ADVERTISEMENT

Hurricane Helene - she's going to be one expensive bitch

Think Craze may be thinking of Michael Dewayne Brown who ran FEMA during Katrina.

While Bush and FEMA were being criticized, Bush was laughed at for being quoted as saying, "Good job, Brownie".
I know what he's talking about, but I can't let it go whenever someone refers to Harris in a context that any other year would never involve the Veep.

Trump is down there handing out supplies and meeting with the survivors trying to get Internet up and running, etc. Biden is MIA and Kamala is out meeting with elites trying to raise money. Are they throwing the election?

Reactions: Lucy01 and DANC
Don’t understand the disrespect shown CO. I may have miss it but I don’t recall him doing it to posters.
Really? Could it be because it's never aimed at you/

Regardless, my post was (and usually is) mostly playful nose-tweaking when it comes to COH and a few others. I reserve the real disdain for those posters who are true assholes. I'll leave that distinction to your imagination.

I know many people who’ve decided paying 2/3 months rent the cheaper way to go along with less hassle.
Definitely less hassle. I just hate to pay that much rent without anything to show for it other than a few months vacation.

But everybody's different.

Reactions: stollcpa
Really? Could it be because it's never aimed at you/

Regardless, my post was (and usually is) mostly playful nose-tweaking when it comes to COH and a few others. I reserve the real disdain for those posters who are true assholes. I'll leave that distinction to your imagination.
Dang, I’ve been trying to do better.

The difference is Harris is the nominee and you guys need people to forget that the Veep doesn't actually do anything.
All she could possibly do is get in the way at this point. Local responders do not need to deal with security details for a former president, current president or VP right now. They need money and people to help on the ground. Not photo ops.

Harris, Biden and Trump all issues statements day of. Biden authorized federal aid and mobilized fema yesterday. He also is calling for Congress to come back from recess to approve additional aid.

What more could any of those three offer at this point? Thoughts and prayers? They did that too.

• Haha
Reactions: DANC
All she could possibly do is get in the way at this point. Local responders do not need to deal with security details for a former president, current president or VP right now. They need money and people to help on the ground. Not photo ops.

Harris, Biden and Trump all issues statements day of. Biden authorized federal aid and mobilized fema yesterday. He also is calling for Congress to come back from recess to approve additional aid.

What more could any of those three offer at this point? Thoughts and prayers? They did that too.
Biden could suspend all federal regulations regarding union labor, DEI preferences, set aside programs, and bidding requirements for federal FEMA. reimbursements. The states and local governments need to get all the trucks, front end loaders, and other equipment in the field ASAP without regard to the federal bureaucratic reimbursement baloney.

Reactions: DANC
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT