ADVERTISEMENT

Hoosier nation needs to show up and show out this weekend.

Will be a miracle if we get much over 40K physical bodies. They will proclaim a sellout. The Strawberry Shortcake / My Little Pony student section…..well, it’s simply too early a start and with a forecast of sprinkles, they will stay away for fear of little a bit of water.
Unlike Gremlins, who turned into nasty, loud obnoxious and rowdy creatures when doused in water, our student section curls up in a fetal position and then heads for the lots.
Our fan support is arguably the worst in a P4 conference and definitely the worst collection in the Big Ten. Hands down.

Will be a miracle if we get much over 40K physical bodies. They will proclaim a sellout. The Strawberry Shortcake / My Little Pony student section…..well, it’s simply too early a start and with a forecast of sprinkles, they will stay away for fear of little a bit of water.
Unlike Gremlins, who turned into nasty, loud obnoxious and rowdy creatures when doused in water, our student section curls up in a fetal position and then heads for the lots.
Our fan support is arguably the worst in a P4 conference and definitely the worst collection in the Big Ten. Hands down.
Maryland, Rutgers, Wake Forest, Duke, Northwestern, Miami, Illinois, UCLA, and Vanderbilt would like a word

Maryland, Rutgers, Wake Forest, Duke, Northwestern, Miami, Illinois, UCLA, and Vanderbilt would like a word
They may like a word but several of the examples you just cited have very small enrollments compared to IU. We have 45,000 students. Wake Forest has 5,500 undergrads. Northwestern has 22,000. Duke has 18,000. UCLA wasn’t even in session when we played. Vandy has 7,200 students. Per capita, IU is in last place with student turnout and it isn’t close.

Go suck on a tailpipe. Just for ten minutes or so. Please.

Actually. Not many seats left. Glad I got my Nebraska tickets 2 weeks ago. You can still get some but they aren’t great.

Would that be the tailpipe at your tailgate party that you don’t leave? I’m going to continue to be critical of our fanbase until they show a little loyalty.
Exactly what percentage of those "disloyal" fans do you think have actually read one single post ( out of the thousands) you've made on the topic ? I respect your freedom to post what you want, but you are literally bitching to the choir. Scream into the void all you want, but I don't know why you feel the need to continue to beat that horse in front of the people whose presence on this forum demonstrates that they are not the folks you should be subjecting to your constant sarcastic derision.

Exactly what percentage of those "disloyal" fans do you think have actually read one single post ( out of the thousands) you've made on the topic ? I respect your freedom to post what you want, but you are literally bitching to the choir. Scream into the void all you want, but I don't know why you feel the need to continue to beat that horse in front of the people whose presence on this forum demonstrates that they are not the folks you should be subjecting to your constant sarcastic derision.
Largely, you are correct. This board is the loyal ticket holders. That said , I have seen several comments trying to justify the lack of attendance with everything from the opponent to the history, the weather, the traffic, etc. I can understand the weather part of it for one group of fans only : the older crowd. The heat does take a toll on older people. However, the students, able bodied kids 18-22 years old that have zero issues going to summer concerts for 4 hours and slamming around in a mosh pit get no pass on this one. We have 47,000 students on campus and get maybe 7,000 students showing up if that. I’d wager that most Big Ten schools draw minimum 25% of their student enrollment to football games.

How do you go about fixing it? All time leader in losses. Going to take time to change the culture. Hopefully Cig is patient to stick around for it. And hoping Dolson and Co are serious about game day experience. Lots of complaints the last time there were expectations - the Cincinnati game - that it was clear the stadium staffing wasn't prepped for a sold out game. And Btown wasn't ready for it either with traffic control, etc. They've invested in the right coach. If the fans show hopefully they are ready for them.

Reactions: bang63 and 76-1
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT