ADVERTISEMENT

Harrell fired by Purdue

When teams start firing coordinators mid-year, it’s full-on dumpster fire mode.
Gee, where have we seen this kind of thing before?
All of these types of moves are only to placate the angry mob because every fanbase always wants a head on a platter.

It doesn’t help the team get any better.
Hell, Purdue should fire their DC. As terrible as the offense has been, the defense is worse.
I don’t know. Shut the program down?

Reactions: red hornet and 76-1
Walters is all but gone and it's a matter of will they do it in season or at the end of the season. I saw that the Boilers lost a 4-star cornerback who decommitted after yesterday's game and their recruiting class for next season was already ranked dead last in the conference before that.

Walters is all but gone and it's a matter of will they do it in season or at the end of the season. I saw that the Boilers lost a 4-star cornerback who decommitted after yesterday's game and their recruiting class for next season was already ranked dead last in the conference before that.
He may not make till Monday

Reactions: 76-1
For their next search, it’s not the most appealing job. Roster is a mess and their NIL is not great.

Reactions: 76-1
...after yesterdays game they had a veteran, starting CB leave the team...M. Brown, don't remember his 1st name...stay tuned...certainly the story has just begun...
Sarcastic Oh No GIF by CBC

This is a perfect example of "don't wait". Walters can't do it. You can give him one more off season to really hit the portal hard, and possibly with more money, but there's no reason that shouldn't have been done last year. Maybe he gets one more year, but I'd assume that year is going to be bad and then he'll be out anyway, so all keeping him will ultimately accomplish is to waste another year.

If there's anything that Curt Cignetti has shone a spotlight on it's that it comes from the top down. Purdue should find a coach that's got a great track record, period (not at a high school, by the way, but then again some ADs don't even need a good track record at a high school to be impressed). It shows that they know who to hire and who to recruit. It could be at a lower level - it doesn't matter.

I'm thinking a guy like Jamey Chadwell at Liberty, formerly of Coastal Carolina. If I was Purdue, I'd be all over that guy RIGHT NOW.

Don't wait.

Reactions: Hoosier Clarion
This is a perfect example of "don't wait". Walters can't do it. You can give him one more off season to really hit the portal hard, and possibly with more money, but there's no reason that shouldn't have been done last year. Maybe he gets one more year, but I'd assume that year is going to be bad and then he'll be out anyway, so all keeping him will ultimately accomplish is to waste another year.

If there's anything that Curt Cignetti has shone a spotlight on it's that it comes from the top down. Purdue should find a coach that's got a great track record, period (not at a high school, by the way, but then again some ADs don't even need a good track record at a high school to be impressed). It shows that they know who to hire and who to recruit. It could be at a lower level - it doesn't matter.

I'm thinking a guy like Jamey Chadwell at Liberty, formerly of Coastal Carolina. If I was Purdue, I'd be all over that guy RIGHT NOW.

Don't wait.
Florida will likely go after Chadwell.

Reactions: red hornet

Don't wait.

The one really special thing about Purdue football is the QB history. The most successful coach since Jack M. in the '60s was Tiller, a pass first HC. Drew Brees is a high profile guy who supports the program. So why in the world would they hire a no-name DC with no "it" factor as their HC? Idiotic.

I think he gets a 3rd year: big buyout and the reasoning behind it. Coaches are going to want 3 years to try to make something happen at PU. Plus, AD's don't like to admit failure. Hazell got 4 years. That being said, Walters better find a DeBoer PDQ and hit the portal hard: the sharks are circling.

I think he gets a 3rd year: big buyout and the reasoning behind it. Coaches are going to want 3 years to try to make something happen at PU. That being said, Walters better find a DeBoer PDQ and hit the portal hard: the sharks are circling.
Yea. $9M buyout for him after this year is probably tough for PU to handle. May be one more year.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT