ADVERTISEMENT

I didn't realize the Super Bowl was yesterday

DCGeneral

Hall of Famer
Jul 5, 2001
Someone people really enjoyed the outcome.

635580893217293091-07-IUPD-FEN.jpg

I get what you're saying

and agree that PUke fans suffer from a serious complex issue....but maybe if our guys were half as fired up to play last night as their's, it might have been a better game. They wanted it more and it showed.

But from a fan perspective, I received a text from a friend of mine who is a PU fan 8 minutes into the game.....8 minutes mind you..saying "How about those Boilermakers!" Really? It was the first half of the first half. I didn't even respond but that pretty much sums up their mentality. Hell I didn't even say a word when we won the bucket. Idiots really.

Yet, there are still IU fans who still talk about a win over a rival from three seasons ago. Face it, if the roles were switched, IU fans and players would celebrate if they beat down a ranked Purdue team. That's what makes it a fun rivalry.

Purdue will play harder in AH later this year than IU in Mackey last night*

Re: If only IU treated every game.....

.....or each possession like it was a "Super Bowl" we might not see these type of duds.
There have been some games, mind you, where we have been the aggressor and this team plays at a
high level. Then, there have been maddening games like this one or Michigan State where we get run out of the gym.
Is it the home court advantage that gets our guys "up" for a game?

I remember when Crean won his first Big Ten game vs. Illinois. He acted like he won the National Championship. At least this was college kids, not the Head Coach.

Re: I get what you're saying

Originally posted by IU40IU:
and agree that PUke fans suffer from a serious complex issue....but maybe if our guys were half as fired up to play last night as their's, it might have been a better game. They wanted it more and it showed.

But from a fan perspective, I received a text from a friend of mine who is a PU fan 8 minutes into the game.....8 minutes mind you..saying "How about those Boilermakers!" Really? It was the first half of the first half. I didn't even respond but that pretty much sums up their mentality. Hell I didn't even say a word when we won the bucket. Idiots really.
This game means more to the PU fans and players. There is really no debate about that. They vent all of their anger and frustration about IU getting all the press in these two games each year. I don't necessarily blame them or hold any ill will towards them for feeling that way; it's just the way it is.

LOL I don't think I U has been anybodys Super Bowl in a very long time !!! More like an after thought now !!

Did Purdue storm the court? Build a trophy case? Make commemorative pop corn boxes? I don't get why I keep hearing IU fans claim that Purdue won the Super Bowl. We all know the super bowl was played in December of 2011....
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Originally posted by Double Tay:
Did Purdue storm the court? Build a trophy case? Make commemorative pop corn boxes? I don't get why I keep hearing IU fans claim that Purdue won the Super Bowl. We all know the super bowl was played in December of 2011....

Posted from Rivals Mobile
The team always stays on the court after a win and mixes with the crowd. Nobody stormed the court. Purdue didn't cut down the nets or hand out rings. Painters message? Improve on their rebounding and get ready for Northwestern. You guys look dumb blowing this out of proportion you know. It was not that big of a deal.

cool.r191677.gif

Purdue will get blown out at AH

Crazy home court advantage in the B1G.

If THAT was not that big of a deal I would surely hate to be there for a big deal. You guys have an odd way of showing no big deal.

Originally posted by Courtsensetwo:
If THAT was not that big of a deal I would surely hate to be there for a big deal. You guys have an odd way of showing no big deal.

Personally, I prefer the drunken bacchanal with several drunk hotties in a hot tub. I'll invite you next time I get one going. Unfortunately, there has not been much to celebrate around Purdue sports lately, so I wouldn't get into your bathing suite just yet!

cool.r191677.gif

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT