ADVERTISEMENT

How do transgender women (biological men) live with themselves . . .

I feel so much sympathy for people with confused identities, but I honestly think we're getting to a point where they are playing cards they don't actually have. Americans are getting tired of this. We'll very soon be to "Do you have a dick? Do you not have a dick? Question answered. Move on."
I’m not sure what you mean by they are playing cards they don’t actually have. Regarding sports?

I feel so much sympathy for people with confused identities, but I honestly think we're getting to a point where they are playing cards they don't actually have. Americans are getting tired of this. We'll very soon be to "Do you have a dick? Do you not have a dick? Question answered. Move on."
Getting to a point? Brother we passed that point three years ago. But kudos for seeing how batshit crazy it is.

No. He’s serious about being male. Unfortunately, I think it’s really messed with the heads of the younger nieces and they not sure what they are. That’s all environment. It has been rough on my sister. The younger girls are looking likely to decide they really are girls at this point.
If we play the stupid game….we become part of the problem.

Reactions: DANC
Didn't know "queer" was ever appropriate in the past, but not surprised it is now accepted in some circles.
I think people have reappropriated the word to mean not-binary or ambiguous in sexual orientation or gender.

Queer Studies has been a thing in “academia” for a while now.

I think people have reappropriated the word to mean not-binary or ambiguous in sexual orientation or gender.

Brad, do these "Queer Studies" college courses deal with theories challenging traditional assumptions about
gender and sexual identities without endorsing them, or do they actually endorse them ?

Brad, do these "Queer Studies" college courses deal with theories challenging traditional assumptions about
gender and sexual identities without endorsing them, or do they actually endorse them ?
If you take a Queer Studies course, you go in with the assumption you are buying into the fluidity of gender and sexuality. To fight it would be akin to taking a science class and arguing about the mystical application of astrology or alchemy to the discipline.

That's a big reason why I put "academia" in quotes. I don't consider such "Studies" what I think a university should be about (for me, Wissenschaften comes closest) because I think they are unfalsifiable and require non-thinking adherence to the fundamental principles. Want to study such stuff within a regular framework of sociology, psychology, or philosophy? Cool. But creating a separate "Study" discipline too often is a sign that you just don't want to argue about the underlying (very rickety, sometimes indefensible) assumptions.

If you take a Queer Studies course, you go in with the assumption you are buying into the fluidity of gender and sexuality. To fight it would be akin to taking a science class and arguing about the mystical application of astrology or alchemy to the discipline.

That's a big reason why I put "academia" in quotes. I don't consider such "Studies" what I think a university should be about (for me, Wissenschaften comes closest) because I think they are unfalsifiable and require non-thinking adherence to the fundamental principles. Want to study such stuff within a regular framework of sociology, psychology, or philosophy? Cool. But creating a separate "Study" discipline too often is a sign that you just don't want to argue about the underlying (very rickety, sometimes indefensible) assumptions.
When I was not doing B-School classes at IU I am ashamed to admit I looked for easy A’s as electives. It boosted the GPA.

One semester I took “Human Sexuality”. we had an honest to god tranny panel one day. They rolled in five freaks and said “go ahead ask them any question you want”

I also came home drunk from the bar one night in college and emailed that teacher that I loved her. Still got an A. Class was a joke.

When I was not doing B-School classes at IU I am ashamed to admit I looked for easy A’s as electives. It boosted the GPA.

One semester I took “Human Sexuality”. we had an honest to god tranny panel one day. They rolled in five freaks and said “go ahead ask them any question you want”

I also came home drunk from the bar one night in college and emailed that teacher that I loved her. Still got an A. Class was a joke.
Pics of teacher, please.

What did you ask?

Reactions: JamieDimonsBalls

Did you have Catherine Sherwood as your teacher? That’s who taught that class when I took it…I loved her too.

d4ae29d9-e8d0-4b35-98ed-dd5e0376107e_text.gif

53b4ef85-274e-4773-adc7-49a9000ffaa7_text.gif

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT