ADVERTISEMENT

I didn't think high rated kids stayed in state?

We have already found one isnt to bright in Williams leave IU out of it Louisville or MSU really? .

Where was that brightness TO then?

Northern Kentucky?

East Lansing?

Where was YOUR brightness TO?

Right here . . .

toilet+with+mouth.jpg

learn the definition of mediocrity because winning the conference twice is not mediocre.

It is if you used to be, or hope to be, elite on a national level. Winning a weak-schedule, unbalanced regular season title is nice, but what exactly does it get you? A ring or banner if your coach is so inclined I suppose; maybe a net-cutting ceremony. Is that above mediocrity enough for ya?

It is if you used to be, or hope to be, elite on a national level. Winning a weak-schedule, unbalanced regular season title is nice, but what exactly does it get you? A ring or banner if your coach is so inclined I suppose; maybe a net-cutting ceremony. Is that above mediocrity enough for ya?
It is funny that great coaches like Izzo or Matta could not win the conference last year with it being so weak.

It is funny that great coaches like Izzo or Matta could not win the conference last year with it being so weak.

And again, you cite a specific instance vs a HISTORY of results from CTC. I mean, what has Izzo accomplished that CTC hasn't?

Oh, wait a minute...

And again, you cite a specific instance vs a HISTORY of results from CTC. I mean, what has Izzo accomplished that CTC hasn't?

Oh, wait a minute...
Just saying if the conference was so weak then why didn't the great coaches win the conference over the inept coach at IU.

Just saying if the conference was so weak then why didn't the great coaches win the conference over the inept coach at IU.
You obviously weren't watching or you'd know the issues with both of those teams. Interesting that you would foolishly try to puff up Crean by denigrating Matta and Izzo.

Would Mack make IU a bigger brand name? I know nothing about Mack.

He has done more with much less resources at Xavier than Crean at IU.

For example, Crean makes 3.1 million a year.....Mack makes 1.1 and Miller makes 700k.

Is Crean 3 times better than Mack? Is Crean 4 times better than Miller?

I would say he finished first twice in the last 4 years. You really asking why we did not finish in the top 4 in the first 3 years.

Year 3 counts kid....

Ok, fine....why did IU finish 8th and 9th in the last 3 years in the B10?

Let me go get some popcorn....the spin on this is going to be great....

For reference, IU finished 9th in year 2.....Crean's SECOND year

Year 3 counts kid....

Ok, fine....why did IU finish 8th and 9th in the last 3 years in the B10?

Let me go get some popcorn....the spin on this is going to be great....

For reference, IU finished 9th in year 2.....Crean's SECOND year
We shouldn't have finished where we did but no one thought that year 3 we should have finished in the top 4. Thanks for calling me kid but I have been following IU basketball for over 40 years.

We shouldn't have finished where we did but no one thought that year 3 we should have finished in the top 4. Thanks for calling me kid but I have been following IU basketball for over 40 years.

So, Crean did a very poor job 2 of the last 3 years? Correct?

One year was poor and the other one was average. I would not say a year was poor or terrible when you make the tournament. 2014 was a little understandable when you lose your 4 best players and 4 100 point scorers and your needed post player to incessant dope smoking.

Fixed that for you.

Reactions: TheSpa
One year was poor and the other one was average. I would not say a year was poor or terrible when you make the tournament. 2014 was a little understandable when you lose your 4 best players and 4 100 point scorers.

Worth being the 9th highest paid coach in the country?

You can even include last year on that question....

Worth being the 9th highest paid coach in the country?

You can even include last year on that question....
I couldn't care less what a coach gets paid and it has nothing to do with evaluating what he has done. If he was the 50th highest paid guy then you would not have a problem with him. Put it this way if he struggles this year like 2014 then replace him and hire Marshall or Mack and I will be fine with that just like I would if we have a great year.

I couldn't care less what a coach gets paid and it has nothing to do with evaluating what he has done. If he was the 50th highest paid guy then you would not have a problem with him. Put it this way if he struggles this year like 2014 then replace him and hire Marshall or Mack and I will be fine with that just like I would if we have a great year.
So, you'd be willing to pay $75,000 for your Ford Focus?

You obviously weren't watching or you'd know the issues with both of those teams. Interesting that you would foolishly try to puff up Crean by denigrating Matta and Izzo.

Last year was Crean's best coaching job at IU. Now a cynic would argue his best coaching move was taking JBJ out of the lineup, but his hand was forced there, wasn't it? If that doesn't happen, I think we continue to be a bad defensive team and struggle. Also, we had an EXTREMELY favorable schedule last year, so there were mitigating factors, but still his best job. And yet, where did we end up: Elite 8? F4? Nope, S16 and bounced in our first BTT game. See a pattern?

People get paid what the market says it is. There are plenty of professional players who I think are overpaid but the market was there for them to get paid what they got paid.
So if the market told you to pay $20,000 for a lemon that you knew was going to have issues, you'd pay it?

People get paid what the market says it is. There are plenty of professional players who I think are overpaid but the market was there for them to get paid what they got paid.
Do you think Crean would get $3 million plus in the market today? Do you believe he's created value based on his compensation? Would you pay $75k for your Focus?

So if the market told you to pay $20,000 for a lemon that you knew was going to have issues, you'd pay it?
The thing is I don't think Crean is a lemon. If I am evaluating a coach I am looking at other things besides his salary if I am determining if there needs to be a change. I look at on court production as well as how the players are doing off the court.

IU Scott you are putting a whipping on all these trolls by yourself. The major recruits on Indiana for 17 are not your 70 and 80's Indiana kids. All of them struggle with a basketball IQ. None them have the IQ of a OG or Morgan or the desire to play at IU like these 2 do. These 2 along with TB remind me of the IU kids of the 70s thru the 90s. We have already found one isnt to bright in Williams leave IU out of it Louisville or MSU really? Already tells me he all i need to know. Now Guy and Brunk those are IU kids that i was very disappointed in CTC that he didn't get.
Yep but he didn't get Guy or Brunk either so do you have a we are top 16 sign I can buy ??

Easy to point to Knights last few years but that's hardly representative of his time at IU. It's more excuse making.
I don't care who wins your debate here but if it's "easy to point to" then isn't it valid?

I take Davis over Brunk any day and Jones is not ranked that far from Guy.
Brunk will play for 4 years Davis has yet to show up we will see how long he stays. I would take any of the 4 Indiana kids ranked in the top 50 in 2017 over Al Durham any day Plus if you will read the posts I was responding to your friend Neigo who said not getting Brunk and Guy bothered him

Can we all agree at this point with this present roster that CTC has put together very balanced roster. I would also take Davis over Brunk but i really wanted Brunk for the long term. Inside the hall just named the top 20 players in the Big . We have 3 of the top 15 and RJ would be in the top 25.

I watched Brunk once and haven't watched Davis yet. Based on projections I take Davis every day of the week. Of course those projections had Hanner a 5 star and didn't rank OG until very late. Doesn't matter until the lights go on.

I watched Brunk once and haven't watched Davis yet. Based on projections I take Davis every day of the week. Of course those projections had Hanner a 5 star and didn't rank OG until very late. Doesn't matter until the lights go on.

Great point

Can we all agree at this point with this present roster that CTC has put together very balanced roster. I would also take Davis over Brunk but i really wanted Brunk for the long term. Inside the hall just named the top 20 players in the Big . We have 3 of the top 15 and RJ would be in the top 25.
Good collection of talent, but still concerned about PG / ball-handlers

With most other coaches at or near this tax bracket, the fan base would be pumped. But IU fan has earned the right to have a wait-and-see mindset. Can we all agree on that too? I mean, as long as we're agreeing on stuff wholesale? haha

Reactions: Tasmanian Devil
I fully expect both Scruggs and Wilkes to be hoosiers. Crean is going to close the deal folks.

We've seen TC have more talented teams than this and get bulldozed in the sweet 16 before. He seems to make a habit of that. Let's hope that changes this year.

Reactions: hondo314
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT