ADVERTISEMENT

Harrell fired by Purdue

When teams start firing coordinators mid-year, it’s full-on dumpster fire mode.
Gee, where have we seen this kind of thing before?
All of these types of moves are only to placate the angry mob because every fanbase always wants a head on a platter.

It doesn’t help the team get any better.
Hell, Purdue should fire their DC. As terrible as the offense has been, the defense is worse.

When teams start firing coordinators mid-year, it’s full-on dumpster fire mode.
Gee, where have we seen this kind of thing before?
All of these types of moves are only to placate the angry mob because every fanbase always wants a head on a platter.

It doesn’t help the team get any better.
Hell, Purdue should fire their DC. As terrible as the offense has been, the defense is worse.
It temporarily deflects SOME criticism away from Walters who is getting bashed, but not by much, and after the losses continue to mount, his seat will remain scalding hot.

It temporarily deflects SOME criticism away from Walters who is getting bashed, but not by much, and after the losses continue to mount, his seat will remain scalding hot.
IU’s fortune on the rise will hasten Walter’s demise. PUke fans are double pissed. He’ll be fired the week leading up to the Bucket Game. I wouldn’t expect another DEI hire on turf there in the foreseeable future.

IU’s fortune on the rise will hasten Walter’s demise. PUke fans are double pissed. He’ll be fired the week leading up to the Bucket Game. I wouldn’t expect another DEI hire on turf there in the foreseeable future.
It's funny how quickly things can change. Just a few years ago, the shoe was on the other foot when we hired Tom Allen and they got Brohm, who turned them around instantly.

It's funny how quickly things can change. Just a few years ago, the shoe was on the other foot when we hired Tom Allen and they got Brohm, who turned them around instantly.
Brohm’s unexpected departure was a kick in the nuts to Purdue Pete. He’s been doubled over, writhing in pain since Brohm’s fateful day of defection.

Most schools have down years, some have more of those years than others. If PU and our trends continue, the final game will be PU’s bowl game. Aside from normal rivalry PU will really want to take a win in the bucket game.

Most schools have down years, some have more of those years than others. If PU and our trends continue, the final game will be PU’s bowl game. Aside from normal rivalry PU will really want to take a win in the bucket game.
I find comfort in the knowledge it’s a home game this year. Our stadium will be packed to the gills in fish-speak.

Kind of a head scratching move even if they don’t get along well, unless Harrell just refused to work anymore or was hugely toxic. Someone has to game plan, call plays, etc.

From IndyStar:

“Harrell was in the second year of a three-year contract. He is owed the entirety of his $950,000 salary for this season as well as all $1,000,000 for his third contract year.”

It wouldn’t surprise me if they promote their O-line coach and start installing something more run oriented. Not sure if they have the horses up front or in the backfield but their line is pass blocking a la IU 2021.

Kind of a head scratching move even if they don’t get along well, unless Harrell just refused to work anymore or was hugely toxic. Someone has to game plan, call plays, etc.
They aren't going to be able to institute a new offense at this point in the season. Walters is looking like Tom Allen: DC with no idea about running an offense and totally dependent on the OC. Better find a DeBoer and quick.

Holy hell, they promoted their analyst (we did that), but he's a guy with exactly ONE YEAR of college coaching experience and that was as the RBs coach at Miami (Redhawks, not Hurricanes). And Walters (a defensive coach) says he's going to be more hands-on with the offense going forward.

I thought our shit show was bad!

Holy hell, they promoted their analyst (we did that), but he's a guy with exactly ONE YEAR of college coaching experience and that was as the RBs coach at Miami (Redhawks, not Hurricanes). And Walters (a defensive coach) says he's going to be more hands-on with the offense going forward.

Ben Davis has a pipeline to the B1G for their HCs.

It w
Brohm’s unexpected departure was a kick in the nuts to Purdue Pete. He’s been doubled over, writhing in pain since Brohm’s fateful day of defection.
It wasn’t unexpected. Purdue knew his destination was likely to be Louisville, his home school.

Reactions: vesuvius13
It w

It wasn’t unexpected. Purdue knew his destination was likely to be Louisville, his home school.
Yup. The offseason prior, he went to a Louisville booster meeting and announced he was planning to coach Louisville soon. Then once the Brohm family got satterfield to leave, it was a done deal. Purdue had a year to prep, they just decided not to pay a good coach…. Big ten championship game was horrible timing.

Because it sounded like a logical move doesn’t mean it was expected as soon as it was. Brohm gave no prior hint.
Yes he did. You must not know PU fans. I know many and they weren’t surprised in the least. It may seem like it since it appears they didn’t do a great job, vetting their new coach. They were actually concerned they might lose him the year before. Just as we are now concerned we might lose Cig. But Cig doesn’t have a natural landing place like Brohm did.

OC fired! Purdue sucks

seinfeld-thats-a-shame2.gif

There was a surprising amount of PU fans who for whatever reason didn't like the great Brohmbowski.

If it wasn't PU I'd feel sorry for them, but IU just went through the pain of hiring an DC to be a head coach and getting the same results. Actually that's not fair to Allen. He had some good years.

His son Brady is a WR on the IU football team. Jason Simmons was entirely underwhelming as HC at Ben Davis. To go 31-28 at a school of that size with the amount of talent it produces is alarming.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT