ADVERTISEMENT

How much is your free expression worth?

As we have seen on this board over the silliest of things, everyone tends to paint themselves as the normal ones and the world reacts to them (it's hilarious to me how many posters truly believe they are moderates).

In other words, very few people enjoy being a lowlife, piece of shit, bat shit crazy extremist so we have to be able to justify why we might be perceived as one.

We need a cause or at least a divergence from that feeling.

I could defend Stalin unlike Marv, but I'd have to remind/convince myself how important it is for proper representation as a process. I'm not defending the abominable crimes on humanity this guy did, I'm protecting the virtue of the process cause if I didn't then the process becomes corrupted by emotion and mob mentality....or something like that.

Which makes me feel better.

That's at least much better than say working for something that causes pain and suffering (say Philip Morris today). Then you probably convince yourself it's all personal choice, it's not going away so someone will still do it if I don't, get lost in the game of marketing or what not).

As an aside, Hollywood has tender to lose its focus on how important this mental game we play is to character building. Instead of having a villian that you understand it's justification for being that villain you're just getting villains being evil for the sake of being evil, which means we don't have any investment in that character. They don't make us think or consider their POV.
"I could defend Stalin unlike Marv, but I'd have to remind/convince myself how important it is for proper representation as a process. I'm not defending the abominable crimes on humanity this guy did, I'm protecting the virtue of the process cause"

exactly

Last edited:
Reactions: TommyCracker
Face it he is a liberal communist idiot that lives to agitate anything he can think of. Again you could switch all points but have them seem to come from the left and he would agree because he is to stupid to think for himself .
Cray, you are getting totally ignored by the adults in this conversation. You should probably just go on back to the kids’ table.
Also, why do you always say that someone who disagrees with you has “issues”…even if he/she wasn’t talking to you?

Cray, you are getting totally ignored by the adults in this conversation. You should probably just go on back to the kids’ table.
Also, why do you always say that someone who disagrees with you has “issues”…even if he/she wasn’t talking to you?
You are exhibit #1 and just so you know , apparently then by self admission you aren't an adult? We all knew that but keep trying to feel better about it. I don't like you and there is nothing in the world you have to say that makes a damn bit of difference to me but you seem fixated on trying don't you? GFY

You are exhibit #1 and just so you know , apparently then by self admission you aren't an adult? We all knew that but keep trying to feel better about it. I don't like you and there is nothing in the world you have to say that makes a damn bit of difference to me but you seem fixated on trying don't you? GFY
So, you’re not presently fixated on Zeke? Or Uncle Mark, who I’m pretty sure has you on ignore?
HAHAHAHA!

Bless your heart, little feller.

So, you’re not presently fixated on Zeke? Or Uncle Mark, who I’m pretty sure has you on ignore?
HAHAHAHA!

Bless your heart, little feller.
GFY, you are a useless idiot living in comic book land. You have never posted anything worth a damn but think you are hot shit for some unknown reason

I think this place may be too much for you and your overwrought emotions. You’re getting so upset.
No, you are just an a##hole and I find it funny how liberals are such pussies if they don't like the response their stupid posts garner they put people on ignore. I find it funny they can't handle the truth. I may choose not to respond to dumb f**ks like you but I don't put anyone on ignore. So what is your deal? Just live to be a prick? Just really stupid? I'm going with the latter.

No, you are just an a##hole and I find it funny how liberals are such pussies if they don't like the response their stupid posts garner they put people on ignore. I find it funny they can't handle the truth. I may choose not to respond to dumb f**ks like you but I don't put anyone on ignore. So what is your deal? Just live to be a prick? Just really stupid? I'm going with the latter.
So angry, little guy. Do you need a nap?

(BTW, your hero DANC, who I guess is a liberal pussy according to you, has me on ignore.)

Your insecurity just oozes out of every post.
:D

• Haha
Reactions: Crayfish57
HAHAHAHA!

I think this place may be too much for you and your overwrought emotions. You’re getting so upset.

I don't have any of the likely suspects on Ignore. I just don't respond to them. There is nothing to be gained from engaging them, and the less involvement they have in the Cooler the better. I do occasionally get the impression they're frustrated that they're not getting a rise out of me.

I don't have any of the likely suspects on Ignore. I just don't respond to them. There is nothing to be gained from engaging them, and the less involvement they have in the Cooler the better. I do occasionally get the impression they're frustrated that they're not getting a rise out of me.
Cray is too easy to provoke. I guess I should feel ashamed, but I think he needs to feel tough sometimes. He has so little going for him.

Reactions: UncleMark
Cray is too easy to provoke. I guess I should feel ashamed, but I think he needs to feel tough sometimes. He has so little going for him.

Yeah, I see he wants to kick your ass. Typical of those who show up unarmed to a battle of wits.

Yeah, I see he wants to kick your ass. Typical of those who show up unarmed to a battle of wits.
He makes fun of you for your trailer park life, and tells Zeke she should be kicked out of teaching, but somehow I went over the line.
He’s a stupid, over sensitive hypocrite baby. He needs to stick to the bunny slope.

Freedom of expression refers to the ability of an individual or group of individuals to express their beliefs, thoughts, ideas, and emotions about different issues free from government censorship.

Please note this freedom does not refer to a freedom to express opinions which an employer may find objectionable.

Guess we should be thankful we can find many employers and move on while kissing Levis goodbye.

Freedom of expression refers to the ability of an individual or group of individuals to express their beliefs, thoughts, ideas, and emotions about different issues free from government censorship.

Please note this freedom does not refer to a freedom to express opinions which an employer may find objectionable.

Guess we should be thankful we can find many employers and move on while kissing Levis goodbye.
Thats a pretty barrow view. Freedom of expression is part of our culture and it depends on our common culture to protect. We have prohibited governments from restricting it, but that doesn’t imply that we should accept others engaging in censorship and restrictions on expressing and nurturing ideas.

Thats a pretty barrow view. Freedom of expression is part of our culture and it depends on our common culture to protect. We have prohibited governments from restricting it, but that doesn’t imply that we should accept others engaging in censorship and restrictions on expressing and nurturing ideas.
In her most senior days my frail mother’s skin became so thin that if she banged it against any sort of a hard surface a whole flap of skin would peel off and we had to carefully disinfect it and then put it back and 3M tape it up so it would heal.

That’s how thin-skinned liberals have become.

It’s kind of astonishing how Democrats are continually their own worst enemy.

CoH, you write about freedom of expression as being part of "our common culture". Agree, we do believe in freedom of speech as can be seen in the First Amendment of our Constitution.

However, in this thread the common culture IMO refers to the common culture which can exist within a single business enterprise such as the Levi corporation. Codes of conduct to protect a corporations image and goals can be part of a common culture.

Let us face it; ethnic groups, families, cities, religions, areas, corporations within our country can and do have common cultures. The term common culture can be broad or narrow.

Reactions: iuwclurker
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT