ADVERTISEMENT

How quickly do we fold today?

Bippy

Junior
Jan 20, 2002
Even with a home game I seem to have no confidence at this point. We. Have a ton of “talent” and a system that was allegedly next man up, but this kids just aren’t mentally tough.
Woody needs to try some kids who have been sitting on the bench. Maybe they have some will to fight

Even with a home game I seem to have no confidence at this point. We. Have a ton of “talent” and a system that was allegedly next man up, but this kids just aren’t mentally tough.
Woody needs to try some kids who have been sitting on the bench. Maybe they have some will to fight
Would LOVE to see a RMK move today and start all bench players

Reactions: Bippy
I expect to win every game. Only a loser goes into a game expecting a loss. Can't go through life with a loser's mentality!

I see we arent getting run out of the building yet. Not watching just looking at my phone

giphy.gif

Well, then find another team to follow, loser.

dumb

Lot of negative posters on this board. Must be miserable people to be around. They can’t stand it when another poster has any type of optimistic POV.
Wrong. Woody shook them up and we saw effort. The mental is to the physical as 4 is to 1.
And realism is very different from negativity. I don’t wear rose colored glasses like you

Wrong. Woody shook them up and we saw effort. The mental is to the physical as 4 is to 1.
And realism is very different from negativity. I don’t wear rose colored glasses like you
The team had to adjust after losing two starters... some of you had unrealistic expectations and started the detractions on CMW. Gave up on the team... quitters!

How quickly do you eat crow?

• Haha
Reactions: Joe_Hoopsier
I expect to win every game. Only a loser goes into a game expecting a loss. Can't go through life with a loser's mentality!
They haven't been mentally tough. You can't win without effort and they were weren't in the last several games and I would hope you had noticed.
I love these kids but there is no excuse for not mentally showing up. I loved their D today and unlike others would never criticize missed shots. They worked today, period.
And I will repeat again, the mental is to the physical as 4 as to 1.

Lot of negative posters on this board. Must be miserable people to be around. They can’t stand it when another poster has any type of optimistic POV.
Tell us more about the culture change Woodson is instilling in the players

They haven't been mentally tough. You can't win without effort and they were weren't in the last several games and I would hope you had noticed.
I love these kids but there is no excuse for not mentally showing up. I loved their D today and unlike others would never criticize missed shots. They worked today, period.
And I will repeat again, the mental is to the physical as 4 as to 1.
I expect our players to learn from the poor performances and once again play as hard as they did against UNC and Xavier.

Wrong. I just don’t have mood swings like a 16yo girl. I can stay positive when challenges exist.
ad hominem attack is the best you can do?
Unlike you, I don't think it's fine for a team loaded with 5 and 4 star players to lose at home to Northwestern and by 20 to Penn State. I expect mental effort and the discipline to win. But then, I still have pride in IU basketball.

Unlike you, I don't think it's fine for a team loaded with 5 and 4 star players to lose at home to Northwestern and by 20 to Penn State. I expect mental effort and the discipline to win. But then, I still have pride in IU basketball.
Relax ... the team is adjusting without two of it's starters... your expectations and argument are unrealistic.. No logic. They are human not a machine.

Sounds like you're projecting your issues onto others. Breathtaking how those whom have never met or spoken to a single one of the Players imagine themselves qualified to pass judgment on an entire Team's mental fortitude and/or default to explaining any and all issues on the Court as "lack of "culture" or "mental toughness". Talk about an ad hominem diagnosis (not unlike "mental to physical is 4 to 1").

No one said or implied losing was "okay" and absolutely no one with any real pride in IU (or themselves) would begin a post with "How quickly do we fold today?" - that is textbook loser's mentality. Like many others here, you jump off and on 'the bus' willy-nilly while imagining/proclaiming yourself a true fan and yet have the temerity to adjudge the Team rather than yourself as not being "mentally tough". And then you wonder why someone likens you to a hormonally-challenged teenage girl?

Almost everyone here expects IU to demonstrate the character and commitment required to win - thankfully not everyone chooses to whine like a baby when things don't work out the way they hope/expect, react by throwing the Coaches and Players under the bus, and/or pretend they have the answers Coach Wooden and Co. do not, e.g., "try some kids who have been sitting on the bench". Makes you sound far more like a mentally/emotionally spastic/unstable fraud than a fan, and far far distant from a BB savant if you actually believe that starting or giving major minutes to Gunn, Banks, Leal, Duncomb, et al. today would have resulted in anything as remotely successful as what played out on the Court. For one who prizes "mental effort", rates as really weak sauce.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT