ADVERTISEMENT

I am here when the boilers are down

BCfanatic2020

Redshirt
Nov 7, 2020
Rib me, tell me the girls at Purdue aren’t good, the campus is ugly, the football team stinks (true), the team looks headed nowhere if we keep the DC and STC, Indiana looks at us as a little brother and is looking for a new rival ... tell me all of it.

my take on the IU team this year was that I thought you guys were flat out a good team and said so when the season started. I don’t know why we start 38 at safety but you guys were able to get 22 athletic starters with relative ease. You went into Wisconsin and won.. something I was told that teams from Indiana not named Notre dame can’t do, because we don’t have a stable of ready made linemen in this state like Wisconsin... hats off. I believe you will win the bucket game by 10 even if we do come to play (doubtful)

but Let’s step back. During the last 10 years and this season I’ve seen more and more chirping on our board, especially this season .. when it’s gone up ten fold. In previous years you guys hid on this board and Instabanned any of us who came here.. a very weird see no evil hear no evil approach.

I am here now. So pile on. All I ask is that when the roles are reversed (and they always will reverse in this rivalry) please visit as frequently and don’t instaban us when we do. Because that’s a rivalry. That weird people under the stairs crap you guys did while you sucked is not rivalry

I do not mind at all, good natured ribbing between rivals. I enjoy constructive, rational discussion between all sports fans. Every dog has it's day. Purdue had it with Tiller. Now, it's finally IU's turn under Allen. The sun will shine on the Purdue dog's ass again. Except when it comes to winning a BB national championship.....;)

You are certainly Helms-worthy though.

McHoop

Last edited:
Rib me, tell me the girls at Purdue aren’t good, the campus is ugly, the football team stinks (true), the team looks headed nowhere if we keep the DC and STC, Indiana looks at us as a little brother and is looking for a new rival ... tell me all of it.

my take on the IU team this year was that I thought you guys were flat out a good team and said so when the season started. I don’t know why we start 38 at safety but you guys were able to get 22 athletic starters with relative ease. You went into Wisconsin and won.. something I was told that teams from Indiana not named Notre dame can’t do, because we don’t have a stable of ready made linemen in this state like Wisconsin... hats off. I believe you will win the bucket game by 10 even if we do come to play (doubtful)

but Let’s step back. During the last 10 years and this season I’ve seen more and more chirping on our board, especially this season .. when it’s gone up ten fold. In previous years you guys hid on this board and Instabanned any of us who came here.. a very weird see no evil hear no evil approach.

I am here now. So pile on. All I ask is that when the roles are reversed (and they always will reverse in this rivalry) please visit as frequently and don’t instaban us when we do. Because that’s a rivalry. That weird people under the stairs crap you guys did while you sucked is not rivalry
The stuff that goes on between the 2 boards is no different than what goes on on other boards between rivals.
And of course it’s gonna ramp up a notch or two when one is having a great year and the other team is down,just human nature.
As far as banning,that works both ways.I was banned over there years ago over a very mild jab at Joe Tiller.

While I did call the Jeff Brohm call-in show to troll him, I've never understood why people enjoy going to other teams' message boards and talking crap to complete strangers. I don't enjoy telling other people that I'm good, I prefer to hear them say it.

While I did call the Jeff Brohm call-in show to troll him, I've never understood why people enjoy going to other teams' message boards and talking crap to complete strangers. I don't enjoy telling other people that I'm good, I prefer to hear them say it.

Yikes.

I, for one, have no problem with Purdue other than hoping they lose the OOB each year. The way I figure it, two quality public schools in the state is better for Indiana (generic) football overall from the HS level up. Purdue has some serious talent in GK, Moore, & Bell. Personally, I think Horvath is criminally underrated considering how good his feet are for his size. Not near Alstott levels, but at least vaguely reminiscent.

I always remind myself that these are just college kids playing a game most of us wish we could at that level. It's all for fun. As a confession, though, I must admit I take a little pleasure in seeing some of the PU posters on the other board wiggle when IU is having such a better season. I can't imagine being so invested in a college sports team, or deriving some level of "self" from one, that I have to work mental gymnastics to belittle a rival.

PU has a good win over Iowa this year. They were in multiple other games and could just as easily be 5-1 this season as they are 2-4. We've been there......oh boy have we been there.

I look forward to a season where the OOB is between two undefeated teams, or even just two top-20 teams. It'd be consequential and the next step in taking our respective programs to the next level of trying to dethrone the Wiscy/OSU/UM/PSU historical stranglehold on the conference we've experienced for so long.

I, for one, have no problem with Purdue other than hoping they lose the OOB each year. The way I figure it, two quality public schools in the state is better for Indiana (generic) football overall from the HS level up. Purdue has some serious talent in GK, Moore, & Bell. Personally, I think Horvath is criminally underrated considering how good his feet are for his size. Not near Alstott levels, but at least vaguely reminiscent.

I always remind myself that these are just college kids playing a game most of us wish we could at that level. It's all for fun. As a confession, though, I must admit I take a little pleasure in seeing some of the PU posters on the other board wiggle when IU is having such a better season. I can't imagine being so invested in a college sports team, or deriving some level of "self" from one, that I have to work mental gymnastics to belittle a rival.

PU has a good win over Iowa this year. They were in multiple other games and could just as easily be 5-1 this season as they are 2-4. We've been there......oh boy have we been there.

I look forward to a season where the OOB is between two undefeated teams, or even just two top-20 teams. It'd be consequential and the next step in taking our respective programs to the next level of trying to dethrone the Wiscy/OSU/UM/PSU historical stranglehold on the conference we've experienced for so long.
Thanks for the enlightenment, professor. We're sorry for "being so invested in a college sports team." I mean, people donate literally millions of dollars, and the entire lifeblood of collegiate athletics is based on that that level of "mental gymnastics," but we'll cut that out for the sake of being a good in-state neighbor and keeping college athletics in the proper perspective. Maybe we should quit posting in an online forum about college athletes during work hours? I'm amazed that you can be bothered to turn on these trivial games on Saturdays. Think of all of the meditating and self-reflection you could do. Maybe go to Walden Pond?

I believe so. It's funny when they do it while getting clobbered. If IU sucks, then what does that make PU? Suck worse?

Reactions: CC Mac
The key to trolling is not letting someone know you're trolling. I was a concerned fan. I said that "I have a friend in Bloomington that says things like, 'the last time Purdue beat Indiana we were in President Obama's first term, Manti Teo's fake girlfriend was cancer-free, that nobody on the current roster has ever beaten Indiana, and that it's not a traveling trophy if it never travels' and that just makes me sick. What are going to do, Coach, to finally beat Indiana?"

Fair play to him...he did beat Indiana...and then he beat us again.

Thanks for the enlightenment, professor. We're sorry for "being so invested in a college sports team." I mean, people donate literally millions of dollars, and the entire lifeblood of collegiate athletics is based on that that level of "mental gymnastics," but we'll cut that out for the sake of being a good in-state neighbor and keeping college athletics in the proper perspective. Maybe we should quit posting in an online forum about college athletes during work hours? I'm amazed that you can be bothered to turn on these trivial games on Saturdays. Think of all of the meditating and self-reflection you could do. Maybe go to Walden Pond?
You do you boo.

IU has plenty of my money and they've got a little more with me buying virtual OOB tickets. I've been loving the Hoosiers since the mid-90s when I was old enough to understand football to some degree. Antwaan, Levron, Dorsey, & Gaddis were my heroes. My first game at Memorial Stadium was when they almost knocked off Michigan in '99 but Brady led a game winning drive at the end. Amazing experience.

But no, I don't derive any substantial part of my identity from a bunch of kids playing a game. If that makes me wrong, I don't want to be right. The difference between an IU player & a PU player (or darn near any other player for that matter) is the school they chose to go to. Our recruiting targets always include a lot of the same guys. They're not trash people just because they picked one over the other.

Perspective my friend.

I enjoy a little friendly ribbing. I never take PU for granted. They got talent and can win a bucket in any given year. Can't wait for the game. My sis is a PU grad. Half my family is for that matter. My cousin was a PU hoops all american in the 1960's, Dave Schellhase. I love this game. Just wish the family was getting together for the holidays so we can talk shit to each other. I don't talk too much shit to Dave but I do a little. He's still 6.4 even though he's lost a step he's a big dude and super fun loving by the way but also super competitive. He dominated family volleyball games. I've been spiked on many times. Massive grin!
As coach CTA says it's great to have a true rival so we should all value it. Go Hoosiers!

Reactions: ESalum86

Ok,

PU girls aren't good, PU=Ugly campus, the football team sucks and you are the little brother.

There, are you happy now?!

Plenty of PU grads have been hanging out here. Some talking FB or Hoops. others just trolling. Nobody gets "instabanned" here and our Hoops board is a sewer because of it.

I posted somewhere a projection I saw yesterday that had PU playing in Phoenix on Dec 26. My surprise was that at 2-4 currently they receive an invite

Plenty of PU grads have been hanging out here. Some talking FB or Hoops. others just trolling. Nobody gets "instabanned" here and our Hoops board is a sewer because of it.

not a college basketball fan.. I’m sure it’s the case though. Our board seems to be coach geez just answering himself all day ...

For those of us who give you guys your due respect it’s a little much.

enjoy this season down the stretch. I hope you guys play in a major bowl. Much like things we do and your expectations, what you do this year hopefully raises our expectations

not a college basketball fan.. I’m sure it’s the case though. Our board seems to be coach geez just answering himself all day ...

For those of us who give you guys your due respect it’s a little much.

enjoy this season down the stretch. I hope you guys play in a major bowl. Much like things we do and your expectations, what you do this year hopefully raises our expectations
Ahhh . . . the curse of raised expectations . . .

. . . thanks for nothin'!

I don’t know how to explain it, but all Purdue fans seem to act the same. It’s like this feeling of insecurity while also combined with this weird superiority complex. Also uh I see a lot of hypocrisy too

Reactions: TMFT
I don’t know how to explain it, but all Purdue fans seem to act the same. It’s like this feeling of insecurity while also combined with this weird superiority complex. Also uh I see a lot of hypocrisy too

Check this out..............

OSU fan mentality.....

I've been retired for a couple of years and just had the opportunity to speak with an old co-worker for the first time since doing so. He's originally from Ohio and of course, a big OSU fan. And otherwise, he's a great due. However....

Five minutes into the conversation, the topic turns to sports. In fairness, I brought it up by saying to him "Hey! How about those Hoosers?" God's truth. Nothing else.

You would have thought I told him that OSU didnt really win a few weeks ago. It was all fake news....

He immediately strikes a tone of dismissiveness with me ; like I'm talking about Center Grove's JV team....

And like I said, otherwise, great due.

McHoop

If you're here when your boils are down I guess we'll just have to get used to seeing a lot of you...😉

You identified and diagnosed most of it... Weird, Insecure, Hypocrites... check, check, check... The strange seeming superiority complex thing that's confusing you is simply their attempt at masking and deflecting the three markers you identified...😎

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT