ADVERTISEMENT

I’m going to kill Fox.

All I can tell you is I’ve known her over 20 years as she was accountant for my client in Bloomington. Relationship was nothing but professional all those years. After my divorce she was in middle of separating from her 20 year non marriage relationship. We were working on PPP Loan and were texting and emailing regarding completing the application. Went from there.

She took her mom into her home and cared for her the last 10 years of her life. She has 7 living brothers and sisters and 1 deceased brother. As the youngest of the children she took in her mom. Her mother had nervous breakdown after the 7th of 9 kids. The bastards did electric shock treatment on her and pretty much destroyed 1/2 her brain. My wife never knew her mom as a normal functioning person. She Fed, clothed and took her everywhere. Waded into bathroom in gumboots to shower and bathe her mom when she made messes on herself. She sat on the couch and had conversations with her mom even if her mom wasn’t okay. A year after her mom’s death she still wakes up in the mornings sometimes like this morning crying for her mom.

Loves music from my era, fantastic cook and has an ole soul. We can talk for hours. Only disagreements are Trump related because she’s fully invested and I am not. Last night she was streaming Trump rally and I stomped off to my office.

I love her like never thought I could. I don’t know why I am telling you this. I guess I don’t want you to believe about me what you posted a few months ago.

Peace.
She sounds like a real keeper - very caring.

Sounds like she has grieved her whole life for not having a normal mother-daughter relationship. So sad.

I'm glad you found each other.

Reactions: stollcpa and 76-1
Damn, you’re making it hard for the rest of us when you do stuff like that. Get her a toaster next time . . .
Yeah, or some pots and pans. 🤣

I'm just glad my wife doesn't read this place.🤣

Reactions: 76-1
Oh man I’m so good stoll. I cherish the peace. This has been a wonderful year. But who knows. Maybe boredom will set in at some point
Seriously, I don't mind being alone and I have a great marriage. My wife is in Japan at the moment so I do miss having someone to argue with.... just kidding. Some people have to have other people around but I'm not one of them. I don't get lonely.... if I did I'd get a dog. 🤣

Sent her an Excel spreadsheet.
So romantic.🤣🤣

Seriously, I don't mind being alone and I have a great marriage. My wife is in Japan at the moment so I do miss having someone to argue with.... just kidding. Some people have to have other people around but I'm not one of them. I don't get lonely.... if I did I'd get a dog. 🤣

So romantic.🤣🤣
Excel spreadsheets - The Language of Love (in the magical and mysterious land of Accounting)

Yep.... you come away from most threads saying to yourself "I dumber after reading that" or something similar. 🤣

I had a hard time not putting Hoosiers on there, but the other four I just enjoyed a little more.
I never saw what was so great about Field of Dreams. Bull Durham was OK, but wasn't really about sports, imo. Never saw Titans.

As time goes by, Hoosiers doesn't do much for me. The potential was there for a great story, but Gene Hackman was not convincing as a Knight-style hard-ass coach. The story line with Barbara Hershey was stupid. I did love the scenery and the games scenes inside the gyms. The caravan scene going to the Sectionals always puts a lump in my throat - I remember those times so well.

On the other hand, Breaking Away just gets better every time I watch it. Maybe because I was there when it was filmed, but the characters and shots around Bloomington and the quarry scenes are great. Paul Dooley as the dad was great, too. Just not much I can criticize about it. I was driving down 3rd Street, which was blocked off, while they were doing the serenade at the sorority scene - just great memories.

You're killing me, Smalls.
Sorry. I go to maybe 3 or 4 movies every year and mostly about historical events or personalities. I find most sports movies to be so fake, I just can't take them seriously. Probably just old age.

1 rocky
2 hoop dreams
3 slap shot
4 the natural
Honorable mention raging bull
I think Rocky would be at the top of everyone's list. I also liked The Natural, but it hasn't aged well, imo. I just watch it for the line: "Pick me out a winner, Bobby". Damn, that gets to me every time.

Reactions: mcmurtry66
As Hooky said, “you’re killing me, Smalls!”

The movie is about the way a lot of us grew up, playing and learning the game of baseball while on our own. Football in a field. Basketball on a concrete court with a chain net.
Soccer with just an orange

And a dream

• Haha
Reactions: DANC
I think Rocky would be at the top of everyone's list. I also liked The Natural, but it hasn't aged well, imo. I just watch it for the line: "Pick me out a winner, Bobby". Damn, that gets to me every time.
Was planning on checking out some of The Natural film locations last year when we were up in Buffalo for a game...most have sadly been torn down. Sucks.

Well now I'm gonna have to check it out. Sounds like my youth.
Exactly. And that’s the beauty of the movie. We’d be outside until our mothers dragged us home.

Now, you have to kick kids outside and lock the door. And then the kids would cry to come back in, for their video games.

Well now I'm gonna have to check it out. Sounds like my youth.
It's a great movie. One of those that you'll always stop and watch if you see it while flipping through channels.

the-sandlot-youre-killing-me.gif

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT