ADVERTISEMENT

How to assess the situation

IndyIUFan66

All-Big Ten
Jun 23, 2013
The offense is bad. The OL is really bad. And ultimately it falls on Sheridan the OC.

I would look for a highly seasoned OC, OL Coach and maybe anew WR coach did that guy has one to bring. (Think our TE & RB coaches stay.)

I would strongly consider a new ST coach too!

Have to hit the portal hard for talent.

Allen should focus on defense and hiring best coaches he can find. He needs real offensive scheme to compete in B10. The defense was able even this year. But you can only make them save you so many times before wheels come off.

The offense is bad. The OL is really bad. And ultimately it falls on Sheridan the OC.

I would look for a highly seasoned OC, OL Coach and maybe anew WR coach did that guy has one to bring. (Think our TE & RB coaches stay.)

Allen should focus on defense and hiring best coaches he can find. He needs real offensive scheme to compete in B10. The defense was able even this year. But you can only make them save you so many times before wheels come off.
I hope you mean assess. We’ve had way too much damned access all season

I think you access the situation by buying a 5th of goldschlager, walking up to him, and then you bring up the gym, tanning, or laundry.

Probably works better if you are a girl, and you look skanky AF.

• Haha
Reactions: BuckeyeAlumnus

Coach Allen does need to get a proven OC and find the best OL coach convincing him to come to IU. IU's OL wasn't much better when coach Deboer was here but he knew offense and how to attack defenses with the OL he had. I know it is hard for many to see the impact a good OC has on other positions but Deboer had our QBs above 68% completion rates, our offense over 35 points a game, and made the screen game an important part of the offense. Our receivers got open more often, they didn't drop as many passes, and blocked better helping the offense be more explosive.

Reading the notes from the Monday presser, it seems like CTA thinks the kids got their heads a little big coming off the last two years like Ws were going to be handed out because of all the returning guys.

As my boss used to say, "a little want-to goes a long way." Not staying hungry can (and looks like DID) have a pretty big negative impact on results.

You can’t build an offense around 4-yard quarterback draws and sideline cross-body passes thrown while running full stride. The Hoosiers have forgotten what a pocket looks like.

And the opposition wont have to blitz. and no worries about technique. Just run by the offensive lineman. There won’t be a pass blocking running back to worry about. The play will break down and McCulley will be on the run after two seconds.

Reactions: vesuvius13
Reading the notes from the Monday presser, it seems like CTA thinks the kids got their heads a little big coming off the last two years like Ws were going to be handed out because of all the returning guys.

As my boss used to say, "a little want-to goes a long way." Not staying hungry can (and looks like DID) have a pretty big negative impact on results.
I'll buy into Sheridan staying if a top WR coach and OL coach can be brought in. I don't think Sheridan is a genius but the offense would have looked much better with better protection and receivers catching the ball without fight the defense for the ball and having a chance for YAC.

LOS, the exact location of the L's and the backyard of the W's. Hiller's mail will be sent to a different zip next season. Seems to me the OL coach at N. Texas is probably a good 1.

Reactions: vesuvius13
LOS, the exact location of the L's and the backyard of the W's. Hiller's mail will be sent to a different zip next season. Seems to me the OL coach at N. Texas is probably a good 1.
Sorry I didn't get to this sooner. but my Computer froze up and I haven't had access for 5 days. The TV Announcers from the Rutgers Game may have put a big nail in Hiller's Coffin. They pointed out that up until 6 Weeks ago, 3 of Rutgers OLinemen were on the Defensive Side of the Ball and were moved. They were starting two Sophomores and a Freshman. Funny how guys with virtually no O Line experience have no trouble learning how to block effectively in less than 2 Months, while We have guys with 4 and 5 years experience under the same Coach Who still can't block.

Sorry, the Caps just make it read A-S-S-E-S

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT