ADVERTISEMENT

How does IU finish these four games?

You'll have to get in line around here, coach. And I'm not sure why being a coach makes you an authority on Purdue's biggest games, especially considering MSU is buried in the conference standings.
What if he was a Purdue, or MSU coach? Would that give him some authority?

• Haha
Reactions: InvisibleHoosier
LOL. Hey. I hope you're right. But as shooter's son says in Hoosiers, "I ain't seeing it".
Oh my, there was a terrible violent event close to where I live…..
“I think I’ll go play better basketball”.
Not seeing it.

"super lucky"???

How about they just play better than MSU and win??

Yeah, super lucky. In the BT, the home teams wins 70% of the time. Unless its lopsided, its *very* difficult to win on the road, and requires good luck. Its not enough to just “play better”.

Yes. Otherwise, I don't really care if it's Bob Knight proclaiming what PU's biggest game is.
As a Coach, I can tell IU boomers that the current year is 2023, not 1993, and Izzo is the Big Ten’s lion that every team wants to slay.

Yet. You're on an IU message board as a Purdue fan. #ExampleOfLittleBrother

In my personal experience, my Purdue friends come out of the woodwork when IU and Purdue play. I love the rivalry and the passion of the fanbases. But it goes from fanatical competitiveness of a rivalry to a weird obsession that goes beyond rivalry. Probably IU fans that may behave the same way. But in my personal experience, the obsession of IU by Purdue fans is not matched in reverse. I would say the "obsession" doesn't exist. Meanwhile, enjoy your national championship of Indiana on Saturday. Ya'll should really start hanging banners for when you win. I think it means that much to you.
I don't know man, we still scream "Purdue sucks!" when we don't play them...

Oh wait.

#rentfree

As a Coach, I can tell IU boomers that the current year is 2023, not 1993, and Izzo is the Big Ten’s lion that every team wants to slay.
I doubt you're right. I could see the coaching staff being more amped up for a program that's had more success recently, MSU, Michigan, Wisconsin in maybe.

Problem is there are a lot of Indiana kids on the Purdue roster, and Painter will forever have an IU chip on his shoulder, so again, I doubt you're right.

I was thinking overall program though, fans, admin, players, coaches...taken in totality, the IU home game is without question the biggest game for Purdue every year. Most honest Purdue fans would admit that. And even if they don't, their actions before, during, and after the game tells the truth of it.

Sounds like you're saying coaches don't care about fan rivalries. Maybe so. From that perspective, our biggest game of the year was probably at NW, where we could have put ourselves in a strong position to challenge for the conference title.

Why are you guys even interacting with this idiot? He is only on here to be a douche and you are giving him a platform by responding to his "As a coach" comments. Ignore him and the troll will go away.

Reactions: asindc

In my personal experience, my Purdue friends come out of the woodwork when IU and Purdue play. I love the rivalry and the passion of the fanbases. But it goes from fanatical competitiveness of a rivalry to a weird obsession that goes beyond rivalry. Probably IU fans that may behave the same way. But in my personal experience, the obsession of IU by Purdue fans is not matched in reverse. I would say the "obsession" doesn't exist. Meanwhile, enjoy your national championship of Indiana on Saturday. Ya'll should really start hanging banners for when you win. I think it means that much to you.
Problem with your message is I attended both schools and had season tickets at both schools. You’re delusional if you don’t think IU fans are not obsessed with how Purdue does - that’s simply not true. I can point to numerous posters who live on this site as examples. Scooby being #1

Reactions: PurdueSteve
Problem with your message is I attended both schools and had season tickets at both schools. You’re delusional if you don’t think IU fans are not obsessed with how Purdue does - that’s simply not true. I can point to numerous posters who live on this site as examples. Scooby being #1
I do not doubt it. That said, I am speaking from my perspective / experience. Did you get degrees from both schools?

Reactions: SaratogaBoiler1
I've given this further thought and I actually think our only chance of a road win is at Purdue. MSU is going to be emotionally charged and I think it will prove to be too much for us. Could be a truly ugly loss for us. Then that leaves Purdue it's bi-annual national championship game. Would be awesome to steal this one, but again, do not see that happening as I simply do not trust our team on the road. That leaves us the final week. X is scheduled to return and that could prove to be "bumpy". Hopefully not too bumpy and we overcome the speed bumps with our home crowd and defense and pull out the victory leaving us a chance to close the B1G regular season out with a sweep of Michigan. Let's do this.
I can see MSU, riding emotion, coming out fast in this game, but fading. IMHO if Galloway can reasonably check Hoggard we'll be in this game to win. I really liked how Race contributed in the Illinois game. He's getting closer to be being back and helping down low.

If we can go 3-1 I will be streaking 2-2 is most likely.

old-school-streaking.gif

• Haha
Reactions: aajohn2000

As a 40 year Purdue alum (with a sister who was a Indiana alum) it will always be a big game, but March is more important. Purdue vs. IU isn't an obsession for me, just one of the measuring sticks of the regular season.

I think that those of you who think MSU will win because they’ll be emotional, are just being emotional yourselves.
This is like a marriage, there’s no place for emotions.
But they were right. Iu will be 10-8 going into the last two. I still suspect we finish 11-9. We have one player basically and thats it.

Reactions: GeorgeStrait IU
But they were right. Iu will be 10-8 going into the last two. I still suspect we finish 11-9. We have one player basically and thats it.
I think we have 2 players, but that is still pathetic. Need Bates and Geronimo to hit the road.

Assuming JHS goes pro, next year could be our weakest team since the early Crean days. Better find a few transfers.

Reactions: GeorgeStrait IU
I think we have 2 players, but that is still pathetic. Need Bates and Geronimo to hit the road.

Assuming JHS goes pro, next year could be our weakest team since the early Crean days. Better find a few transfers.
We really need a guy like Walker from MSU who came from Northeastern, or Young who came from Charlotte, from the portal. But they weren't sleepers in the portal. Woody needs to win in recruiting someone like that. Capps will be ok, but he'll need help.

I'd love us to get a shooter like Cam Spencer, at Rutgers, who came from Loyola MD. He was more of a sleeper. He was more than just a shooter at Loyola and that carried on at Rutgers.

Really hard to get good bigs out of the portal. I remember when Haarms was the #1 rated big in the portal. Guys like Hyatt from RU or Walker from Nebraska would at least give us some depth.

IU loses game and I run to IU board? I must have at least one Mini Marathon completed by now. 😂
Off Topic question for ya, Pig. Figure you are the guy to ask. Are there just a ton of hog barns in WL? Why does it smell so bad?

Lmao, so much butthurt in this post.

Read some of the other threads on here you southern Indiana yokel.

This rivalry is 75% driven by pu grads.

Always has been

Always will be

It defines them.
Haha Scooby you are really funny - you really are - don’t you get bored posting the same exact thing over and over? I would think someone so much smarter than everyone else could do better. I’m already hearing the excuses before this weekend’s game. TJD is tired, X is out, we don’t really care about this game, etc. So you want to talk hoops? How do you think Saturday will play out? Do you think our Freshmen - who really wanted to go to IU - will play better at home? Do you think a tired TJD will get the best of Zack since he is such a better all around player? Do you think Purdue’s bench will outplay IU’s stellar bench? Do you think the good JHS or the brick shooting JHS shows up? Do you think Gillis plays a bit fired up? Since only Purdue grads care about this game I’m assuming you won’t be watching?

Haha Scooby you are really funny - you really are - don’t you get bored posting the same exact thing over and over? I would think someone so much smarter than everyone else could do better. I’m already hearing the excuses before this weekend’s game. TJD is tired, X is out, we don’t really care about this game, etc. So you want to talk hoops? How do you think Saturday will play out? Do you think our Freshmen - who really wanted to go to IU - will play better at home? Do you think a tired TJD will get the best of Zack since he is such a better all around player? Do you think Purdue’s bench will outplay IU’s stellar bench? Do you think the good JHS or the brick shooting JHS shows up? Do you think Gillis plays a bit fired up? Since only Purdue grads care about this game I’m assuming you won’t be watching?
Right on cue.

Ah what the hell, I'll answer, at least from what I think will happen. Not too confident for an IU win and ignoring the pot shots inserted in your questions. Geez, I hope I am wrong.

How do you think Saturday will play out? - PU wins pretty comfortably but not a blowout
Do you think our Freshmen - who really wanted to go to IU - will play better at home? - yes
Do you think a tired TJD will get the best of Zack since he is such a better all around player? - TJD gets his averages, Zack goes off(offensively)
Do you think Purdue’s bench will outplay IU’s stellar bench? - yes, and our lack of bench play will be a killer
Do you think the good JHS or the brick shooting JHS shows up? - some of both
Do you think Gillis plays a bit fired up? - yes, expecting at least 3-4 threes from him
Purdue grads care about this game I’m assuming you won’t be watching? - this IU grad cares and will be watching

Reactions: pig1960
Ah what the hell, I'll answer, at least from what I think will happen. Not too confident for an IU win and ignoring the pot shots inserted in your questions. Geez, I hope I am wrong.

How do you think Saturday will play out? - PU wins pretty comfortably but not a blowout
Do you think our Freshmen - who really wanted to go to IU - will play better at home? - yes
Do you think a tired TJD will get the best of Zack since he is such a better all around player? - TJD gets his averages, Zack goes off(offensively)
Do you think Purdue’s bench will outplay IU’s stellar bench? - yes, and our lack of bench play will be a killer
Do you think Gillis plays a bit fired up? - yes, expecting at least 3-4 threes from him
Purdue grads care about this game I’m assuming you won’t be watching? - this IU grad cares and will be watching
That said, we take comfort in knowing stranger things have happened.

Yes, and most times when my gut tells me how a game will play out, I'm usually wrong. Why I don't gamble. Terrible at it.
You're not terrible at something you don't do, you only think you'd be terrible at it if you did. I think IU will make it a competitive contest on Saturday, but will fall short. The final score will will not be indicative of how competitive the game really was. In other words, we'll get blown out at the end. The only guarantee is that it will be a raucous crowd.

I do not really expect Saturday to be that close at all honestly. Purdue will probably win by like 15 or more. The game that concerns me is Michigan they are starting to come on and that is a must win for us to have any shot at the top 4.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT