ADVERTISEMENT

However this ends. These B1G refs are fucking garbage!

I have said this forever. The officials are destroying basketball. They straight out suck at their job and there is never no punishment against them. Any other job they would be fired without a second thought. And as much as I dislike X he got screwed multiple times. MR also was smashed, elbowed, kicked, held, and beat to a pulp almost every time he touched the ball. They ruined this game and the BIG turns their back on what its doing to the conference.

I have said this forever. The officials are destroying basketball. They straight out suck at their job and there is never no punishment against them. Any other job they would be fired without a second thought. And as much as I dislike X he got screwed multiple times. MR also was smashed, elbowed, kicked, held, and beat to a pulp almost every time he touched the ball. They ruined this game and the BIG turns their back on what its doing to the conference.
I have thought for the past few years that it's probably like trying to find good employees for any job. There aren't very many. And at the youth and high school level where most officials get their start, they get treated like crap by parents and coaches. It's only going to get worse, because the young officials are more and more deciding it just isn't worth it.

Reactions: MIS01
I have thought for the past few years that it's probably like trying to find good employees for any job. There aren't very many. And at the youth and high school level where most officials get their start, they get treated like crap by parents and coaches. It's only going to get worse, because the young officials are more and more deciding it just isn't worth it.

Bingo! I talked to two current IHSAA refs (all sports) and they both state how it's not just the coaches, but the parents, players, and fans pretty much threatening them. We all say refs suck, but none of us could do any better.

I told my 20 year old son (and ballplayer since he was 4) to get certified and and ref elementary games. He refused saying parents were too crazy. (Not me. I was perfect. I f*ckin" angel I tell ya!)

Reactions: kkott
I have said this forever. The officials are destroying basketball. They straight out suck at their job and there is never no punishment against them. Any other job they would be fired without a second thought. And as much as I dislike X he got screwed multiple times. MR also was smashed, elbowed, kicked, held, and beat to a pulp almost every time he touched the ball. They ruined this game and the BIG turns their back on what it’s doing to the conference.
There really needs to be repercussions against such terrible officiating. Wonder how often these refs are paid or are betting, either directly or indirectly. I think refs should be totally randomized, many show, some are assigned to a game at random, some don’t even ref. Regardless, something needs to change because it is getting tough to believe they just flat suck this much ass.

They get paid well and don't loose their job no matter how bad they are at it. Not many of them kinda jobs around to my knowledge.

Reactions: IU73
Bingo! I talked to two current IHSAA refs (all sports) and they both state how it's not just the coaches, but the parents, players, and fans pretty much threatening them. We all say refs suck, but none of us could do any better.

I told my 20 year old son (and ballplayer since he was 4) to get certified and and ref elementary games. He refused saying parents were too crazy. (Not me. I was perfect. I f*ckin" angel I tell ya!)
And the threats posed to officials should be dealt with. But so should the horrible job of calling the game that so many of them do.

The good news is other than Malik
fouling out for sure, we would get a fair shake with a normal whistle. Ware and Mack would thrive.

Reactions: bbafficionado
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT