ADVERTISEMENT

How freakin good is Kamara!

I think that he and CJ West are next level good!
If Walker ends up missing extended time...I think that, combined with our overall DLine play, MIGHT end up costing us a game or two, on top of OSU. But West and Kamara won't be the problem! They're both legit! Outside them though, we're pretty thin at depth of talent on the DLine. The good thing is basically every other "group" on the team is top of the conference level good, in my opinion. Its why we're doing what we're doing right now. But having a suspect DLine is worrisome. And not having Walker would exacerbate that. He cleans up A TON of stuff.

DB's are the Achilles heel...
Not a lot of speed..
Good QB's will use the zone and not sure if we have cover guys to play man.
The DBs looked bad against NW. Good thing their QB didn't look great either (IU made him look good at times). Yep, when we play a team with a quality QB, we will have to score 50+. Not exaggerating. Fortunately, I don't see any collegiate Peyton Mannings on our schedule; maybe OSU and Washington will run up the scores. We can hang with Washington; OSU not so much.

If Walker ends up missing extended time...I think that, combined with our overall DLine play, MIGHT end up costing us a game or two, on top of OSU. But West and Kamara won't be the problem! They're both legit! Outside them though, we're pretty thin at depth of talent on the DLine. The good thing is basically every other "group" on the team is top of the conference level good, in my opinion. Its why we're doing what we're doing right now. But having a suspect DLine is worrisome. And not having Walker would exacerbate that. He cleans up A TON of stuff.

Tucker at DT has looked pretty good......

The DBs looked bad against NW. Good thing their QB didn't look great either (IU made him look good at times). Yep, when we play a team with a quality QB, we will have to score 50+. Not exaggerating. Fortunately, I don't see any collegiate Peyton Mannings on our schedule; maybe OSU and Washington will run up the scores. We can hang with Washington; OSU not so much.

Agree that the DBs have not been great. I feel like Asbury and Ferrell (rover) have talent, but haven't seemed all that productive. I've never been a fan of Josh S. I'm a little frustrated with Jamier Johnson because he's often in position but doesn't seem to make many plays. He looks a little passive out there. (same with Josh S., imo). OTOH, Ponds has been very good and the unit as a whole very rarely has a total breakdown/confusion in assignments.

That dude is a freakin wrecking machine - seems to live in the backfield and I love it!

Agree, and would also tout Sarratt, who has been fantastic. What's funny about that is that neither player stood out in the spring game....they were both quiet in that game, but have since shown how they got those great stats. I think they are the two best players, at their respective positions, that we have. Obviously Rourke has been our MVP and has been outstanding, I do think however that Cig's system and some great WR play have facilitated his play. And Ponds has been very good as well.

For those who focus on the OL......who is carrying the mail there? Is Katic the best OL we have? As a unit they are doing great, but no one particular player has caught my eye.

EDIT----The one guy I've really noticed blocking well has been Horton...but its easier watching the TE than the OL as a whole.

Last edited:
Reactions: red hornet and 76-1
Agree, and would also tout Sarratt, who has been fantastic. What's funny about that is that neither player stood out in the spring game....they were both quiet in that game, but have since shown how they got those great stats. I think they are the two best players, at their respective positions, that we have. Obviously Rourke has been our MVP and has been outstanding, I do think however that Cig's system and some great WR play have facilitated his play. And Ponds has been very good as well.

For those who focus on the OL......who is carrying the mail there? Is Katic the best OL we have? As a unit they are doing great, but no one particular player has caught my eye.

EDIT----The one guy I've really noticed blocking well has been Horton...but its easier watching the TE than the OL as a whole.
Rourke didn't stand out in the spring game either. Obviously he's now doing it when it counts.

Reactions: red hornet and 76-1

The OL is manned by tough, blue-collar young men, all coached by one of the best OL coaches in the country. Also 3 of the 5 are sophomores who will be in the program for the next 2 yrs. & continue to improve game to game.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT