive season.

An empty inbox is a glorious thing . . .
DtS, well i never.

That explains everything.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT