ADVERTISEMENT

Hurricane Milton needs it's own thread. tropical storm to Cat 5

There's lots of tornados popping up this afternoon, even near the Atlantic side, in western Palm Beach, Martin, St. Lucie, Okeechobee, and Indian River counties, plus the ones down on alligator alley.

This is a long way removed from the center of Milton. The right side of a big hurricane tends to spawn these, even far ahead of the wind field

Reactions: mcmurtry66
I know. Those joints took a hit from Helene, but can be restored from looking at photos . Milton will wipe them out. There’s a big commercial fish processing place at Cortex, that could disappear. St Armand’s? That could be damaged beyond repair. There are many large trees in those islands that have been there for decades. All will be gone. Probably new cuts to the inland waterway, much development swept away, more barren landscape. Returning to nature.
Columbia has been closed for quite a while.

These hurricanes affect insurance premiums and construction costs all over the country to some degree.
After Ian here in SWFL our home insurance premium doubled. Forced us to search for another provider. Really liked my local agent but he understood. I’m sure we’re going to get another significant increase after Milton.

I'm on the outer fringes of the "cone" in Northern Palm Beach County (Atlantic side). We will probably will see 35-40 mph winds and 2-3 inches of rain. No biggie. We have impact windows and are prepped for any power outage. I'm heading home to bring in the pool/patio furniture and grill.
I’m over in Bonita Springs on the SW gulf coast. Put all of our pool furniture up under the patio overhang and against the slider doors. We have hurricane windows in the front but shutters for the rest. I don’t put them up this time around. Based on storms’ wind direction, our neighbors home should shield from the worst of it. Toughest thing was getting the big tv down from the wall. Our autistic son helped me but he has some difficulty with some things because he’s unsure of himself. My wife flew to Indiana yesterday so she couldn’t help. It was just he and I and the dogs and they were no help.

If anyone would like to listen to a real leader, tune to Wink news and listen to RonDeSantis directing response teams!
Or, visit Trump's web site and watch him direct the hurricane with just a Sharpie.
Trump%20Forecast%20Cone_1567625512805.jpg_22241282_ver1.0_1280_720.jpg

I love how they've been putting Melania out there a lot lately. She was on the Five yesterday. Once you get over the accent you immediately realize that she's much smarter and more knowledgeable on the issues than the woman who has been Vice President the past 4 years. Incredible.
Yeah. Democrats love it, too.

Much more intelligent than her husband who continues to deteriorate before our eyes.

She is the best wife money can pay for.
If I were President, I would give her the Presidential Medal of Freedom, just for putting up with Donald,

My Family definitely can use some prayers! My grandma, mom, aunt, and uncle are in Port Charolette and have no choice but to ride this out! My grandma is in hospice and cant leave. Luckily they’ll have a generator but a 9-10ft storm surge can almost demolish buildings! I’m kinda scared shitless right now! They all luckily survived Charlie years ago that basically demolished neighborhoods around them, but this one seems to be much worse! God bless anyone of your families in the path of this hurricane!
Man
That’s all my favorite part of fla. Siesta key etc
Siesta Key beaches are some of the most beautiful anywhere in the World.

The more Kamala talks the more people dislike her. Her incompetence (and stupidity) shines through. She continually gets softball questions yet is always surprised by them. She’s clueless. She plateaued a long time ago. She will lose this election spectacularly provided no funny business.
Um.. she’s not exactly facing a genius. Trump is very unlikable and is notorious for saying really stupid things. His running mate is bright, Trump not so much.

Good luck with the “but she’s dumb” shtick:

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT