ADVERTISEMENT

How does IU finish these four games?

GeorgeStrait IU

All-American
Apr 10, 2005
And which seed do you see getting in the B1G Tourney.. I believe the top 6-7
bunched up after Purdue, Iu has one of the two toughest finishes.

L @ Msu. 19-9 10-7
L @ Pu. 19-10 10-8
W Iowa. 20-10 11-8
W Michigan. 21-10 12-8

Altho it will be tough as hell to finish out those two final games (Illinois type finishes, plus each team has a player who can go off for 28)..

12-8 for a 5th seed? That 4/5th seed is a huge difference. We shall see. Setting standards low, I'd be please to just grab one more to rest easy for Ncaa's.. Although winning @ MSU with all that they're going through right now could be a little easier? Or a coming of jesus moment for them..

What say you? Still think 13-7 Cav? I hope you're right.

I see it going as you do. 2-2 is the likely outcome. its possible they can maybe get super lucky and steal one at MSU, but I wouldnt bet on that.

Reactions: john whan
2-2 most likely with a chance of 1-3 and a slight chance of 3-1. Can't see 4-0 or 0-4 under any circumstances.

Reactions: birdforbogey

L @ Msu. 19-9 10-7
L @ Pu. 19-10 10-8
W Iowa. 20-10 11-8
W Michigan. 21-10 12-8

Altho it will be tough as hell to finish out those two final games (Illinois type finishes, plus each team has a player who can go off for 28)..

12-8 for a 5th seed? That 4/5th seed is a huge difference. We shall see. Setting standards low, I'd be please to just grab one more to rest easy for Ncaa's.. Although winning @ MSU with all that they're going through right now could be a little easier? Or a coming of jesus moment for them..

What say you? Still think 13-7 Cav? I hope you're right.IU can win all four, b
IU can win all four, but I wouldn't be shocked with 3-1 or even 2-2. One at a time.

Reactions: 76-1 and TyWebbIU
MSU...game is going to be otherworldly emotional. Their first home game after the shootings. No clue how that will effect the game, but conventional wisdom would be that it would help MSU. I think Indiana is quite a lot better overall basketball team right now than MSU. But Breslin is tough under normal circumstances. Tuesday won't be normal. I predict a close game, but its hard to predict we'll end up winning.

Purdue...This will be the most amped up their crowd has been all year. I think we'll handle that well overall, probably better than they did at IU early on. But despite recent struggles, Purdue has a better basketball team than we do right now. Give us a healthy X, and I think IU is better. But we won't have that. Probably a competitive game, that ends with a double digit loss.

Iowa...they're playing pretty well of late. But their defense is pretty bad. If X plays this game, as many are reporting might happen, it'll be interesting to see how many minutes he plays, how he plays, will he be a disruption, etc... I could easily see Iowa getting hot and beating us in this game. But I could also see IU playing well, and blowing them out. I think IU wins in the end.

Michigan...similar to Iowa, they're good offensively, bad defensively. In Assembly Hall, TJD, Race, X, Miller senior nights...I gotta think we play inspired and win this game.

So I'd say 2-2, 12-8...haven't looked to see what that will likely be seeding wise in BTT...probably 3-5 or so.

it is not unusual for the sentimental emotions of senior night to conflict with great play. hoping that is not the case.

Too many variables. Have to account for to many other teams wins/losses. They just need to take care of business. A lot can happen. Keep in mind last year(and years past) NCAA official pre-seed rankings are usually pretty close. Out of the 16 last year 9 kept those seed rankings and the rest only moved 1-2 spots. That’s pretty impressive really.

Ill take 2-2... hopefully play 2 games in big ten tourney. No difference in ncaa tourney of being a 4 or 5. If you are a 6 you can evade the 1s until elite 8. Realistically the outcomes are less important than if they are playing well and how Xavier Johnson is integrated back into rotation. This ncaa tourney will be more unpredictable than most.

Hoping we hold home court and take 1 on the road. At that point we would have a double bye, and I wouldn't even care if we are one and done in the B1G Tournament. That would give our guys a full week going into the NCAA

L @ Msu. 19-9 10-7
L @ Pu. 19-10 10-8
W Iowa. 20-10 11-8
W Michigan. 21-10 12-8

I said this in another thread. I see going 2-2 as a push. Anything better than that is a winning hand and means we won at least one on the road. Win less than 2 and it's a losing hand and will have dropped at least one at home. No other team will have played a schedule like IU's to close out the season. It's brutal.

Malik Hall is back for MSU. Gonna be a tough out. I actually think we play PU closer.

Purdue always has one or two players get double digit scoring beyond their norm in our game with them there.
It is going to be their Super Bowl. They are already talking about how they don't care about the Big Ten Tourney. And we all know they "don't care about March".

The prevailing thought on BTN was they’d put IU in Louisville if they were a 4 seed. Playing 1 seed Bama with an arena filled with Hoosier fans, isn’t appealing?
If we're a 4 or 5 seed we'll be in Houston's bracket. Book it.

That’s an interesting take - since it’s our Super Bowl I’m assuming we rush the court after our victory? Hmmmm……….😂
1. Your home game against IU is always the biggest game on your regular season schedule. Saying its not, would be a lie.
2. Our home game against Purdue often is our biggest regular season game. But it isn't always. Any Kentucky home game would be bigger. And any highly ranked, blue blood type home game, in a year when Purdue isn't ranked as highly as they are now...would be bigger. Duke, UNC, Kansas, etc...

As far as rushing the court...what did Purdue's students do when an unranked Purdue team beat a Top 5/Number 1 IU team at home? I assume that's happened at some point? Is Mackey harder to get to the court from the student section than Assembly Hall? Lots of things to consider here.

I said this in another thread. I see going 2-2 as a push. Anything better than that is a winning hand and means we won at least one on the road. Win less than 2 and it's a losing hand and will have dropped at least one at home. No other team will have played a schedule like IU's to close out the season. It's brutal.
Northwestern final four games are more difficult without a doubt. @ ILL, @MD, PSU & @ RUTGERS

1. Your home game against IU is always the biggest game on your regular season schedule. Saying its not, would be a lie.
2. Our home game against Purdue often is our biggest regular season game. But it isn't always. Any Kentucky home game would be bigger. And any highly ranked, blue blood type home game, in a year when Purdue isn't ranked as highly as they are now...would be bigger. Duke, UNC, Kansas, etc...

As far as rushing the court...what did Purdue's students do when an unranked Purdue team beat a Top 5/Number 1 IU team at home? I assume that's happened at some point? Is Mackey harder to get to the court from the student section than Assembly Hall? Lots of things to consider here.
As a Coach, I can tell you that the Michigan State game is often the bigger home game for Purdue.

As a Coach, I can tell you that the Michigan State game is often the bigger home game for Purdue.
You'll have to get in line around here, coach. And I'm not sure why being a coach makes you an authority on Purdue's biggest games, especially considering MSU is buried in the conference standings.

Reactions: InvisibleHoosier

L @ Msu. 19-9 10-7
L @ Pu. 19-10 10-8
W Iowa. 20-10 11-8
W Michigan. 21-10 12-8

I've given this further thought and I actually think our only chance of a road win is at Purdue. MSU is going to be emotionally charged and I think it will prove to be too much for us. Could be a truly ugly loss for us. Then that leaves Purdue it's bi-annual national championship game. Would be awesome to steal this one, but again, do not see that happening as I simply do not trust our team on the road. That leaves us the final week. X is scheduled to return and that could prove to be "bumpy". Hopefully not too bumpy and we overcome the speed bumps with our home crowd and defense and pull out the victory leaving us a chance to close the B1G regular season out with a sweep of Michigan. Let's do this.

Reactions: Compton Jones

It’s a huge game obviously. But the condescending nature of the post lead to my reply. I just find it humorous that so many IU fans still refer to us as little brother or use the term Superbowl when we have been ranked number 1 the past two years, have dominated the series the past several years, and haven’t been the ones rushing the court. That’s all. It’s the second biggest in-State rivalry in college hoops so no matter the records it’s always a huge game at both places.

It’s a huge game obviously. But the condescending nature of the post lead to my reply. I just find it humorous that so many IU fans still refer to us as little brother or use the term Superbowl when we have been ranked number 1 the past two years, have dominated the series the past several years, and haven’t been the ones rushing the court. That’s all. It’s the second biggest in-State rivalry in college hoops so no matter the records it’s always a huge game at both places.
Yet. You're on an IU message board as a Purdue fan. #ExampleOfLittleBrother

In my personal experience, my Purdue friends come out of the woodwork when IU and Purdue play. I love the rivalry and the passion of the fanbases. But it goes from fanatical competitiveness of a rivalry to a weird obsession that goes beyond rivalry. Probably IU fans that may behave the same way. But in my personal experience, the obsession of IU by Purdue fans is not matched in reverse. I would say the "obsession" doesn't exist. Meanwhile, enjoy your national championship of Indiana on Saturday. Ya'll should really start hanging banners for when you win. I think it means that much to you.

You'll have to get in line around here, coach. And I'm not sure why being a coach makes you an authority on Purdue's biggest games, especially considering MSU is buried in the conference standings.
As a Coach, I can tell a boomer without telling me it’s a boomer.

I've given this further thought and I actually think our only chance of a road win is at Purdue. MSU is going to be emotionally charged and I think it will prove to be too much for us. Could be a truly ugly loss for us. Then that leaves Purdue it's bi-annual national championship game. Would be awesome to steal this one, but again, do not see that happening as I simply do not trust our team on the road. That leaves us the final week. X is scheduled to return and that could prove to be "bumpy". Hopefully not too bumpy and we overcome the speed bumps with our home crowd and defense and pull out the victory leaving us a chance to close the B1G regular season out with a sweep of Michigan. Let's do this.
I think that those of you who think MSU will win because they’ll be emotional, are just being emotional yourselves.
This is like a marriage, there’s no place for emotions.

• Haha
Reactions: aajohn2000
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT