ADVERTISEMENT

I almost got a hole-in-one today at Harrison Lake Country

McNutt76

Hall of Famer
Sep 1, 2001
Club. I was on the 15th hole and it was playing around 150 yards. I hit a 6-hybrid because the wind was in my face. My ball hit the pin and I had about a 3-footer for birdie. I made the putt, but I still was disappointed with my 2.

Since joining HLCC last Saturday, I have walked two 18-hole rounds. I had an 89 Sunday even though I had a 10 on the 18th hole. Today, I had a 9 on the 14th hole and wound up with a 91.

My scores don't bother me because I am playing the ball down and the course is very wet. I also am playing the back tees.

I am really looking forward to golf again this coming spring. The venue is so much more relaxing than Otter Creek because it isn't nearly as crowded and I know most of the golfers. Speaking of golfers, there were only three other ones on the course today even though it was 50 degrees in Columbus, IN.

Played 9 - shot 37.

8 pars - 1 bogey. Also almost made a hole-in-one - only 18 feet from it. Should have hit it 18 feet shorter and bam.

Semi thread jack - Golf Grips

McNutt, before I forget, close only counts in horseshoes and hand grenades. I did go with two pair of Dry Joys from the thread earlier this Fall. So far, so good.

What kind of grips do you guys use? I play a lot of rounds, so I need some durability. I got Winn Dri-Tacs in the Fall, and they're worn out already. I love the feel, but I would need to re-grip at least 4 times a year. I don't want to change grips more than once a year.

Grip recommendations? Play less golf is not an acceptable recommendation.

Only at Putt Putt. In my newest book I say that if I am going to

die, I hope it's after getting my first hole-in-one. vbg

You are only 2 behind my son

My son had 2 hole in ones by the time he was 14. His first was at 12 playing a round before a tournament with my wife. His second was a year later golfing with me on Mother's Day. It was one of the coolest things I have seen.

Don't feel bad, my dad is 73 and played for over 50 years without a hole in one. His grandson already has 2.

McNutt...I'll translate...he said that he hopes you live long enough...

to finally get that hole in one.

You are nothing if not a stickler for proper grammar!

Me too. I had the winning number.

Well.... The matching powerball number. I won 4bucks.

If I had gotten the other 5 numbers right I would be upgrading my double wide and moving away from IUT.

Speaking of living long, I also state in my book that I might have

to live a long time like some of my relatives to ever shoot my age in golf. My grandmother lived to be 103 and both of my parents were in their nineties.

When I was at our course Friday, I reached the ninth green and noticed an individual getting ready to tee off on the 10th hole. He inquired whether I was going to play the back nine and I told him "yes",

It was one of our former club pros. He is in his mid-eighties and was carrying his golf bag. The man was a genius when it came to giving lessons. He still shoots his age on a regular basis.

Just think, if you wouldn't have hit the pin......

it might have been off the green....vbg

My only hole-in-one

was at the IU course ironically for an alumni get-together. No.4 - hit a 3 iron a bit chubby, hit front of green and rolled into the hole.

tumblr_novdjsuCay1rt28efo1_400.gif

Club. I was on the 15th hole and it was playing around 150 yards. I hit a 6-hybrid because the wind was in my face. My ball hit the pin and I had about a 3-footer for birdie. I made the putt, but I still was disappointed with my 2.

Since joining HLCC last Saturday, I have walked two 18-hole rounds. I had an 89 Sunday even though I had a 10 on the 18th hole. Today, I had a 9 on the 14th hole and wound up with a 91.

My scores don't bother me because I am playing the ball down and the course is very wet. I also am playing the back tees.

I am really looking forward to golf again this coming spring. The venue is so much more relaxing than Otter Creek because it isn't nearly as crowded and I know most of the golfers. Speaking of golfers, there were only three other ones on the course today even though it was 50 degrees in Columbus, IN.

WTF is a 6-hybrid???

My buddy I played with last Saturday has 3-PW all hybrids. They were Cleveland HB3 I believe. It looked so strange seeing the back of the hybrid when he was hitting like a 9 iron.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT