ADVERTISEMENT

I bought beer ..

BB is symbolism that liberalizm feeds from conservatism

I imagine this pains you. I understand, because dreams are great as a young starving person but they change as you grow, We want you to grow !

Reactions: NOT joe_hoopsier
It'll be the best toppoing for fish you have ever had.....

Not condemning, speaking from experience.

They say its only scary the first time............ There is a reason for this, and it is the truff.

Now give you kit to an anal buddy...... Not to characterize you friends..... a buddy who actually has attention to detail, then drink his beer....... 4 months later of course.

This post was edited on 2/21 5:44 PM by Joe_Hoopsier

• Haha
Reactions: NOT joe_hoopsier
Nice.

I think you have the appropriate level of expectations for this brew.Ihope it was fun to brew and is at least drinkable.

I took the kids to the children's museum about 40 minutes west of here to a little town called Galesburg. I stopped at hyvee on the way back and was blown away by the selection of Revolution and Firestone Walker. I grabbed several items from each brewery and held off on the Boulevard coffee and bourbon barrel aged imperial stouts that I have not seen yet in Peoria. Bottom line is it was a pretty good beer shopping day even though it was completely unintended. We don't get Revolution here either even though we are closer to Chicago and a much bigger city then they are. Bastards.

However....

...I did not care for the last 2-3 episodes at all.

It took several episodes for me to get into, but it is worth the investment.

Actually, I am.

Especially Zizkov. TMP is just an old hipster that hates anything that everyone else likes.
smokin.r191677.gif

Read anything good lately?

Dying for a good book.

Nothing worth mentioning

I could use a good book too, but everything I start that is supposed to be good, bores me.

Oh no, does that make me an old hipster that hates anything that everyone likes??

Siiiigh.

I just finished buying beer bottled by someone who knows what they're...

doing.

Grapefruit Dead from 18th Street. A collaboration with Mikkeller....In a word...Sublime. Or would that be Subgrapefruit?

I think I've perfected the buying beer part.

I'm good at it.

I'm re-reading an old series....

...called Memory, Sorrow, and Thorn.

It was written by Tad Williams in the late 80's early 90s. I am convinced it was a big influence on Martin's ASOIAF.

Again, give it a chance.

Certainly, imho, vastly superior to House of Cards, though House of Cards has Kate Mara in it, and she needs a spanking.

Bee ..

itch ....

Take that back.

It's not Battle-star Galactica.. it ain't even a pimple on on it's well written arse.

Atta, boy!

Oh what I would've given to be a fly on the wall to see that. lol Did you ever decide on a name?

The wife bored me to death...

Otherwise the cast of characters was awesome.

And I thought drugs was your thing.

It was the unexpected things that kept us coming back. We always had to have a block of time to watch it because we would have to watch 3 episodes.

Sensationalizing Meth?

you should know better. If it ain't green I'm not into it.

This post was edited on 2/21 7:36 PM by Guy_Fawkes

Martin was influenced by many...

Of that, I'm convinced.

We need another book thread.

I'm old enough to not be influenced....

And they brought every dirty aspect of it to the table.

I had problems with it at times but it was just...good.

I'm almost convinced his story was an RPG ...

he's a gamer and has been his whole life. The first thing he did when he "made it" was commission a series of gaming miniatures based on the game. Ones he gets final say on.

I also suspect that a majority of characters in the game are based on 54mm knight in armor miniatures (tin soldiers) he's had since he was a child. He's talked about them and alluded as much.

It helps explain the randomness of his deaths. Something that makes him unique when compared to other writers of his genre.

This post was edited on 2/21 7:48 PM by Guy_Fawkes

I had nice little haul as well today

Barrel Aged Old Rasputin Imperial Stout, Dark Horse Fore Smoked Stout, Lagunitas Cappuccino Stout, SN Big Foot Barley Wine and a Stone Japanese Green Tea IPA.

That is heavy on the dark side of the force...

stout, stout, and stout! I've tried the Green Tea IPA, and it wasn't for me, but you have greater chi than I do.

BTW - I was at 18th today, and they are going to announce an expansion next week, but its already in progress. They're adding (I think) 3 15bbl fermenters, and a new canning and bottling line, so you may see some of this in the Ft. in the near future.

My wife just finished the 3rd book in the Century trilogy by Ken Follett.

She said the 1st two books were better than the 3rd.

I recently reread Moby Dick. I forgot how boring it was.

Now his death randomness is being copied...

I wonder if he plays his games like he writes his books? Brilliant yet half-arsed. I'm sure he still doesn't know how it will play out in the end.

I meant to buy that book but didn't.

That series hasn't been my favorite of his.

Pillars of the Earth still reigns

I still have

Hi Res, Hopslam, SN Harvest Wet Hop among others in my cellar.

I had a Destihl Here Goes Nothin Sour last night. I tasted like I was drinking Lemon Juice. I like it alot.

I just finished the book that covers the real Ship and captain that

Moby Dick was based on. Sinking of a whaling ship called the Essex. Heart of the Sea is the name of the book...I think.

It was pretty good, but I love real life adventure stories.

Destihl

i went to dinner at thei place in Normal, IL last week for my friend's wife's 40th. Good times. They have very good food and solid, interesting beers though nothing that has ever blown me away. I had two different sours in the Dekorra series that were nice. I really enjoy that place and I'm glad they've been canning for a while. I've had lunch there a few times and have been to the one in Champaign too. I really wish we had one in Peoria as it blows away Granite City and the two local breweries here. I

I brewed an IPA.

The "MBE" (Malt Beverage Extract) poured out of a can.

There was nary a hop to see.

This is gonna taste like someone's feet. But I love Little O more than life itself, so I had to brew it. And bottle it. And taste it (probably in 6 weeks or so). If it doesn't kill me, I'll send you a bottle.

Nice pickup on the Firestone and Revolution - I went to Revolution's brewpub in October and it was spectabulous - but not as good as the Unsessionable you sent me. That beverage is world class.

I have some Abrasive with your name on it if you want it (my beverage store buddy hooked me up big time). If you want it, shoot me an email - and no return package is needed. I owe you.

I'm drinking Stone Green Tea IPA right now. It is whipping my buttocks. This is REALLY different, and really good, IMHO.

It also helps explain the half arsedness..

and constant shifting and pulling of threads (some very random) by multiple factions. Plots done by most would fit each other better. If that makes sense. His plots are all over the place. Much like an RPG would be with multiple characters with differing goals..

Read THIS. It's good. It's flawed. It's funny. It's interesting. It's boring beyond compare. It's long. It's ridiculous.. but it's fun.

Pirates, Kings, and vagabonds. Whores, scientists, and magicians. Religions, politics. How could it not be fun? Ben Franklin, Sir Isaac Newton, William and Mary. Orange and Green.. The main Protagonist only has half a ... yea. hence his name Half C*** Jack, King of the Vagabonds.

I can't describe it. It's not a genre I generally like. The writer is a cyper punk writer. He's odd. I can't call it "great" but it's a very enjoyable read. I started on a whim and fell in love with it. Well most of it. For a majority of the book you cannot put down. Then there's 500 pages of letters. (guessing) Actual correspondence between a few different characters. Chapters upon chapters. It's a chore. I've never read anything, including PC repair manuals as mind numbing, but the rest is fun.

READ IT!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT